new camo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new camo

have you guys seen the new camo the army has? my friend whos in the army was telling me about. its the digital print kind, except the use tan, light green, and gray. i saw a picture, its looks like urban camo, with a hint a green, but noetheless, way to light, i dont see how it blends with desert or woodland. also, he said the patches are velcroed on and there are zippers instead of buttons. and now they have tan non-shine boot, which looks pretty gay with the new uniform. i guess there changing cause its hard logistically to get every soldier each different print, so there justing using one for every scenario. overall, im not a fan.
    "I'm against picketting, but i dont know how to show it"

I agree, the new uniform is hideous.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper

hidous yet effective although something more people oriented would be nicer :)

Comment

Originally posted by jame$thegreat
        hidous yet effective although something more people oriented would be nicer :)
        Ladies and Gentleman
        the uniform in question. looks a little more Grey to me
        :: Edit After post :: LOL my sig and the uniform match
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Terran empire; 25 Nov 04,, 05:15.

Comment

i found some thing even weirder this is what the navy thats Right The US NAVY is trying out
          http://www.news.navy.mil/search/disp...story_id=15565
          Last edited by Terran empire; 25 Nov 04,, 23:13.

Comment

That camo looks ok, looks like a painters rag but i like it. However, nothing beats the tiger stripes of the vietnam era for coolness.

The colour scheme on the one in the big photo looks similar to a Pakistan type one ive seen before, a few years ago.

The boots will be better too, don't have to shine shine em so much, Australian troops have had em for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulG
              The boots will be better too, don't have to shine shine em so much, Australian troops have had em for a while now.
              so have US troops in the desert the thing is they would now be the standard from boot camp to the field save for cold weather as for the (ACU) uniform i like it's cut, pockets and features. the new collar is some thing i really like. the older uniforms collar looked good but was wide open to dust and dirt. I am not to sure about the camo my self

Comment

I don't see how one can camouflage in forest woodland or jungle with that uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by Franco Lolan
                  I don't see how one can camouflage in forest woodland or jungle with that uniform.

Its not about looking like 'bush' its about not having lines or one colour. you need to break up the image with no lines, i can understand it better than explaining it as you can see. Maybe some else will give it a try. The colour schems can vary tho depending on environment.

Comment

The main goal of camoflauge is to break up the silhouette of the wearer.

Provided the soldier remains still, this new uni should be quite effective, but that does not change the fact that it's hideously ugly... ;)

Comment

I used to play a LOT of paintball, it's interesting to see the differant camo patterns that exist. the new pattern looks like it may be based a little on some of the "speckle flauge" patterns that are commercialy available. the small broken up patterns make it hard to spot, and i would imagine considering how common lowlite is becoming the new paterns help fool electronic imaging devices.

BTW My favorite Camo is a Rhodesion, it look good and it's effective even in the thickets and pine forests of good ol' North Carolinia

Dragoon
                      Yes..,You have the right To Speak, however I have the right not to listen

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                        I imagine the terrorist think so too. Shame for many of them its the last thing thell ever see.
                        "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character. Our citizenship in any particular state is only our local distinction. By the latter we are known at home, by the former to the world. Our great title is AMERICANS…" -- Thomas Paine

Comment

Damned, I think the Chinese just developed the best urban cammo ever!
                          Attached Files

Comment

I saw 'em for the first time in person today. Our general (Army 2-star) came in with the Commandant of the Marine Corps for a briefing, and he and all his staff had 'em.

I tell ya guys, this looks good in person, and the new features are a definite improvement. I give it an 'Aye'.

(The Commandant told me to "Sit down". So, we have, like, a personal relationship now, a real connection, ya know? ;))

I think this is a great idea, and I wish we were gettin' 'em, too.

Mandarin collar - excellent idea.
                            Non-shine boots - excellent idea.
                            Rigger's belt - excellent idea.
                            Wash'n'wear - excellent idea.
                            Digital pattern - excellent idea.
                            Improved placement and angled pockets - excellent idea.

Some things I wish they'd re-attack, though:
                            Velcro deterioratees in field conditions, and will hold onto debris like hair, grass and dirt, as well as making noise against other rough surfaces. NO EXPOSED VELCRO!
                            Slip-in pouches for knee and elbow pads should be added.
                            'D' rings (aka, Froot Loops) made of cloth or parachute cord should be sewed on the blouse front.

This is definitely a "B+" uniform. A little more tweaking, and we can make it better and probably uglier, too. :)
                            Last edited by Bluesman; 02 Dec 04,, 00:31.

Comment

Officer of Engineers, thats off the hook! Hillarious.

Bluesman, where do you serve? what is your specialty?

Comment

Working...
                              X