Iraqis with russian ATGMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iraqis with russian ATGMs

Couple of months ago I read an interesting article, it said that iraqis have destroyed three maybe even five M1A2 Abrams MBTs with a russian made Kornet-E anti-tank missile. The missile is said to have 4km effective range and 1200mm of armor penetration capability. The article didn't say where these tanks were destroyed or how far away from. The most interesting part of that article was that Ukraine was the country that sold those missiles to Iraq but later denying the whole thing.
    So is this true or complete bs?

Nah I remember news reports from the time (These being from the BBC and Australia's SBS, since there is no more free press in the USA) occasionally saying that US MBTs, IFVs and other vehicles had been destroyed by ATGW, but I don't think it was too many. Still, it shows what someone like the Serbian army could have done to allied forces with such weapons.

Comment

One of the "Lessons of the war" was that no Kornets were detected. All USA tanks were KOed with RPGs.
      The Earth is degenerating today. Bribery and corruption abound. Children no
      longer obey their parents, every man wants to write a book, and it is evident
      that the end of the world is fast approaching." Assyrian tablet, c. 2800 BC

Comment

Working...
      X