Wild story!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild story!

Yeah I just heard the wildest story of the year, this was in another forum and here it is :) . Some dude told that when he was in army if someone asked real nicely from the leading officer of the unit about taking personal assault rifle back home when going on holiday they could get permission for it Think about it! fully automatic weapon, 2 bottles of booze and couple of full magazines that's the most likely scenario that would happen. I know this sounds ridiculous but that's what I heard and I don't think any decent military unit anywhere in the world will let someone take automatic weapon away from the military area. As I thought about it I remebered that from the dozen times we went to holidays only once were our personal belongings checked, one time so I figured if I could have smuggled a machine gun out, it could have been stripped into small enough parts to stuff it into my bag but they were kept in a special armory room with motion detectors.
    Anyone else have heard such crazy stories?

Doesn't sound so crazy here. One USMC grunt mentioned being able to check weapons out over the weekend. As long as you had the proper permit(s) it wouldn't have been a big deal to take an M-16, Mossberg, or maybe even a SAW to a range and unload some rounds.

Comment

I know that In the IDF, if you've gone to the range and qualified, you can draw a gun for the weekend, or whenever. Works great with the chix ;)
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86
        Works great with the chix ;)

WHat, to scare them away?

Comment

Originally posted by s_qwert63
          Lol :) it most certainly will

Comment

Originally posted by s_qwert63
            Some people just like them stonecold ;)

Comment

Nah, the chix like the gun. Somethin to do with havin power, and lookin damn sexy in uniform...
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Something to do with having power :) try the chix in full combat gear

Comment

I have. I see them all the time. It ain't fair that the IAF get's the hottest chicks...

Comment

Mmmmm... Women in kevlar with guns...
                    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
                      Mmmmm... Women in kevlar with guns...
                      That's bad news, you can call me an asshole but I dont think women should be allowed in the army...or how should I put this, atleast not in the front line force anyway. Its not that women couldn't do the same job as men but I just dont want to see them get hurt, you know been blown up by landmines or getting shot at, that's my opinion.

Comment

I frankly don't care what they do, as long as they don't meddle with Europe I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by Fury
                          That's bad news, you can call me an asshole but I dont think women should be allowed in the army...or how should I put this, atleast not in the front line force anyway. Its not that women couldn't do the same job as men but I just dont want to see them get hurt, you know been blown up by landmines or getting shot at, that's my opinion.
                          That doesn't make you an a**hole. I, on the other hand, think people should be allowed to do what they want. If a woman wants front line, and she can do the job, give it to her. Anyway, my comment was based on my attraction for women in bulletproof vests, carring guns, they don't have to military. For example, there was this cute little armored car driving lady I dated in my youth... ;)
                          No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                          I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                          even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                          He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Working...
                          X