Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iranian official says missiles ready to strike US.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iranian official says missiles ready to strike US.

From MEMRI, with thanks to Jeffrey Imm:

The London Arabic-language daily Al-Sharq Al-Awsat reported that "an Iranian intelligence unit has established a center called The Brigades of the Shahids of the Global Islamic Awakening to replace the Iranian Revolutionary Guards' Department of Liberation and Revolutionary Movements, which had been in charge of helping and training revolutionary forces across the world." [1] The article went on to report a speech given by an official of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards, threatening the U.S. with suicide and missile attacks at already-selected sensitive targets, and threatening to "take over" Britain. The following is the report: [2]

Iran Stands Ready to Attack the West:

"A source close to [Revolutionary Guards] intelligence confirmed that P.R. has been appointed secretary-general of a new office that has begun registering the names of suicide volunteers to be sent to Iraq, Palestine, and Lebanon.

"[The newspaper reported that it had obtained] a tape with a speech by H.A., a [Revolutionary] Guards intelligence theoretician, who teaches at the Revolutionary Guards' Al-Hussein University. [In the tape, H.A.] spoke of Tehran's secret strategy aimed at taking over the Arab and Muslim countries by means of helping revolutionary forces and organizations. H.A. is regarded as one of the advisors of a branch in the organization, and has published a number of works on exporting the [Islamic] revolution and the method of the struggle against the world arrogance [i.e., the U.S.].

"In his speech at a secret conference attended by students who are members of the Ansar Hizbullah movement at Al-Hussein University, [H.A. said]: 'Iraqi oil constitutes 11% of the world oil reserves, and it has fallen into the hands of the U.S. and Britain. The value of the intelligence documents that the U.S. obtained because of its takeover of Iraqi intelligence is greater than $1000 billion. Whereas our [Iran's] Foreign Ministry was expressing willingness to reconstruct the statue of the Buddha [destroyed by the Taliban in 2001] in Afghanistan – that is, to build an idol, which is an act that is against the principles of Islam – the U.S. managed to force its rule on Afghanistan.

"'(President Muhammad) Khatami speaks of the dialogue between civilizations, and I have grave doubts about this. It is a dubious idea. We do not want to take over the British Embassy, since they (the British) have already cleared the embassy of documents; we must take over Britain [itself].'

"After [H.A.] harshly attacked Khatami and the reformists, he said in his speech: 'The West sees us as terrorists, and depicts our strategy as terrorism and repression. Had our youth agreed to Khatami's teachings and interpretations, it would never have fought the arrogance, and would never have defended the holy places – because Khatami speaks always of being conciliatory, of patience, and of rejecting terrorism, while we defend [the line of] toughness and war against the enemies of revolutionary Islam. I take pride in my actions that cause anxiety and fear to the Americans.

"'Haven't the Jews and the Christians achieved their progress by means of toughness and repression? We have a strategy drawn up for the destruction of Anglo-Saxon civilizationand for the uprooting of the Americans and the English.

"'Our missiles are now ready to strike at their civilization, and as soon as the instructions arrive from Leader ['Ali Khamenei], we will launch our missiles at their cities and installations. Our motto during the war (in Iraq) was: Karbala, we are coming, Jerusalem, we are coming. And because of Khatami's policies and dialogue between the civilizations, we have been compelled to freeze our plan to liberate the Islamic cities. And now we are [again] about to carry out the program.'

"In his speech, he added: 'The global infidel front is a front against Allah and the Muslims, and we must make use of everything we have at hand to strike at this front, by means of our suicide operations or by means of our missiles. There are 29 sensitive sites in the U.S. and in the West. We have already spied on these sites and we know how we are going to attack them.'

"In another part of his speech, he emphasized, 'If Israel dares attack the [nuclear] installations at Bushehr, our losses will be very low, because [only] one structure will be destroyed – while we [i.e., Iran] have means of attacking Israel's nuclear facilities and arsenals such that no trace of Israel will remain.'"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] Al-Sharq Al-Awsat (London), May 28, 2004.

