WW2 SMG's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW2 SMG's

which of the 3 was the best of ww2?? i would choose the tompson for knock down power, the MP40 is cheap and easy to make light and accurate, PPSH was also easy to produce was cheap not exactly accurate realy durable had a 900 round per minute fireing rate and carried a drum mag. of 71 rounds.
    Thompson
    38.82%
    MP40
    16.47%
    PPSH
    41.18%
    Sten MK.1
    3.53%
    Dont change fact...
    Scincerely, Napoleon

Originally posted by RUSKIE
    which of the 3 was the best of ww2?? i would choose the tompson for knock down power, the MP40 is cheap and easy to make light and accurate, PPSH was also easy to produce was cheap not exactly accurate realy durable had a 900 round per minute fireing rate and carried a drum mag. of 71 rounds.
    I choose Shpagin. Accuracy isn't the main characteristic of SMG, imho, in other aspects it's superior.

Comment

The Thompson SMG is a legendary weapon, and for good reason.

They were/are extremely expensive and labor intensive weapons to make though.

Comment

The Browning Automatic Rifle wasn't a choice?

Comment

Originally posted by Lunatock
          The Browning Automatic Rifle wasn't a choice?
          'Tock, I would classify the BAR as an LMG

Heres my list:

1) Tommy Gun
          2) PPSH
          3) MP40

Comment

Personally I voted for the PPSh-41. It was a very nice fit to it's intended role, theatre of war, and intended users. (not to mention intended victims).
            Not to say that I don't like the MP-40 or the Thompson of course!
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I voted PPSH because when playing Call of Duty having a weapon with such a large clip of ammo made life alot easier ;)

Comment

The Thompson is so vastly superior a weapon wrt the PPSH-41 it amazes me to see anyone voting for it.

Has anyone here besides me ever handled a PPSH?

Piece of junk, along with the M-4 Grease Gun, Sten, and Mac-10.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                  The Thompson is so vastly superior a weapon wrt the PPSH-41 it amazes me to see anyone voting for it.

Has anyone here besides me ever handled a PPSH?

Piece of junk, along with the M-4 Grease Gun, Sten, and Mac-10.

So tell us, from your vast experience with the PPSh, what is so bad about it?

Comment

Why isn't the Konepistooli m/31 "Suomi" listed?? It was probably the best WWII sub-machinegun! Surely if you'd ask me. After that I'd say the Pistolet-Pulemet Shpagina model 1941 (PPSh-41)

So I voted for the PPSh-41.

Comment

Originally posted by Se7eN
                      I voted PPSH because when playing Call of Duty having a weapon with such a large clip of ammo made life alot easier ;)
                      I can certinly relate to that, espically on the Harbor Map, lol being up in that building overlooking the tunnel mowing people down lol.

Comment

btw, the best SMG was probably the Hungaruan Danuvia 43M.

Comment

Do you have images and specifications on it?

Comment

The PPSH was made from stamped, loose-fitting, low grade steel, as were the M-4, Sten, Mac-10, et al.

The M-1927 Thompson is hand fitted, milled, high quality steel, with high quality furniture.

Shooting the 2 side by side would be very revealing for anyone who has not done so. The Thompson has about double the range, twice as tight a shot group, and it fires a far more powerful cartridge.

The Thompson also takes a 50rd drum magazine as well as the more common stick mag.

So tell me Squirt, in your vast experience, how is the PPSH better?

Smartmouthed jackass.
                            Last edited by Bill; 07 Jul 04,, 23:44.

Comment

The only 43M i'm aware of that's of WWII era is the 43M 75mm gun used on some Hungarian tanks.

Danuvia did make an 8mm LMG, is that what you are referring to?

Comment

Working...
                              X