Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the Militant Islamist know our power?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the Militant Islamist know our power?

I have been quite curious, do they know that we have the capability to kill a billion muslims in 40 minutes?

Do they not care, or are they completly ignorant?

They think (correctly, most likely) that it will never happen, regardless of if the US has the capability to do so.

Comment

I think if the US did kill a billion muslims in 40 minutes, that :-
      a) that would be a lot of martyrs - does heaven have enough virgins?
      b) the muslim extremists would feel vindicated in their actions as the mushroom clouds went up
      c) human hisotry would probably agree that the muslims were in fact correct

Might does not make the US right. Right makes them right.
      at

Comment

Originally posted by Trooth
        I think if the US did kill a billion muslims in 40 minutes, that :-
        a) that would be a lot of martyrs - does heaven have enough virgins?
        b) the muslim extremists would feel vindicated in their actions as the mushroom clouds went up
        c) human hisotry would probably agree that the muslims were in fact correct

Might does not make the US right. Right makes them right.
        I happen to agree with Trooth on this one, plus the world would probably end if we nuked them (as Pakistan has nukes).

Comment

History is written by the victors.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
            I happen to agree with Trooth on this one, plus the world would probably end if we nuked them (as Pakistan has nukes).
            Having nukes is not adequate. One must have the long range delivery capability either through ICBMs or SLBMs.
            US, Russia and to some extent China has the capability. Others don't have it as yet.
            Lest misunderstood, I am not advocating nuking all Moslems. That's genocide! And not all of them are rabid radicals.
            Last edited by Ray; 24 Jul 04,, 03:59.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Praxus
              History is written by the victors.
              Stop trolling Praxus, this i patently a nonsense thread.
              at

Comment

Trooth,

Nice to see you back.

So you have discovered Praxus' hidden talent? Great.

However, I look at it slightly differently. He needles so that a greater discussion with a whole lot of fun is generated. ;)

Notwithstanding, the bareboned analysis of the statement that history is written by victors would not be wrong. After each war, the victors' interpretation is the 'correct one'.

Raja Khan feels that the terrorists in Iraq is a nationalist uprising, but I am sure 'history' would not agree. Nationalism or no nationalism, everyone is suffering because of religious dogmatism and the rather ridiculous interpretation that dying for Islam would lead you straight to Heaven, irrespective that you have been a scoundrel and a blackguard on earth! I find that there is some mention on this forum that you also find virigins in Heaven. I maybe wrong, but then because I haven't seen Heaven and none who wrote all this God's edict had seen Heaven, I don't believe a word of it. It is just a ploy to egg folks to do stupid acts which only perpetuate the supremacy of the one advocating such a theory! Be it the priest or the orginal psyops man who propounded that theory!
                Last edited by Ray; 24 Jul 04,, 09:57.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                  At least he isn't an arrogant curry-eating sack of shit like you.

Comment

I asked a legitiment question, do they undestand that if they use nuclear weapons or Biological or Chemical weapons or attack in another significant way, that we will respond in kind and can do one hell of a lot more damage then they can?

Stop trolling Praxus, this i patently a nonsense thread.
                    Obviously I believe history is objective, it doesn't matter who writes it. What actually happened, actually happened regaurdless of anyones spin on it. My point was simply that history (because it is written by the victors) would look vavribly on us.
                    Last edited by Praxus; 24 Jul 04,, 15:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                      Trooth,

Nice to see you back.
                      Cheers Matey.

However, I look at it slightly differently. He needles so that a greater discussion with a whole lot of fun is generated. ;)
                      Trolling is trolling. It wastes valuable time, intelectual effort, causes unnecessary agro (see MG's stupidity for example) and weastes bandwidth.

Trolling is not "playing the devil's advocate" which is a useful debating tool.

Notwithstanding, the bareboned analysis of the statement that history is written by victors would not be wrong. After each war, the victors' interpretation is the 'correct one'.
                      History being written by the victors is somewhat platitudenal. Clearly people who are dead, in prison or on the run are, generally speaking, not able to write their views of history. However history is always revised (this is not the same as revisionist history which is often an attempt to distort the past in favour of the present) as more research and information is available. There are countless examples of this (look at the UK's role in India or, if we want to saty with "Indians" the conquest of the western US as examples where the victors moved on and history opened up.

