• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wave of Anti-Semitism Washes over France

Time for Jews to leave France?
    Nazi hunter says it's best way to fight anti-Semitism

How bad is anti-Semitism in France?

A French Nazi hunter says it's so bad, the best way to keep up the fight is to leave the country.

Six decades after the end of the Holocaust, the prominent French Nazi-hunter Serge Klarsfeld told the Jerusalem Post that French Jews should pack their bags and get out.

"One of the lessons of the Holocaust is that even if you want to fight against a wave of anti-Semitism, the best [thing] is to leave if you can," Klarsfeld said during a visit to Israel.

At the same time, Klarsfeld, who lives in Paris, said that he does not expect there be a great wave of Jewish emigration from France to either Israel or the U.S. because most French Jews are well off.

Klarsfeld said history has proven it would have been best "had the Jews of Poland and the Jews of Austria left Europe when they could have."

Klarsfeld's remarks came on the heels of reports that the Jewish Agency was planning to launch a campaign to persuade French Jews to immigrate to Israel to escape a wave of anti-Semitism.

The French government reported earlier this month that it had recorded 180 incidents of attacks or threats against Jews or Jewish-owned property since the start of this year, according to the Post. Most of those incidents were attributed to an increasingly violent second- and third-generation Muslim population.

With 6 million Muslims and 600,000 Jews, France has both the largest Muslim and Jews populations in Europe.

Although the numbers fell last year, over 2,500 French Jews immigrated to Israel in 2002, double the number a year earlier and the most since 1967.

Klarsfeld, 68, escaped deportation to the death camps by hiding in a closet; he spent the decades following the war in Paris as the leading Nazi hunter in France.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=39049

The holocaust has taught Europe to be wary of anti-semitism from the right, but they still have no idea how to deal with it from the left or their Muslim populations.
    Last edited by ZFBoxcar; 23 Jun 04,, 16:23.

Comment

It is the economic progress of the Jews that is getting their goat.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I think its the huge Muslim populations that are just carrying on the war from Israel to France as they think its a global war on Zionism.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
          I think its the huge Muslim populations that are just carrying on the war from Israel to France as they think its a global war on Zionism.

If that were true, I wouldn't be surprised.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
            Muslims in France have the same problem as Muslims in SA, Syria, Jordan, Iraq and Iran. Name they have the victim complex; nothing is their fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Leader
              they have the victim complex; nothing is their fault.
              What? Were they listening to Sharpton and Jackson speaches?
              No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
              I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
              even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
              He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
                What? Were they listening to Sharpton and Jackson speaches?
                Yeah I thought of that too. Inner city Black Leaders seem to have the mentality.

Comment

Muslims in France have the same problem as Muslims in SA, Syria, Jordan, Iraq and Iran. Name they have the victim complex; nothing is their fault.
                  I could use the same argument against Jews , they also have the victim mentallity.

Comment

Originally posted by blackhole
                    I could use the same argument against Jews , they also have the victim mentallity.
                    That's Bull Shit.

Comment

Originally posted by blackhole
                      I could say that about every race, religion, nationality or whatever, because everyone has been a victim at least once in history.
                      I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                      even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                      He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
                        I could say that about every race, religion, nationality or whatever, because everyone has been a victim at least once in history.
                        The question is whether you see yourself as a victim. I don't know any Jews especially Israeli Jews that see themselves that way.

Comment

The question is whether you see yourself as a victim. I don't know any Jews especially Israeli Jews that see themselves that way.
                          Me either, if anything they've taken it as an empowerment.

Comment

Without going into the merits and demerits, I too get a wee bit uncomfortable by the continuous quoting the Halocaust all the time to justify everything being done (and I have Jews as relatives!). And in India there has been no discrimination against Jews at all. They are still around and thriving. In fact, some are returning from Israel for discrimination.

The world has atoned for it. Everyone is very sorry that it could ever happen. The Pope has publicly apologised. How long are we to suffer this 'guilt complex'? Give us the cut off date or is it to be till eternity? That way so many communities and races can dig up their history and continue carping.

It is time the world has a break.

That way, the US should take on Holland because:

The Separatists were less numerous by far than other classes of Nonconformists, yet they formed the advance guard of the great Puritan exodus from the mother country to the shores of New England. The town of Scrooby in Nottinghamshire was the center of a scattered congregation of Separatists whose minister was John Robinson and whose ruling elder was William Brewster, the village postmaster. After enduring many persecutions this little band of Christians, who now became "Pilgrims," escaped with difficulty from their native land to Amsterdam, Holland, whence a year later they removed to Leyden. Here they dwelt for eleven years, exiles for conscience' sake, earning their bread by the labor of their hands.

But the Pilgrims felt that Holland was not their home; they could not endure the thought of giving up their language and customs for those of the Dutch, nor were they willing to return to their native England, where religious persecution had not abated. They had heard of the colony of Virginia, and their thoughts were directed to the wilderness of the New World.
                            Last edited by Ray; 23 Jun 04,, 08:22.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

The last 50 times I have heard about the holocaust has been from non-Jews saying Jews never shut up about it. Not Jews talking about it.

(my earlier post was just mentioning it in passing to explain why Europe was not doing anything about this)
                              Last edited by ZFBoxcar; 23 Jun 04,, 16:24.

Comment

Working...
                              X