"Hindus do not have a place in Kazakhstan"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Hindus do not have a place in Kazakhstan"

The next move should be for the Kazakhs to ban ISKCON as a terrorist organisation. This would be justified and following the example set by the Indian government which frequently bans charities, political parties and various other organisation as 'terrorist' groups.

Indians would have no room to complain since they do the same in their own country to Sikh, Muslim and Christian groups.

Agree? Disagree?

Kazak authorities oppressing Hindus?
    By IANS
    Wednesday November 15, 02:43 PM

Moscow, Nov 15 (IANS) A cultural centre belonging to members of the International Society of Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) has been targeted for eviction by authorities in Kazakhstan.

The cultural centre called Palace of the Soul is currently being developed on the outskirts of Almaty, Kazakhstan.

According to ISKCON's website palaceofthesoul.com, the purpose of the project is to create a spiritual oasis and provide humanitarian assistance to the people.

The governor of Karasai district of Almaty, however, wants the court to evict the members of ISKCON from the site, according to ISKCON.

At a recent meeting held in Almaty and chaired by A.M. Muhkashov, the deputy director of the Kazakh government Religion Committee, the ISKCON delegation was told that Hindus do not have a place in Kazakhstan, the ISKCON website said.

Kazakhstan, the largest republic in Central Asia with a population of over 15 million, comprises over 130 ethnic groups who practice 40 religions.

Ethnic Russians, who are traditionally members of the Russian Orthodox Church, constitute around a third of the population while ethnic Kazakhs, who are Sunni Muslims, make up half.

ISKCON became a legally registered organisation under the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan in 1992, according to the website.

Even though they abide fully by Kazakhstan's laws, members of the commune have alleged that they have been repeatedly subjected to investigations during which police officials have stated their determination to expel the community.

According to the US State Department's 2005 International Religious Freedom report, the Kazakhstan government maintained a list of 73 minority religious groups that are protected under the constitution.

The same report said that several of the groups, including ISKCON, reported being vilified as a threat to society and national security by media agencies including government-controlled outlets.

In the past, several parliament members have made inflammatory official statements expressing suspicion of minority religions.

Last year, under the pretext of national security, several amendments were passed allowing the government to target minority religious groups and severely restrict religious freedom.

Now, representatives of ISKCON have taken the issue to the Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (OSCE/ODIHR). The advisory council is considering taking up the matter as a human rights issue, said the website.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/061115/43/69e92.html

Kazak authoruties can ban ISKON, it's after all their country but why would it be a Terrorist Organization
    Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

I thot Sacha Cohen was over reacting, but I guess he wasnt making it up after all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borat
      A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

IDCare they ban or whatever.
        I believe ISCKON shud setup its bases where there is a demand among the people.
        I havent ever been to ISCKON but some of my frnds went there and said its a nice place and lots of foreign followers do come.

Comment

Originally posted by KLF View Post
          Indians would have no room to complain since they do the same in their own country to Sikh, Muslim and Christian groups.
          lol, you still crying about Khalistan???

ok, now please before making that assertion, tell me a group that has been banned which did not operate under the terrorist wings??? I WISH India banned fanatics but sadly, we still have fanatic Muslim parties in power in some states, the "Hindutva" natak with the BJP and RSS, and not to mention, the extremist Khalistani elements that have been allowed to stay from the 80s... Simmu Bhaji, an example... and Christian fundoos that were banned??? errmm... couldn't think of any.... maybe u can expand on ure little BS there???

oh and btw, ISKCON can't even be compared to the fanatic fundoos like the extremist wing of RSS or the Khalistani fundoos...
          Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
          -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

The next move should be for the Kazakhs to ban ISKCON as a terrorist organisation. This would be justified and following the example set by the Indian government which frequently bans charities, political parties and various other organisation as 'terrorist' groups.

Agree? Disagree?
            HEY U KLF [KAMINE LIER ****ER] WHY U KEEP BRAGGING ABOUT KHALISTAN PUNJAB IS AN INTEGRAL PART OF INDIA & UR WET DREAMS OF KHALISTAN WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES..................

AS FAR AS ISCON IS CONSIDERED IT IS A PEACELOVING RELIGIOUS COMMUNITY INVOLVED IN GOOD WORKS

WHETHER IT WILL BE BANNED BY KAZAK GOV. IS THEIR INTERNAL PROBLEM .
            HOWEVER I FEAL THAT NOTHING OF THE SHORT WILL HAPPEN.............

JAI HIND................
            Attached Files
            sigpic

सत्यमेव जयते
            SATYAMEV JAYATE

Comment

Brr.. Brr.. I'm so scared!!
              I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

It would not be surprising if they ban your organisation KLF too!

But then you are so defunct that none notices or misses you! ;)

All you chaps can do it hit the internet and rant and whine like whipped simians!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

IMHO nothing against each other.
                  punit be cool as spetsnaz ;).

I believe nations having a "STAN" are kinda weird, i'm sorry but it seems ironic and creepy. "boo"

Comment

Agree? Disagree?
                    Pfffft...ISKCON?
                    Last edited by gilgamesh; 16 Nov 06,, 11:56.

Comment

ISKON is a CIA front as per the reports! ;)

The Communists are at work!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Nows a good time then ever to watch Borat:)

Comment

haha... Borat...
                          Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                          -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

just take over kahzakastan. india is strong enough to take over and i heared there is an indian airbase in tajikistan. well use that lol

Comment

KLF, You seem like the psychotic kind of guy. Why don't you go back to the hole you came from before the M15, FBI, CIA, CSIS and CBI come and get you.

Comment

Working...
                              X