Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bomb blasts rock Iraqi churches

Bomb blasts rock Iraqi churches

Bombs have gone off near four churches in the Iraqi capital and one in the northern city of Mosul, police say.
    The first occurred outside an Armenian church in central Baghdad. The next hour saw three more churches hit in what looks to be orchestrated attack.

At least two people are reported killed and more than 20 injured in what seems to be a new tactic by insurgents.

A blast was reported around the same time later in Mosul, where a police station was bombed earlier in the day.

Witnesses said a car bomb detonated outside an Armenian church as an evening service was getting under way.

It blew out stained glass windows, and scattered pieces of hot metal across the street. The wreckage of at least three burned out cars was left in its wake.

"I saw injured women and children and men, the church's glass shattered everywhere. There's glass all over the floor," Juliette Agob, who was inside the church at the time, was quoted by the Associated Press as saying.

Read more here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3526084.stm
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

All this upsets me immensely.

Unless the US gets the world into the act, things will get worse.

It is time that the US understands and sensitise itself to the 'feelings' of the remainder of the world. Most countries of the 'willing' are deserting the sinking ship, so to say.

US has now again heightended the alert. How long must the US citizens live in a state of fear and the world in uncertainity? It is time to scale down all the sermon from the Mount and get real. It is time that the US once again assumes leadership and not be an international pariah. This terrorism stuff, though real, must stop being an exercise of crying wolf! It will lose its meaning.

Why must good Americans, Iraqis and other keep dying? Why have we made that idiot Osma larger than life? After 9/11 he alone should have been targeted. We just cant go around stating everyone is an axis of evil. We are losing friends and international support.

If there was international support, the UN would have got involved. The UN was damned. Europe was damned as 'Old Europe'. If the US was a wee bit more sensitive, more countries would have sent troops. It would have cut down the burden on the US troops and its economy. More countries would have thus been committed. Now it is the US practically alone. Most supporters are quitting one by one.

What a blasted mess. And there is no exit policy except all this crap about making America secure when it is actually getting dangerous! Or else why have alerts going up and down? Am I to understand that the 'peace of mind' of the only superpower in the world is being dictated by a bunch of emaciated followers of 'Osama be in the Dustbin'? Am I to understand that some Isalmic fundmandentalists are calling the shots and the US reacting to a handful of idiots?

That's not how the world would like to view the US. Get the US to be a leader once again!
    Last edited by Ray; 01 Aug 04,, 20:05.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
      What a blasted mess. And there is no exit policy except all this crap about making America secure when it is actually getting dangerous! Or else why have alerts going up and down? Am I to understand that the 'peace of mind' of the only superpower in the world is being dictated by a bunch of emaciated followers of 'Osama be in the Dustbin'? Am I to understand that some Isalmic fundmandentalists are calling the shots and the US reacting to a handful of idiots?
      I wouldn't doubt it.

That's not how the world would like to view the US. Get the US to be a leader once again!

A good start would be killing a shit load more islamists.

Comment

This is just sick and this is getting out of hand ....

somebody stop these animals before its too late .... !!!

these arabs terrorists have to be dealt with .... !!!

Comment

They are not Islamists.

They(which DOES not mean all Moslems) are HUMAN POSTERIORS.
          Last edited by Ray; 03 Aug 04,, 21:15.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
            This terrorism stuff, though real, must stop being an exercise of crying wolf!
            Sadly, in this country there is no choice. If there is another terrorist attack, and the warning level is low, there will be political hell to pay.
            Originally posted by Ray
            They are not Islamists.
            Agreed, they are flat out evil.
            No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
            I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
            even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
            He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Working...
            X