[2] Al-Sharq Al-Awsat (London), May 28, 2004.
    (Source: Jihadwatch)

Goddamnit!!

Iranians signing up to blow themselves up

Follow-up news message:

Iranians signing up to blow themselves up

Why is it so easy to get people to sign up? Why won't American Muslim spokesmen move beyond "the Qur'an forbids suicide" and answer that question? From AFP, with thanks to Twostellas:

TEHRAN: Hundreds of Iranian men and women, even children, declared their willingness to carry out suicide attacks in Iraq and Israel following Friday prayers in Tehran.
    The "volunteers" signed their names and gave their telephone numbers to an obscure group calling itself the Committee for the Commemoration of Martyrs of the World Islamic Movement.

A spokesman, Mohammad Yasser Samadi, said the action was to "show our friends in Iraq and all other Muslims that we are ready to give our lives to defend our honor.

"Suicide operations are the best way to fight the oppressors and they have already shown their worth in Lebanon and during the war between Iran and Iraq," he said, referring to the neighbours' bloody 1980-88 conflict.

However, there was no evidence the action was anything more than symbolic, and Samadi said they would renounce suicide operations if asked to by supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

As far as I know, there is no sign that he has asked them to yet.

The group announced earlier this month it had begun recruiting potential suicide bombers for Iraq in the wake of serious clashes between US-led coalition forces and the militia of radical cleric Moqtada Sadr around the Shiite Muslim holy cities of Najaf and Karbala.
    (Source: Jihadwatch)

Comment

Discusting and disturbing, we shoud send a crusise missile into the Mullah's Palace and some more into where these wackos are signing up.

PS: It amazes me how dumb these people are, they wont do jack s--- by blowing themselves up in Iraq, if they want to get us to leave, blow yourself up in Times Square or The Mall in DC. I guess if someone is willing to blow themself up for "Allah" then I guess they are that dumb.

Comment

Sounds like they are really scared to me.
        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Perhaps I am right and Iran is our principle enemy!

Comment

London Arabic-language daily Al-Sharq Al-Awsat
            This newspaper is basically just an al queda mouthpiece. Its editor has met Osama bin Laden, and said he considered him to be a "nice man".

Yet another example of terrorists running around Britain.

Comment

'If Israel dares attack the [nuclear] installations at Bushehr, our losses will be very low, because [only] one structure will be destroyed – while we [i.e., Iran] have means of attacking Israel's nuclear facilities and arsenals such that no trace of Israel will remain."

No, I really think it is the other way around. In an all out war between Israel and Iran is not likely to work out well for the Iranians.
              Last edited by Leader; 31 May 04,, 21:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Leader
                'If Israel dares attack the [nuclear] installations at Bushehr, our losses will be very low, because [only] one structure will be destroyed – while we [i.e., Iran] have means of attacking Israel's nuclear facilities and arsenals such that no trace of Israel will remain."

No, I really think it is the other way around. An all out war between Israel and Iran is not likely to work out well for the Iranians.
                Got that right lol, do they remember how they bombed Saddam's reactor in 1981?

Praxus, Iran is deff one of our main enemies, they support the Hizbollah, Isamic Jihad, etc. They want a nuke to point at us and Israel.

Aryan, your right about that, its the price of open immigration and borders. We have the same kind of people from time to time. Government buracracy prevents anything from being done. In my eyes, if they dont like the country then get the f--- out or be deported, sadly it dont work that way.

Comment

Israel has what, 300 nukes?

Iran would cease to exsist and I have no dought Israel would use them if they had to.

Comment

Its obvious that there will be no preemptive strike now by Israel against Iran. Not because of Iran's stupid threats. Its just...the Israelis dont talk about removing threats...they remove them. The fact that the Israeli government keeps publicly talking about it means that they are just trying to warn Iran that Israel is ready if they try anything. But they won't hit first (for better or worse).

Comment

Working...
                    X