"JSF" F-35 v SU-30MKI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "JSF" F-35 v SU-30MKI

With the US, UK, Netherlands, Australia, Singapore....and others....looking to replace their aging F-14, F-16, F/A-18 varients, how will the F-35 compare against the SU-30MKI?

The F-35 is primarily intended is an air 2 ground platform, though it appears it will be very agile with tremendous acceleration.

The F-35C will have the tightest turn rates, the F-35A will have the best climb/dive rates.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
      The F-35 is primarily intended is an air 2 ground platform, though it appears it will be very agile with tremendous acceleration.

The F-35C will have the tightest turn rates, the F-35A will have the best climb/dive rates.
      With those attributes in mind, what kind of Air-to-Air fighter will the F-35 be?
      I mean, will it be equipped with AMRAAM? Can it hold it's own against say, an F-16 or F-18?
      Oh and when in the hell with the AIM-9X Sidewinder be deployed??
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

It is supperior to the F-16 and the F/A-18.

Comment

Originally posted by Praxus
          It is supperior to the F-16 and the F/A-18.
          OK, but is it superier to the SU-30?

Comment

It has some advantages in BVR, but I don't know if I would call the JSF overall supperior to the Su-30MKI.

Comment

Originally posted by Praxus
              It has some advantages in BVR, but I don't know if I would call the JSF overall supperior to the Su-30MKI.
              You mean superior right?
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Oh excuse me;)

Comment

It's all a matter of tactics, support, and employment.

You could make F-4Es armed with AMRAAM effective against SU-30MkIs(BVR) if you have good pilots, AWACS, jamming, and good tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                    It's all a matter of tactics, support, and employment.

You could make F-4Es armed with AMRAAM effective against SU-30MkIs(BVR) if you have good pilots, AWACS, jamming, and good tactics.
                    yeeeee, but most effective you would need is a stupid/untrained pilot in Su-30MKI, then AMRAAM is redundunt you would shoot him with a pistol through open windonw....

in general I agree - not a proper comparison. JSF is more a strike weapon, though with suprisingly low payload. It would't be smart to put this lighter and shorter range jet against Flanker whose basic role is domination and then some additional attacke abilities. May be you want to compare it with Mig 29? Yes it is better agains most of old unupgraded Mig 29.....

Comment

JSF will supposedly outturn, outclimb, and out accelerate an F-16C50 Big Mouth inlet Viper, so it should be quite a capable little dogfighter, but that's not it's primary role.

With AMRAAM and it's low RCS, i'd hate to be in a Flanker taking on JSFs BVR.

Comment

1. Will teh F35 have TVC??..
                        2. And is tehre any info about the radar ranges of F35 ?..
                        3. i think we should conside what missiles will MKI be armed with when F35 enters production.. and what F35 will carry then and then do the comaprision..
                        Like definitely a Mki with a R77 cant stand against with the missiles F35 may have when it enters production..

Comment

Frankly if indians can incorporate in MKI production versions the technologies that are developed for PAK-FA then MKI might be able to do a formidable damage against F35.The whole advantage of F35 shall be its avionics and technologies and not the airframe.And avionics of something coming out of US in 2010 cant really be compared with Avionics of a present day fighter and thats what makes F35 very lethal.

For US f35s big brother shall be handling most of the air combat job and F35 shall come after the airspace has been taken over or teh defences are reduced to a considerable damage.

Furthermore i think we should be comparing PAK-FA and F35 instead of MKi with F35.

Comment

Working...
                          X