AMD vs. Intel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD vs. Intel

Let's hear it, AMD or Intel. I myself am a fan of Intel processors.
    AMD
    58.33%
    Intel
    41.67%
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Until the launch of Core 2 Duo, I would have said AMD.

But judging by several sets of benchmarks, the new Intel offering trashes and eats up whatever AMD has to offer.

Then spits it out again, and then chews it up a bit, before rubbing salt into its wounds and then swallowing it in one gulp.

Not only does the X6800 outperform the FX-62 - so do the E6700 and usually the E6600 as well, at half the price.

I ordered a Core 2 Duo laptop (T5600) and then found out about the processor revolution. Lucky me.
    HD Ready?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
      Let's hear it, AMD or Intel. I myself am a fan of Intel processors.

Once upon a time it was really only Intel, but you must admit that the last few years has seen AMD not only gain ground, but on occasion technically surpass Intel. At the moment Intel is again in the lead, but for how long? My current PC is AMD equipped, when it requires replacing I will simply choose the best CPU available at the time. If the Mac is proven to work happily with Vista, that decision will be made for me.
      Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Intel with Core2Duo.
        Previous any Intel sucked,
        Amd ruled!!
        but with core 2 duo intel is on top again.

this is a ever gambling...
        with intel taking over nvidia possibly and amd already took over ATI expect interesting things to happen.
        i'm on a opteron cpu now..
        no money to go core 2 duo :( .

i'll rate this way

P3 intel then came AMD K8 it ruled any P4.. with opetsrons and stuffs then came core 2 duo and it ruled over AM2.

Comment

I'm limithing this ti amd/ intel only else there were preciously those monsterous G Cpu's from IBM and stuffs ;).
          lets leave those though.

Comment

Intel all the way

Comment

I'm a fan of which ever processor that can get the job done with minimal waste and cost. Right now that would be the Intel Core 2 processor. But who knows what AMD has in mind with their next gen processor scheduled for next year.
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I am happy so long as the computer works! :)

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I'd reckon Intel is better, only because i spent four times as much on a laptop and yet its slower than my pc..which is intel...where as my laptop is AMD

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                  I am happy so long as the computer works! :)
                  right o
                  "To every man upon this earth, Death cometh soon or late;
                  And how can a man die better; Than facing fearful odds,
                  For the ashes of his father; And the temples of his gods."

Comment

Originally posted by Draconion View Post
                    I'd reckon Intel is better, only because i spent four times as much on a laptop and yet its slower than my pc..which is intel...where as my laptop is AMD
                    So is my laptop and my Desktop.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Draconion View Post
                      That has nothing to do with AMD or Intel but everything to do with power requirement and other subsystems on your laptop, or any laptop.

Desktop has virtually unlimited power while a laptop has to make a 90w/h battery last 3.5 hours. A few things were sacrificed along the way to make this happen.

Comment

Historically I'm with AMD. They've been routinely cheaper, and until Intel fixed it, they didn't share a error with memory handling that Intel processors had. Except for with the 64-bit processor they always lagged on being on top in terms of development, but that doesn't matter in my book as I'm not a gamer and so don't stay on the bleeding edge anyway.

Comment

I' ve got AMD. It is cheaper than Intel. Only bad thing about AMD is because it is warming too much, so you need more coolers.
                          With Faith in God,
                          For King and Fatherland!

Comment

He He. I vote for AMD but right now useing Celeron(Intel) 667MHz@830MHz and I am in proces of buying new PC which will be Sempron(AMD) AM2 and Asus M2N-E(beautiful mb,look and oc).In budget PC segment Intel is dead, P4 Celeron is way behind Sempron on normal clock and when you get to overclock Sempron will give you much more because Sempron is much cooler(here I think on S754 and AM2).

If I buy medium segment PC I would chose C2D e6300 Intel.

P.S. My celeron was rape by overclock it work for moths without cooler fan and it was two years ago it is still very alive and my PSU was broke too.After that I have speedfun 2 on any pc I use beacuse of volt readings and fan readings.P3 Celeron was harder to kill and easier to oc than Duron(AMD) K-7 but first series of Duron were friendly for voltmod which give extraordenary oc capabilties, later AMD cancel this which was on of the most stupid decisions from them.
                            Last edited by SRB; 01 Nov 06,, 22:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Labud_NS View Post
                              I' ve got AMD. It is cheaper than Intel. Only bad thing about AMD is because it is warming too much, so you need more coolers.
                              Obviously you haven't seen a Pentium D (dual core P4) at work. The damn thing is a space heater, drawing 170W at idle, and over 400W when underload and overclocked. (total system power consumption)

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/05/...es/page14.html

Comment

Working...
                              X