Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video shows Korea hostage threat

Video shows Korea hostage threat

Islamic militants in Iraq have threatened to execute a South Korean hostage within 24 hours, according to a videotape shown on al-Jazeera TV.
    The group identified itself as Monotheism and Jihad, and called on South Korea to withdraw its armed forces from Iraq.

South Korea will boost its deployment by 3,000 troops, making it the largest coalition force after the US and UK.

"Please get out of here, I don't want to die," screamed the hostage.

The video identified him as Kim Song-il.

"My life is important," he pleaded, in English.

Al-Jazeera said that the videotape arrived in an unmarked package at the station's Baghdad office.

The two-minute video showed the hostage surrounded by armed men wearing masks.

"We ask you to withdraw your forces from our land and not to send any more troops, and if not we'll send you this Korean's head," said one of the men.

A banner identified the group as Jamaat al-Tawhid and Jihad, which is led by a leading al-Qaeda member, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

Warning

South Korea already has 660 army engineers and medical personnel in the southern Iraqi city of Nasiriya, where they are involved in humanitarian and rehabilitation projects.

But on Friday, the South Korean defence ministry announced that it would send another 3,000 troops to northern Iraq from early August.

The next day, the government issued a warning against any travel to Iraq, saying its troop decision might lead to attacks on South Korean citizens.

Last month the same group beheaded an American hostage, Nick Berg, and it has been responsible for a number of other attacks, including the killing of Iraqi Governing Council head Ezzedine Salim.

The group has previoulsy said that it was "determined to lift the humiliation from our nation".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/3824439.stm
    at

"We ask you to withdraw your forces from our land and not to send any more troops, and if not we'll send you this Korean's head," said one of the men.

Some call these people "freedom fighters."

Comment

Wether or not zarqawi <spit> himself was in the video might indicate how spot on yesterday's missle strike was.

Comment

Is it too late to pull out like Catholics, and then nuke them?
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Saddly I fear this korean chap is a dead duck, the same demands were made to the italians, U.S. and others. These terrorists know full well that their demands will not be met, therefore we can only hope that co-allition forces can find this fella before they carry out their true plans.
          Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Originally posted by smilingassassin
            Saddly I fear this korean chap is a dead duck, the same demands were made to the italians, U.S. and others. These terrorists know full well that their demands will not be met, therefore we can only hope that co-allition forces can find this fella before they carry out their true plans.
            Those terrorist pieces of shit will kill him even if the demands are met.

Comment

Hes probably being held in Saudi Arabia like Paul Johnson, the Saudis even helped them cross over from Iraq, all this anti-terrorism stuff is a half hearted effort. But yeah, I hope we get to him, im getting really sick of these beheadings.

Comment

It appears that they beheaded the poor guy, what a bunch of bastards.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Find them and kill them, then arrest their family and friends to find their helpers.
                  No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                  I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                  even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                  He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
                    Find them and kill them, then arrest their family and friends to find their helpers.
                    Dont arrest their family and friends, kill them, in public. Those sick bastards are to sick to rot in jail at my dads expense.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
                      Dont arrest their family and friends, kill them, in public. Those sick bastards are to sick to rot in jail at my dads expense.
                      We're Americans, we have to make sure they are terrorists, or supporting terrorists. Once that is done I would support a tribunal and, if convicted, off to the gallows.
                      I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                      even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                      He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
                        We're Americans, we have to make sure they are terrorists, or supporting terrorists. Once that is done I would support a tribunal and, if convicted, off to the gallows.
                        Well said. You already are more than they even aspire to be. Don't throw it away.
                        at

Comment

Originally posted by Trooth
                          Don't throw it away.
                          I would die to protect the American ideal, I won't throw it away. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Comment

"I would die to protect the American ideal, I won't throw it away."

Funny how sleasebags like micheal moore egnore the fact that many U.S. soldiers feel this way in Iraq and has the gaul to approach senaters and ask them if they would send their kids to Iraq. I'd like to ask him if he'd go to afganistan to fight Bin Laden and his thugs, thats if he could even hack 5 minutes of basic training.
                            He seems to think that this American ideal is to start wars and not oppress tyranny and defend freedom.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

He seems to think that this American ideal is to start wars and not oppress tyranny and defend freedom.
                              He just sees it as a chance to make a bundle of cash, just like everything he does.

Comment

Working...
                              X