PDA

View Full Version : Video shows Korea hostage threat

Trooth
21 Jun 04,, 00:06
Video shows Korea hostage threat

Islamic militants in Iraq have threatened to execute a South Korean hostage within 24 hours, according to a videotape shown on al-Jazeera TV.
The group identified itself as Monotheism and Jihad, and called on South Korea to withdraw its armed forces from Iraq.

South Korea will boost its deployment by 3,000 troops, making it the largest coalition force after the US and UK.

"Please get out of here, I don't want to die," screamed the hostage.

The video identified him as Kim Song-il.

"My life is important," he pleaded, in English.

Al-Jazeera said that the videotape arrived in an unmarked package at the station's Baghdad office.

The two-minute video showed the hostage surrounded by armed men wearing masks.

"We ask you to withdraw your forces from our land and not to send any more troops, and if not we'll send you this Korean's head," said one of the men.

A banner identified the group as Jamaat al-Tawhid and Jihad, which is led by a leading al-Qaeda member, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

Warning

South Korea already has 660 army engineers and medical personnel in the southern Iraqi city of Nasiriya, where they are involved in humanitarian and rehabilitation projects.

But on Friday, the South Korean defence ministry announced that it would send another 3,000 troops to northern Iraq from early August.

The next day, the government issued a warning against any travel to Iraq, saying its troop decision might lead to attacks on South Korean citizens.

Last month the same group beheaded an American hostage, Nick Berg, and it has been responsible for a number of other attacks, including the killing of Iraqi Governing Council head Ezzedine Salim.

The group has previoulsy said that it was "determined to lift the humiliation from our nation".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3824439.stm

Leader
21 Jun 04,, 00:41
"We ask you to withdraw your forces from our land and not to send any more troops, and if not we'll send you this Korean's head," said one of the men.

Some call these people "freedom fighters." :mad:

Lunatock
21 Jun 04,, 01:01
Wether or not zarqawi <spit> himself was in the video might indicate how spot on yesterday's missle strike was.

bigross86
21 Jun 04,, 01:37
Is it too late to pull out like Catholics, and then nuke them?

smilingassassin
21 Jun 04,, 03:39
Saddly I fear this korean chap is a dead duck, the same demands were made to the italians, U.S. and others. These terrorists know full well that their demands will not be met, therefore we can only hope that co-allition forces can find this fella before they carry out their true plans.

Lunatock
21 Jun 04,, 18:22
Saddly I fear this korean chap is a dead duck, the same demands were made to the italians, U.S. and others. These terrorists know full well that their demands will not be met, therefore we can only hope that co-allition forces can find this fella before they carry out their true plans.

Those terrorist pieces of shit will kill him even if the demands are met.

ChrisF202
21 Jun 04,, 20:08
Hes probably being held in Saudi Arabia like Paul Johnson, the Saudis even helped them cross over from Iraq, all this anti-terrorism stuff is a half hearted effort. But yeah, I hope we get to him, im getting really sick of these beheadings.

smilingassassin
22 Jun 04,, 21:53
It appears that they beheaded the poor guy, what a bunch of bastards.

Confed999
22 Jun 04,, 22:29
Find them and kill them, then arrest their family and friends to find their helpers.

ChrisF202
23 Jun 04,, 00:53
Find them and kill them, then arrest their family and friends to find their helpers.
Dont arrest their family and friends, kill them, in public. Those sick bastards are to sick to rot in jail at my dads expense.

Confed999
23 Jun 04,, 01:00
Dont arrest their family and friends, kill them, in public. Those sick bastards are to sick to rot in jail at my dads expense.
We're Americans, we have to make sure they are terrorists, or supporting terrorists. Once that is done I would support a tribunal and, if convicted, off to the gallows.

Trooth
23 Jun 04,, 22:02
We're Americans, we have to make sure they are terrorists, or supporting terrorists. Once that is done I would support a tribunal and, if convicted, off to the gallows.

Well said. You already are more than they even aspire to be. Don't throw it away.

Confed999
24 Jun 04,, 00:57
Don't throw it away.
I would die to protect the American ideal, I won't throw it away. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

smilingassassin
24 Jun 04,, 22:29
"I would die to protect the American ideal, I won't throw it away."

Funny how sleasebags like micheal moore egnore the fact that many U.S. soldiers feel this way in Iraq and has the gaul to approach senaters and ask them if they would send their kids to Iraq. I'd like to ask him if he'd go to afganistan to fight Bin Laden and his thugs, thats if he could even hack 5 minutes of basic training.
He seems to think that this American ideal is to start wars and not oppress tyranny and defend freedom.

Confed999
25 Jun 04,, 00:30
He seems to think that this American ideal is to start wars and not oppress tyranny and defend freedom.
He just sees it as a chance to make a bundle of cash, just like everything he does.

ChrisF202
25 Jun 04,, 02:15
Well, we can get evidence then.

smilingassassin
25 Jun 04,, 22:29
"I like Chechens"

Lunitock I respect most of your veiws but do realize that the Chechens engage in the same act of beheading as these terrorist scum? They in fact do it even slower than these bastards and let the poor guy bleed to death like a pig in excruciating pain before they complete the process. I've watched a video of this act and its truely the most terrifying thing I have ever seen, the fact that someone can be so cold blooded towards another human being.

Officer of Engineers
26 Jun 04,, 06:14
One thing right off the bat.

We're combattants, not police officers. I don't have to care about the niceties about innocents or guilty. The non-combattants have only two choices - get out of my way or get killed. We'll make SOME allowances if they're involuntary human shields but in the end, it does come down to those two choices.

1) Get out of my way
2) Get killed.

Trooth
26 Jun 04,, 11:53
No argument in a fire fight. but i think confed was referring to when the shooting stops and the soldiers are indeed faced with unarmed people, either combatants or not.

ChrisF202
26 Jun 04,, 13:45
One thing right off the bat.

We're combattants, not police officers. I don't have to care about the niceties about innocents or guilty. The non-combattants have only two choices - get out of my way or get killed. We'll make SOME allowances if they're involuntary human shields but in the end, it does come down to those two choices.

1) Get out of my way
2) Get killed.
Totally right on that, espically in one of those protests in Iraq where they burn the American flag and mutilate dead soldiers.

As for 'tock and his "I like Chechyans", I belive that is scarcasm, correct me if im wrong.

eMGee
26 Jun 04,, 17:46
Is it too late to pull out like Catholics, and then nuke them?

What? (!)

Confed999
27 Jun 04,, 01:46
No argument in a fire fight. but i think confed was referring to when the shooting stops and the soldiers are indeed faced with unarmed people, either combatants or not.
I was actually speaking of arrested/captured prisoners. If there is any resistance in the capture, they should immediately be dispatched in the quickest, most efficient way available.

ChrisF202
27 Jun 04,, 03:34
I was actually speaking of arrested/captured prisoners. If there is any resistance in the capture, they should immediately be dispatched in the quickest, most efficient way available.
We should just deadly force as a last resort, like any US corrections officer, jail guard, depuy sheriff, etc would do in Anytown, USA. But if they constantly resist then I say do what needs to be done. If it means a bullet, meeting w/ billy club, etc let it be done.