Enter the X-Men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enter the X-Men

A CRACK squad of battle-hardened “X-Men” has been formed to spearhead Britain’s fight against terror.

The top-secret team is made up of volunteers from the SAS and the SBS who have all seen active service in the Gulf and Afghanistan.

It is known as X Squadron and is led by a highly-decorated SBS officer and an SAS captain. The group, based at Poole, Dorset, began training three weeks ago and will be on 24-hour worldwide alert.

It is understood to be the first phase of an expansion of Britain’s Special Forces ordered by the Government because of an increased threat to national security.

A military source revealed last night: “These guys have already been dubbed X-Men. They are all volunteers who have agreed to put aside the age-old rivalries that have existed between the SAS and the SBS.
    _______
    They're for real, dudes. ;)

Story

the pics a fake.. and I dunno... if it were true we wouldnt hear anything about it.....

Comment

Originally posted by Fireworxx
      the pics a fake.. and I dunno... if it were true we wouldnt hear anything about it.....
      I'm skeptical as well. This may be real, but it just seems rediculous.

I would think that a basic soldier is more than enough to eliminate terrorists when the need arises. Terrorists are poorly trained and equipped, so I feel that your average, ordinary soldier is overkill when it comes to actual combat should the two ever meet.

These pansies need to wear masks and fight helpless victims, I don't think we need to go Chuck Norris and sick Delta Force on them.

If any secret orginization were to assist in dealing with them, you would think they would be plain clothed people working from the inside gaining intel and whatnot to assist in dealing with terrorists.

I'm assuming by now most of the allied veterans of the Gulf are well-trained in fighting house to house type senarios(which is where I feel most combat against terrorism will occur, since they are too weak and scared to meet us on a real battlefield). If anything, this program the Brits have should be a test for new equipment that all who fight the good fight should/could be wearing in the future.

Comment

If it was true why would they release this info? Then again, we addmitted to the public about Delta Force, and USMC Force X or w/e the marine spec ops are called.

Comment

Working...
        X