Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fahrenheit 911 Debunked By 17 y/o Girl

Tubby Riefenstahl's Latest Propaganda Flick

I love it when people of my generation fight back against the liberal hordes

Comment

Originally posted by Lunatock
      “If you hamper the war effort of one side, you automatically help out that of the other. Nor is there any real way of remaining outside such a war as the present one. In practice, he that is not with me is against me.”
      Amen...
      No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
      I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
      even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
      He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

If I were american, I'd be rupublican ... no doubts about that!

Comment

After watching this movie, I feel the whole world is just a chess board and the players are the democrats and the Republicans.

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
            After watching this movie, I feel the whole world is just a chess board and the players are the democrats and the Republicans.
            "I'm also not very analytical. You know I don't spend a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do things."—G. W. Bush Aboard Air Force One, June 4, 2003

Good thing this isn't real chess. He'd be a pushover. lol
            "Security is an illusion. Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all."
            — Helen Keller

Comment

Originally posted by visioninthedark
              If I were american, I'd be rupublican ... no doubts about that!
              Can you please move to the US? That way we can have one more republican and one more vote for Bush

Comment

Originally posted by feynman
                Good thing this isn't real chess. He'd be a pushover. lol
                The only piece with any power in chess, is the one that is on the attack.
                I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
                  The only piece with any power in chess, is the one that is on the attack.
                  A piece can have positional power w/o being "on the attack". Positional power is fundamental to chess. But that wasn't my point. It's that he isn't the brightest bulb on the tree. In real chess, which is what i was refering to, if you can't think deeply...bye bye. Also, Bushisms are funny.
                  "Security is an illusion. Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all."
                  — Helen Keller

Comment

A piece can have positional power w/o being "on the attack".
                    You can't win without moving. One cannot check-mate one's self.
                    It's that he isn't the brightest bulb on the tree.
                    Who is? IMHO, really smart people aren't in politics, it doesn't pay enough and they have no private life.
                    if you can't think deeply...bye bye.
                    That doesn't mean the thought should take alot of time.
                    Also, Bushisms are funny.
                    Sure they are. I like all of the blooper type things. Not being a Republican or Democrat, I'm able to enjoy all of their goofy statements.

Comment

You can't win without moving. One cannot check-mate one's self.
                      Well of course. But if you are going to define attack so broadly, as any movement, there's no point in talking about it. However, defensive movement and offensive movement (which is what I meant by attack) are fundamentally different. Still, both involve positional power. That was my point about not only the attacking movements have power.

Who is? IMHO, really smart people aren't in politics, it doesn't pay enough and they have no private life.
                      Certaintly politics and chess are different which is why i repeatedly
                      said I was talking about chess. I agree...doesn't seem like there are a million bright people in politics. However, you must admit, if we are talking about intelligence, Bush is one of the least intelligent of any president we've ever had. Obviously this isn't the only quality you want in a leader...and you could debate exactly how important it is, yada yada, but it still is a factor since he has to make a lot of important decisions.

That doesn't mean the thought should take alot of time.
                      I'm not sure what this is refering to. I never attatched any temporal quality to deep thinking.

Sure they are. I like all of the blooper type things. Not being a Republican or Democrat, I'm able to enjoy all of their goofy statements.
                      I agree. I'm neither Republican nor Democrat either. I just want the best person for the job.
                      Last edited by feynman; 07 Aug 04,, 22:24.
                      — Helen Keller

Comment

Well of course. But if you are going to define attack so broadly,
                        Sorry, it's probably me. I hate chess, the lowliest piece can take any other just by moving first. It seems to me even the defencive moves in chess are agressive, or at least threaten agression. I see what you're saying though, hope my view is a little more clear too. ;)
                        Bush is one of the least intelligent of any president we've ever had.
                        I'm not sure about that. What is his IQ compared to others? Why is he dumber than Clinton, Bush 1, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, etc., etc.?
                        I'm not sure what this is refering to. I never attatched any temporal quality to deep thinking.
                        The quote you posted. ;)
                        I just want the best person for the job.
                        If that ever happens, I will be truly amazed. I don't see the right person for the job anywhere, and I would be willing to bet picking a random Social Security number and making them Prez would work out better than any of the choices presented. :)

Comment

If that ever happens, I will be truly amazed. I don't see the right person for the job anywhere, and I would be willing to bet picking a random Social Security number and making them Prez would work out better than any of the choices presented. :)
                          please dont be mine
                          Whoever is unjust let him be unjust still
                          Whoever is righteous let him be righteous still
                          Whoever is filthy let him be filthy still
                          Listen to the words long written down
                          When the man comes around- Johnny Cash

Comment

I'm not sure about that. What is his IQ compared to others? Why is he dumber than Clinton, Bush 1, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, etc., etc.?
                            Well, Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar (only 90 Rhodes Scholars are selected worldwide each year), Bush 1 I'm not making any claims
                            there...the apple doesnt fall far from the tree ;), Reagan...well whats
                            the difference what his IQ was when he was possibly ill during some of his presidency YIKES (that has been denied...but that wouldn't be a best thing to admit haha)! I've read some scary stories on that. Carter graduated in the top 10 percent of his class (Naval Accademy i believe). Nixon had an iq of 143.

Bush2...when he was at Andover he was an average student. He struggled in english and math and never made the honor roll. He got into Yale because of daddy. His grades were not good enough to earn him admission to the University of Texas Law School after his graduation from Yale.

Academic success/failure is by no means some absolute test of intelligence but there is a strong correlation. And of course there is also that gut feeling you get about his intelligence when you hear him speak lol But I won't use that as evidence :)

Hahaha. I hear that. Maybe I should change my sentence from best person for the job to the lesser of two evils. Probably would be closer to the truth.
                            — Helen Keller

Comment

Well, Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar (only 90 Rhodes Scholars are selected worldwide each year), Bush 1 I'm not making any claims
                              there...the apple doesnt fall far from the tree ;), Reagan...well whats
                              the difference what his IQ was when he was possibly ill during some of his presidency YIKES (that has been denied...but that wouldn't be a best thing to admit haha)! I've read some scary stories on that. Carter graduated in the top 10 percent of his class (Naval Accademy i believe). Nixon had an iq of 143.

Bush2...when he was at Andover he was an average student. He struggled in english and math and never made the honor roll. He got into Yale because of daddy. His grades were not good enough to earn him admission to the University of Texas Law School after his graduation from Yale.
                              Clinton lied under oath knowing he was going to get caught. Bush 1 and Reagan both made deals with really bad guys. Carter about flushed the country down the toilet. Ford couldn't walk straight without falling. The actual point is, depending on where you stand, Bush could be a genius, anyway, the other choice was Gore.

Comment

Working...
                              X