Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/11 Chair Hamilton Slams Media Distortions

9/11 Chair Hamilton Slams Media Distortions

Vice Chairman of the 9/11 Commission Lee Hamilton blasted the mainstream press yesterday for distorting the Commission's findings on links between Iraq and al-Qaida, saying those findings actually support Bush administration contentions.

"The sharp differences that the press has drawn [between the White House and the Commission] are not that apparent to me," Hamilton told the Associated Press, a day after insisting that his probe uncovered "all kinds" of connections between Osama bin Laden's terror network and Iraq. Hamilton's comments followed a deluge of mainstream reports falsely claiming that the 9/11 Commission had discredited the Bush administration's claim of longstanding links between Baghdad and bin Laden.

But the Indiana Democrat said the press accounts were flat-out wrong.

"There are all kinds of ties," he told PBS's "The News Hour" late Wednesday, in comments that establishment journalists have refused to report.

"There are all kinds of connections. And it may very well have been that Osama bin Laden or some of his lieutenants met at some time with Saddam Hussein's lieutenants."

Hamilton said that while his probe had failed to uncover any direct operational link between Baghdad and Osama bin Laden's terror network in attacks on the U.S., there's no question that "they had contacts."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...18/92642.shtml

From the mouth of a Democrat on PBS no less!!!!! Holy s**t, I never thought I would see the day!
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Leader
      "There are all kinds of ties," he told PBS's "The News Hour" late Wednesday, in comments that establishment journalists have refused to report.

"There are all kinds of connections. And it may very well have been that Osama bin Laden or some of his lieutenants met at some time with Saddam Hussein's lieutenants."

Hamilton said that while his probe had failed to uncover any direct operational link between Baghdad and Osama bin Laden's terror network in attacks on the U.S., there's no question that "they had contacts."
      Is this inquiry suposed to actually find anything:-

"There are all kinds of ties" to me means "we have the evidence."

"And it may very well have been that Osama bin Laden or some of his lieutenants met at some time with Saddam Hussein's lieutenants." to me means "we can't prove anything and are just using supposition"

"they had contacts" to me means "we can prove it".

My summary would be, "they definitely did or may have had, longstanding or no ties at all."
      at

Comment

They had ties, but no colaboration on 9/11, exactly what was said on the lead up to war. All you have to do to prove it wrong is to locate a quote from Bush, Cheney, Powel, etc. that says Iraq was actively involved in 9/11.
        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Prove what? Those statements are taking both sides. Its unlikely i can prove both sides.
          at

Comment

Originally posted by Trooth
            Prove what? Those statements are taking both sides. Its unlikely i can prove both sides.
            Logically there is only one side you can prove any way. Unless you going to attempt to prove the AQ had no ties to Iraq, which would seem to be an impossible task.

Comment

Prove what?
              I told you how you could prove this wrong:
              They had ties, but no colaboration on 9/11, exactly what was said on the lead up to war.
              Those statements are taking both sides.
              What 2 sides are they taking? This is very simple to me, I find it tedious to continue explaining it over and over, people can have ties but not colaborate.

Comment

I don't see that, right now, ties and collaboration would be thought of as different. With us or against us and all that. I can see a difference myself, but i am not sure that the war on terror does.

Eitehr way i am happy that the commission has stated that there was no collaboration regarding 9/11 and happy that the commission is further stating that there is collaboration regarding other terrorist acts.
                at

Comment

I don't see that, right now, ties and collaboration would be thought of as different.
                  You and I can be tied together through this forum, but we have never colaborated on any project I'm aware of.

Either way i am happy that the commission has stated that there was no collaboration regarding 9/11
                  I still say nobody credible ever said there was.
                  Last edited by Confed999; 19 Jun 04,, 19:47. Reason: omissions

Comment

Working...
                  X