X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only Democrats Are Allowed to Campaign in Churches

Thursday, June 3, 2004

Only Democrats Are Allowed to Campaign in Churches

Anti-religious zealots and hypocrites who don't object when the likes of John Kerry and Al Sharpton and Bill Clinton and Al Gore and Jesse Jackson and Jimmy Carter campaign in churches are feigning outrage that President Bush dares to do the same thing.

An e-mail from Luke Bernstein of the Bush-Cheney campaign's office in Pennsylvania asks churchgoers to organize "Friendly Congregations" to promote the president's re-election.

"I'd like to ask if you would like to serve as a coordinator in your place of worship," the message says. "We plan to undertake activities such as distributing general information/updates or voter registration materials in a place accessible to the congregation."

Kevin Madden, a spokesman for the campaign, said: "People of faith feel strongly about the president, are people we want to be part of our campaign. This message is intended to be from individual to individual. This is organizing with individuals who may be members of a church who we hope to identify as supporters and be part of our efforts."

The Internal Revenue Service supposedly bans tax-exempt organizations such as churches from politicking, but Jackson and other Democrats have violated that regulation for decades with impunity. Kerry has recently campaigned and staged photo opportunities at several churches. Wire stories attacking the Bush campaign's strategy today refused to mention those facts.

How dare Republicans do what Democrats are allowed to do. Barry Lynn, head of a group that calls itself Americans United for Separation of Church and State, raged, "I have never in my life seen such a direct campaign to politicize American churches."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/6/3/92526.shtml
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body. USMC
    Semper Fi

Why do Christian churches even let these guys in, they stand against so many of the church's beliefs?
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Working...
    X