X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerry veep choice may come next week

Kerry veep choice may come next week

Source: Edwards, Gephardt, Vilsack on list

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. John Kerry may reveal his choice for running mate early next week, a Democratic source said Thursday.

The Democratic presidential hopeful's campaign has asked at least three Democrats on his short list for the job of vice president for detailed contact information and told each to be ready "as early as Tuesday" to join the senator from Massachusetts for campaign events and a fund-raiser next Thursday or Friday, the source said.

Known to have been contacted are Sen. John Edwards of North Carolina, Rep. Richard Gephardt of Missouri and Iowa Gov. Tom Vilsack, though others may have also been contacted, too, the source said.

The Kerry campaign has a staff of 12 to 15 people ready to work for a running mate, including a chief of staff and communications director, Democratic sources said.

As of Wednesday, the campaign said it had raised more than $175 million -- $100 million of that from individual donations of $100 or less. More than $30 million was raised in June alone.

That represents the most money ever raised by any challenger, Democrat or Republican. And, with the exception of President Bush, it's the most money any presidential candidate has ever raised, the campaign said.

Read the rest here:
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...eep/index.html
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Who will it be?
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Saddam Hussain.

Comment

Whoever it is, it has to come soon. IMO it will be either Hillary Clinton or John Edwards.

Man John Kerry cant even choose a VP, shows what an idiot he is. Hes probably chaged his mind on his VP 10 times already lmao :)

Comment

It was John Edwards, imagine my surprise when I found out it wan't the psychic one.
          No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
          I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
          even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
          He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Working...
          X