Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Vietnam and other war criminals are going to face justice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Vietnam and other war criminals are going to face justice?

I am not an american, I am from Serbia and Montenegro.

I agree with everithing that american government tell, and telling us for last 50 years, we have to fight for free world, we have to fight against terorism, we have to hand over war criminals to inernational court, we have to prosecute and punish war criminals. But it is only, we, never U.S.

Why U.S soldiers and oficers had better tretmant in fromnt of justice than soldiers of some smaller countries. Isn't it so double standard that U.S ask others to cooperate with war crime courte in Hagu but U.S itself does not whant to cooperate with that court.

Isn't it double standard that U.S ask us to prosecute our war criminals and on the other heand for example people responsible for Mai Lai Masacre (350 older civilians, 150 children under 7 y.o) are free, only one of 18 murderer server 3 and a half year of prison other served army and left with all medals and were never punished. Not tu mention thousands of killed civilians between 1967-1971, You even have testemony of soldiers about killings.

Not even you never prosecute your war criminals for crimes like Mai Lai masacre, even more soldiers that comited massacres and killing are still in 2004 giving intervews where they without fear of been captured and prosecuted speak how they killed and massacred people.

In case I like Serb give such interview and describe how I killed civilians I would probably be in jail, but when american soldiers speak like that than they have special tretmant.

So my question is when we are going to se U.S folowing the same ruls that tells others to folow.

Originally posted by Alex82
    U.S ask others to cooperate with war crime courte in Hagu but U.S itself does not whant to cooperate with that court.
    Last I heard, the US was asking countries not to join.
    Not even you never prosecute your war criminals for crimes
    You can't say never, there are people being prosecuted now. Just because we don't use anyone else's court, doesn't mean all these criminals get away.
    So my question is when we are going to se U.S folowing the same ruls that tells others to folow.
    I doubt it ever will. I doubt any country will ever live the way it tells others to live. Not mine and not yours.
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999

You can't say never, there are people being prosecuted now. Just because we don't use anyone else's court, doesn't mean all these criminals get away.

I doubt it ever will. I doubt any country will ever live the way it tells others to live. Not mine and not yours.

Totaly right, you prosecute war criminalas now, but those are small cases torture and thinkg like that, BIG PLAYERS are still free like 18 members of tiger division responsible for many masacres including Mai Lai, commander od 101 Airbone Division in Vietnam...... Those few guys that you sand in jail for torturing in Abu Graib are just small fishes and those are small crimes compared to past crimes.

Comment

First of all, there's no evidence that would stand up in a court of law to convict the men you're accusing.

Second, welcome to the real world. The Americans didn't lose (they gave up which is a difference) their wars. You've lost yours.

Never mind the Americans. No one is prosecuting the Russians for Afghanistan and Chechnya. The Chinese in Tibet ain't going anywhere near the Haque. No one is dragging Hanoi into the ICJ for the Boat People.

Comment

As a Serb, I reckon he has some reasons to feel a trifle peeved.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Clinton, Clark and the rest of the pro-muslim lobby are huge traitors!

Long live Serbia-Montenegro! I sympathize your cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
              First of all, there's no evidence that would stand up in a court of law to convict the men you're accusing.
              If taped confession can be considered evidence they I would say there is evidence. I watch this on ABC evening news a Tiger Force member was openly confessing how he nad his group massacred the civilians in villages including women and children in Vietnam. They didn't even spare the livestock. Ofcourse neither him nor his fellow crew members have ever been prosecuted for their war crimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
                I have never heard that! I know that US wants exemption for its soldiers but I don't think USA has been advocating the same for other countries too.

In fact US recently dropped the idea of sponsering such a bill in UN which would exempt its soldier from international court juridiction, since it did not have the requisite vote for the passage of the bill.

Comment

When Vietnam and other war criminals are going to face justice?
                  When are the Viet Cong and NVA going to face justice for their atrocities? which occured on a way more frequent level then we commited war crimes.

Comment

Originally posted by turnagainarm
                    If taped confession can be considered evidence they I would say there is evidence. I watch this on ABC evening news a Tiger Force member was openly confessing how he nad his group massacred the civilians in villages including women and children in Vietnam. They didn't even spare the livestock. Ofcourse neither him nor his fellow crew members have ever been prosecuted for their war crimes.
                    By itself, no, it's not enough. He could be lying. You need other evidence to collaborate.

Comment

victors are never war criminals.If so the greatest has to be president truman who ordered the only nuclear attacks in human history so far.

Comment

So according to your logic, you are a war crimanal no matter what side you are on?

Do you agree with this?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
                          When are the Viet Cong and NVA going to face justice for their atrocities? which occured on a way more frequent level then we commited war crimes.
                          Good question, but also irrelevant to the discussion. That fact that some VC/NVA forces committed what could be construed as war crimes, does not diminish the relevance of a possibly smaller number of war crimes committed by U.S. forces. Since America then, and now, was supposed to be against such acts, one would think they would have gone to great lengths to rectify the problem.

Originally posted by Praxus
                          you are a war crimanal no matter what side you are on?
                          Possibly, though history may not view you that way. I suppose you could narrow the definition of war crimes to include only those acts committed by the losing side of the conflict. Obviously, the victor in any conflict has little motivation to bring up possible war crimes committed by its own forces, and the loser will rarely have the ability to enforce any charges on its own. The victor would be very motivated to pursue those on the losing side it considered guilty of war crimes.

Comment

Academically speaking and with no offence intended. Rarely have victors been prosecuted for war crimes?

I am sure there must have been cases including Vietnam. If I remember correctly, some folks were court martialled for Mai Lai.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

As long there has been wars there has been war criminals and actrocities been made. No matter how professional your army is there will always be some individuals who don't care about what they shoot at. Best example of actrocities was the USSR-germany conflicts during WW2, neither side cared for what they did to eachother, Hitler and Stalin just encouraged their troops to war crimes, the more murders, rapes and pillaging the better.

Comment

Working...
                              X