Chinese DF31/DF-31A ICBMs are confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese DF31/DF-31A ICBMs are confirmed

Just got an article from official Xinhua news agency published in a magazine, which confirms the existence of the DF-31 and DF-31A ICBMs.

It says that the DF-31 and DF-31A ICBM solid fuel engins are manufacuted in factory 7103, located in Shanxi province, wiht 3000 employees.

Also the article mentions that in early 2003, a new type ICBM was tested in success, with MIRV capability, since it clearly said that multiple warheads hit targets accurately. I doubt it is DF-41 ICBM.

The article says the new ICBM's solid fuel engin started its development on May 16, 1998 in this factory, after successfully development and manufacutre of DF-31/31A ICBMs. Technologies used on DF-31/31A were transfered to the new missle.

The requirement for this ICBM solid fuel engin is low-angle fast launch, no range and other detail information are provided.
    Last edited by cateyes; 29 Jun 04,, 17:49.

According to an article from today's PLA News(June 29, 04), describing the 2AC's engineering units, one unit started to work on some project in July, 2002 in Tibet. The place is 12,000 foot above sea level.

The article mentions road and tunnel construction. Also mentined is that segments of this unit are distributed to work on different projects in all places of the country, in battalion and company forms. And in some places the soldiers can not get mail for 30 days.

Very interesting.

Comment

factory 7103

Comment

Ok, I've digged out.

The vice chief engineer for the new type ICBM's solid fuel engin development is this guy:

Source from: Space News of China, the official newspaper of China's space industry conglomeration.

http://www.china-spacenews.com/News/...il.asp?id=7907

The gentalman's background introduction mentions the ICBM's test in 2003, and project's starting time, all matched to the Xinhua news.

This is called military intelligence.

Comment

You said its deployed, none of your sources seem to confirm it! We all know it was tested, but were the tests satisfactory? was it deployed?
          A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
            You said its deployed, none of your sources seem to confirm it! We all know it was tested, but were the tests satisfactory? was it deployed?
            The test is for a new type ICBM, not DF-31/31A.

Its development started after the DF31/31A's manufacutre, read the stuff carefully.

Comment

You, little boy, don't know a thing.

Comment

I'm not willing to believe China about much of anything.
                No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

seldomly does it hurt to overestimate: underestimation usually has disastrous consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                    You, little boy, don't know a thing.
                    sounds fairly arrogant. anyway, tell me what you, as a "long term PLA watcher" *g* know about this topic.
                    No matter how the next war ends, the following one will be fought with sticks and stones.
                    (Albert Einstein)

Comment

Originally posted by xxxxx
                      sounds fairly arrogant. anyway, tell me what you, as a "long term PLA watcher" *g* know about this topic.
                      I know what I don't know.

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/sho...7&postcount=35

Comment

DF-31A Lauching

Comment

Nice test.

Comment

Working...
                          X