However if it comes to killing a billion people, and then watching the world descend into nuclear winters (or simply retaliatory armageddon) then clearly there is no victor (hence the platitudenal nature of the statement in this context) and clearly the US leadership would have surpassed all of the despot in history by an order of magnitude in the killing league tables.

Raja Khan feels that the terrorists in Iraq is a nationalist uprising, but I am sure 'history' would not agree. Nationalism or no nationalism, everyone is suffering because of religious dogmatism and the rather ridiculous interpretation that dying for Islam would lead you straight to Heaven, irrespective that you have been a scoundrel and a blackguard on earth! I find that there is some mention on this forum that you also find virigins in Heaven. I maybe wrong, but then because I haven't seen Heaven and none who wrote all this God's edict had seen Heaven, I don't believe a word of it. It is just a ploy to egg folks to do stupid acts which only perpetuate the supremacy of the one advocating such a theory! Be it the priest or the orginal psyops man who propounded that theory!
                      Most "ways of life" have within them the concept that dying for beliefs is noble and honourable. Where i think the difference with militant islam is from some (but not all) belief systems is that it can be used to justify killing people as honourable and noble way of supporting their beliefs. I am not an expert on such teachings.

However it is not new that groups of people have convinced themselves that the only possible way forward is to murder other peoples who do not share their viewpoint, and it isn't specificaly tied to religion (its been economic, resource, land, water etc etc and always will be).

The reality is why is such a viewpoiint so attractive to the people? What does it offer that is more attractive than, well, not killing people? That for me is the crux of this "conflict". I also think both sides like to whip themselves up into a frenzy of hyperbole and i am curious as to their motives.

The question fo virgins i think comes from the warrior caste (forgive me if this is wrong) mentally. The idea of the hero warrior dying for his cause, but smiting the infidel and thus being worshipped with all that the good things in life offer (i.e. in the warrior mentality the continued ideal of strength, domination etc). And hey 20 virgins fits that picture. Also, often those being sent to martyrdom are - to coin a US expression regarding soldiers - "young, dumb and full of cum", so virgins fit the bill there too.
                      at

Comment

Originally posted by Praxus
                        I asked a legitiment question, do they undestand that if they use nuclear weapons or Biological or Chemical weapons or attack in another significant way, that we will respond in kind and can do one hell of a lot more damage then they can?

Obviously I believe history is objective, it doesn't matter who writes it. What actually happened, actually happened regaurdless of anyones spin on it. My point was simply that history (because it is written by the victors) would look vavribly on us.
                        OK, fair enough. However see my post above. If you unleash ultimate armageddon i think at best you have a pyrric victory. At worst no one is left standing (apart form a few in bunkers).

Even so, for the cause and effect part of history to look favourably on the US it the attack would have to be in the scale of millions. Because the retaliation will have led to the deaths of huge numbers of US citizens as well.
                        at

Comment

Which again is why nuclear attacks are almost always never in our self-interest.

Comment

Praxus,

Nice to read your post. You are kind.

Curry eating? No, I also regularly eat the bland stuff that you eat too. Not the McDonald stuff but the so called gourment stuff.

Sackful of shit? Wonderful to know that you have beaten the human system in that you do not have to go to the toilet in the morning! Physiologically, the waste which you call 'shit' requires disposal through natural process. :)

I reckon the only folks who would like a 'disposal free' biological system would be the astronauts. Glad to know you have returned to earth. :)

Last post by me on this subject. Sad that you couldn't stand some leg pulling. My apolgies. I still think you are otherwise a great chap.

Be happy; and that is not an arrogant a statement, please.

As far as being 'arrogant', if one stands his ground rightly or wrongly, I don't think that one should feel that is being arrogant.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Trooth,

In so far as history being written by victors, I read a book by EH Carr 'International relations between the two World wars 1919 =1939. EH Carr was a Fellow at Trinity College.

He traces the cause of World War II and the inequality of WWI which lead to it. He, I believe, was one of the pioneers to re-look at history of the WWs!

I could quote many incidents in history that have been shaped as the 'truth' by the victors, but that would be rather sensitive a topic leading to unecessary bad blood.

However, if you feel otherwise, it is OK.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                              X