The 1st Indo-Pak Rock band - From Dubai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 1st Indo-Pak Rock band - From Dubai

At least us Dubaians can see peace between us. 4 Member band, 2 Pakistanis and 2 Indians.

Drummer and bass/vocals - Indians. Keyboard and Lead Singer/guitarist Pakistani.

Jaago - Dedicated to Peace between Pakistan and India

Furkat - Nice slow song too.

Right click and save. Had the pleasure of holding a jam session, invited them too, an year back. A lot of potential, no doubt in my mind that they'd make it big.

I like the music, reminds me of Judas Priest's "Ripper" at times, but I have no idea what they're saying.
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Jaago basically means, "Get up". So he like describes a scenario and then goes like JAAAAAGO!

Furkatt - Means separation/lonliness kinda thing.

Thought you were (partially maybe) Desi? Although none of my American Cuzins know much Urdu either, anyway......

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
        Thought you were (partially maybe) Desi? Although none of my American Cuzins know much Urdu either, anyway......
        Nah, I can barely speak English. :) Thanks for the info, and it was neat to hear it. ;)
        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

I was at this concert once, with Junoon, Sonu Nigam and Junaid Jamshed. They made a modified version of the Junoon song, Dosti. (Friendship). Oh man that was one ugly shit! Since the original's more like a rock song, and Sonu and Junaid sing soft romantic stuff.

Most Pakistani bands (mostly underground) that are emerging in recent times prefer Rock music, like Noori, EP, etc. Might help organize a concert next year, hopefully I'd be able to get Streben (the Indo-Pak band) a gig there.

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
            Might help organize a concert next year
            That would be a cool job. If the show was decent you would have the satisfaction of knowing you had a hand in making thousands happier. The only think I can think of that would be better, would be millions happier, but that's for if it goes to DVD. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
              That would be a cool job. If the show was decent you would have the satisfaction of knowing you had a hand in making thousands happier. The only think I can think of that would be better, would be millions happier, but that's for if it goes to DVD. ;)
              lol.... Just in it for the money

Comment

No offence but their music is crap. Nationality, spirit, intention, goodwill means nothing, their stuff is crap.
                I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

ok.... :)

But I think all that means a whole lot. Especially in different contexts'

Comment

Originally posted by srirangan
                    No offence but their music is crap.
                    Music is all about opinion. You think it's crap, people that listen to it probably think what you like is crap. With music, it only takes one fan to validate it. ;)

Comment

Music is in the ear of the beholder?

Anyway, it's not uncommon that most people in the sub-continent do not like this kind of music, heck even Noori, EP and Junoon's not liked much by resident Pakistanis either. They'd prefer, Punjabi bhangras and Indian movie's songs.

But these bands are huge amongst overseas South Asian fans.

Comment

Asim,

You must have organised it. Good for you.

Aman, Peace, Shanti.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Asim,

I have heard the first one and I am downloading the second.

A little too loud and so I couldn't make out the words. But then, which modern music is not loud. Young guys love it and they make up the audience and who care about the fuddy duddies? ;)

I appreciate their ethos and their zeal to do everything for Indo Pak Friendship.

I may not contribute to the ethos of the BJP but I appreciate Atal Vajpayee to do his best to promote Indo Pak Friendship.

Long live India and Pakistan. India Pakistan Zindabad.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
                            Music is all about opinion. You think it's crap, people that listen to it probably think what you like is crap. With music, it only takes one fan to validate it. ;)
                            I agree, but I still think its crap.
                            I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

I am still listening to Furqat repeatedly. Wonderful, though a trifle Anglicised pronounciation.
                              Last edited by Ray; 09 Aug 04,, 15:59.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                              X