China's new aircraft engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China's new aircraft engine

China shows new engine on Zhuhai exhibition . it semms to be great, but I can't translate it . here is the link. Maybe you will read it in other English websites.

http://war.163.com/06/1031/20/2UPPKF2T00011232.html

I remeber someone once said Chinese can't make engines,where are u now?

Comment

Which Chinese aircraft uses this new engine?

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

The news told us J-10 and J-11 used it ,and the improved egine will be used on J-10,J-11 too. From the news we can find it is better than the Ruissa and EU egines .( just I think so)
        Last edited by wangrui961; 01 Nov 06,, 12:10. Reason: spell

Comment

Even if it's not, the US is selling Pakistan Block 52 F-16;s so you;ll get a good engine soon enough

Comment

This link seems to be more interesting.

http://ent.163.com/06/1101/07/2UR15GRH00031H2L.html

"Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by wangrui961 View Post
              ...From the news we can find it is better than the Ruissa and EU egines .( just I think so)
              Then why did you just buy 250 AL-31FN's from Russia for your J-10 fleet?
              "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                This link seems to be more interesting.

http://ent.163.com/06/1101/07/2UR15GRH00031H2L.html

You could have warned me..I opened it in my office..and my colleagues eyes just popped out.

Comment

Originally posted by kams View Post
                  You could have warned me..I opened it in my office..and my colleagues eyes just popped out.
                  I thought was warning enough.

"Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                    Even if it's not, the US is selling Pakistan Block 52 F-16;s so you;ll get a good engine soon enough
                    I don't think we can get anything from F-16, "Taihang" engine is better than which used in F-16, or US would never sell them to one of our best friends.

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
                      Then why did you just buy 250 AL-31FN's from Russia for your J-10 fleet?
                      "Taihang" and Russia engine each has it's advantages , buy both of them will give more useful datas for futher research .

Comment

"Taihang" and Russia engine each has it's advantages
                        OH, I agree. One is a proven engine that will equip the J-10 fleet, and the other one is cheaper because it's built at home and you don't have to violate more license agreements.
                        buy both of them will give more useful datas for futher research
                        You don't buy 250 copies for research, lol. You buy them to put in your planes.

But it's true that you did use them for research at first, since the WS-10 is a copy of the AL-31. Nothing really wrong with that, I'm sure you had the blessing of the Russians, even thought no one wants to admit it.
                        "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

tats WS-10A a copy of F110....

Comment

Yeah, sure it is...

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
                              Yeah, sure it is...
                              Y?

Comment

Working...
                              X