Federal probe targets Clinton's national security adviser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal probe targets Clinton's national security adviser

In his statement, Berger said that "when I was informed by the Archives there were documents missing, I immediately returned everything I had, except for a few documents that apparently I had accidentally discarded."
    he knowingly removed handwritten notes he made while reading classified anti-terror documents at the archives by sticking them in his jacket, pants and socks.
    WASHINGTON – In a blockbuster revelation that may prove to be the most shocking scandal of the Clinton administration, former National Security Adviser Sandy Berger is under criminal investigation for pocketing highly classified terrorism documents prior to the Sept. 11 Commission hearings.

Berger is the focus of a Justice Department investigation for removing the documents and handwritten notes from a secure reading room, the Associated Press is reporting. He has been serving as a national security adviser to John Kerry's campaign.

FBI agents searched Berger's home and office after he voluntarily returned some documents to the National Archives. However, AP reports, still missing are some drafts of a sensitive after-action report on the Clinton administration's handling of al-Qaida terror threats during the December 1999 millennium celebration.

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=39535

http://cnn.law.printthis.clickabilit...partnerID=2013

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,126249,00.html

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...9/203219.shtml

Note: If you are looking for this article in the NY Times, LA Times or Washington Post, good luck, it is either buried or non-existent. Imagine Condoleezza Rice doing this? These papers would be going nuts!

Originally posted by mtnbiker
    Note: If you are looking for this article in the NY Times, LA Times or Washington Post, good luck, it is either buried or non-existent. Imagine Condoleezza Rice doing this? These papers would be going nuts!
    Could that possibly be because those are liberal newspaper unwilling to admit wrong by a democrat or an advisor to Kerry?

Comment

The Slick Willy & Hitlery flunkie already has his own handle. Sandy Bergler.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunatock
        Sandy Bergler.
        LOL!
        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
          LOL!
          :) nice one

Comment

Archives Officials Stunned by Scope of Berger Theft

Officials at the National Archives were stunned to learn how much top secret material Clinton National Security Advisor Sandy Berger had purloined from a super-secure reading room set up for the 9/11 Commission probe - when Berger returned documents last fall that they didn't even know he'd taken.

"Sources tell us that Archives staff noticed documents missing after one of Mr. Berger's visits," reports Wednesday's Wall Street Journal. "After gently raising the issue with him, they were shocked to have him return other documents they hadn't even noticed missing."

The next time Mr. Berger went to the Archives, the documents he was given were all marked - and he apparently pilfered those as well.
            Over five visits to the Archives on three separate dates, Berger removed up to six copies of an after-action report on the Millennium bomb plot,
            which was said to be highly critical of the Clinton administration's counterterrorism failures.

At 15 pages per copy, Berger would have taken up to 90 pages of Millennium reports alone - a quantity of material that defies his explanation that he "inadvertently" lifted the papers. Some of the documents were later destroyed, Berger admitted on Monday.

It's not clear whether the Archives kept a full and accurate inventory of the material made available to 9/11 witnesses such as Berger. But the admission by Archives officials that he took documents they didn't even know they had suggests it may be impossible to determine what material has been lost or destroyed.

Comment

Isn't this the second time one of Clinton's boys was caught pilfering important/secret documents?
              I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
              even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
              He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Yes, John Deutsch, a big wig in the CIA during the Clinton Administration was found to have "mishandled" classified information.

Comment

Yes, John Deutsch, a big wig in the CIA during the Clinton Administration was found to have "mishandled" classified information.
                  I thought there was.

I heard this Berger scandal referred to as "Trousergate" the other day. :)

Comment

Didn't Shrillary also pluck a few documents one time?

Comment

If I recall correctly, her deal was, documents from the Rose law firm that were subpoena but they could never find them. Then two years later they were "found" on a desk(her desk?) in an office that was used every day. Her finger prints were all over them.

Researched: JANUARY 4,1996 Hillary Clinton's Rose Law Firm billing records are found on a table in the White House residence book room after two years.
                      Last edited by mtnbiker; 22 Jul 04,, 21:58.

Comment

BTW, all politicians and their cronies are a bunch of crooks.

Threee ex US soldiers on a self proclaimed 'vendetta' have been nabbed in Afghanistan. It was on the BBC News yesterday as also CNN.

The US Administration has denied any connections. They claim that they were being directed to act the way they did directly from Rumsfeld Office and Pentagon!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                          BTW, all politicians and their cronies are a bunch of crooks.
                          Sounds reasonable to me.
                          Originally posted by Ray
                          They claim that they were being directed to act the way they did directly from Rumsfeld Office and Pentagon!
                          That's what I would say too, "but, he told me to do it".

Comment

Working...
                          X