Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like I'll be around more for awhile!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like I'll be around more for awhile!

Yep, just got laid off, along with half the workforce where I worked. And they want me to sit on my ass until they're ready to hire me back. I guess it has to do with the change of management today.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

I was happy when I read the title, sad now. Don't wait on 'em to call you back, go look for something better. Trust me on this one, it can only help.
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
      I was happy when I read the title, sad now. Don't wait on 'em to call you back, go look for something better. Trust me on this one, it can only help.
      I was contemplating a move down to the metro area soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Irondüke
        I was contemplating a move down to the metro area soon.
        Beyond your profile I have no idea where you live, but I do know it rarely does any good to wait around. I wish you the best of luck allways, but now more than ever. BTW, what field are you in/looking for work?

I wish I could get out of the city areas myself, I miss the countryside so much, but there are too many people counting on me here.
        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
          Beyond your profile I have no idea where you live, but I do know it rarely does any good to wait around. I wish you the best of luck allways, but now more than ever. BTW, what field are you in/looking for work?

I wish I could get out of the city areas myself, I miss the countryside so much, but there are too many people counting on me here.
          I think he means the Minneapolis/St Paul area. Dont give up, keep looking, one day you will find a job. Any idea of what you want to do?

Comment

Probably safer to just move to India.

Comment

Well I got my A.A. but I'm not going back to college next year, but the year after that. Maybe I should get a job as a piano lifter or a mover, considering my last job :)

Probably safer to just move to India.
              No thanks, I think I'll pass.

Comment

Ur garunteed a call centre job coz u haven't got an Indian accent!!!

lol

Sorry to hear aobut ur job man, tough break.

Which Field u in?

Comment

Working...
                X