• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pakistani scientist in US terror list

Pakistani scientist in US terror list
    CHIDANAND RAJGHATTA

TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ THURSDAY, MAY 27, 2004 10:39:14 PM ]

WASHINGTON: An award-winning former MIT student born in Pakistan has become the first publicly identified international female suspect in the war on terrorism.
    Aafia Siddiqui, now 32, received a biology degree from MIT in 1994. University records show she lived in an on-campus dorm in 1995 and listed her home address as Karachi.
    A mother of three children, Aafia was estranged from her husband Mohammed Amjad Khan, a Harvard-trained anesthesiologist.
    Aafia set off alarm bells in the US when she was named by terror suspect Khalid Sheikh Mohammed as a coordinator or helper for al-Qaeda in the US.
    Around the same time, authorities were also investigating suspicious banking transactions that linked her to some Saudi suspects who lived in the same apartment block she stayed in Boston.
    But she disappeared before she could be apprehended, and FBI authorities now believe she is somewhere in Pakistan.
    The FBI has since released two pictures of Aafia, one showing her with a hijab (head scarf) and one without. A notification on the FBI website says "Although the FBI has no information indicating this individual is connected to specific terrorist activities, the FBI would like to locate and question this individual."
    Over the past few months there have been some sketchy reports from Pakistan about her disappearance, and in one instance, even a reported arrest. But the FBI has denied she is in its custody, and on Wednesday the Bureau put out a "Be on the Lookout (BOLO)" alert for her, along with six other suspects.
    From all accounts though, Aafia was a model student and social activist during her years in the US. According to reports in the Boston media, she received a Carroll L Wilson Award for her research proposal, "Islamisation in Pakistan and its Effects on Women" during her a sophomore year at MIT in 1992.
    As a junior, she received a $1,200 City Days fellowship to help clean up Cambridge elementary school playgrounds. She also founded a non-profit organisation, the Institute of Islamic Research and Teaching Inc, with her husband in 1999.
    "I've got to tell you, if you're looking for an al-Qaeda person, I think you'd pick her, out of 100 people, 99th or something," Gerald Ross, her former Boston landlord, told the Associated Press wire service.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...how/704078.cms
    Attached Files
    Jhingalala-Jhingalala, Hurr-Hurr!!! :eek:

Sad that such a brilliant women veered into the realm of terror when she could ahve contribute immensely for the betterment of mankind. Indeed, Islam is a great religion to lead educated and intelligent folks into the nether world and use their brilliance to devastate sanity and organised and civilised life. What an uncivil religion!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

FBI have made a mistake here. Al qaeda is primarily an Arab group, few of its members are non-arab, and those are western converts. And since when has al qaeda been recruiting women?

"Islamisation in Pakistan and its Effects on Women" to me sounds like a pretty secular paper, I doubt shes got anything to do with terrorism at all.

Comment

Originally posted by aryan
        FBI have made a mistake here. Al qaeda is primarily an Arab group, few of its members are non-arab, and those are western converts. And since when has al qaeda been recruiting women?

"Islamisation in Pakistan and its Effects on Women" to me sounds like a pretty secular paper, I doubt shes got anything to do with terrorism at all.
        This is deeply sad news!

Comment

I'm glad America is actually doing something about terrorism in the world!

Comment

Originally posted by eMGee
            I'm glad America is actually doing something about terrorism in the world!
            Ahem! Where have you been the last 18 months?

Comment

Hold on. That whole article, essentially boils down to :-

"Although the FBI has no information indicating this individual is connected to specific terrorist activities, the FBI would like to locate and question this individual."

Hardly "dead or alive" is it?

The focus of the piece is that the individual they would like to question is female, from an Islamic nation and spent time in the US.

I would just like to summarise the article :-

WITCH!
              at

Comment

Originally posted by Trooth
                Hold on. That whole article, essentially boils down to :-

"Although the FBI has no information indicating this individual is connected to specific terrorist activities, the FBI would like to locate and question this individual."

Hardly "dead or alive" is it?

The focus of the piece is that the individual they would like to question is female, from an Islamic nation and spent time in the US.

I would just like to summarise the article :-

WITCH!
                Hmm, well observed!

Comment

I believe she is already in the custody of the US 'secret agencies', presumaboly the CIA. What's this Ahem and Hmm.. about?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                    I believe she is already in the custody of the US 'secret agencies', presumaboly the CIA. What's this Ahem and Hmm.. about?
                    Never mind! You obviusly dont get sarcasim!

Comment

The phrase 'Islam is a religion of peace' is repeated time and again. If it is a religion of peace then how come it produces so many terrorists? What is that characteristic of Islam that forces such fine young people to become terrorists?
                      Jhingalala-Jhingalala, Hurr-Hurr!!! :eek:

Comment

Originally posted by zulu
                        The phrase 'Islam is a religion of peace' is repeated time and again. If it is a religion of peace then how come it produces so many terrorists? What is that characteristic of Islam that forces such fine young people to become terrorists?
                        well ... lets try to put this in a few words ...

the freedom to interpret the FUNDAMENTALS as wished ....

this leads to wierd interpretations of even very placid verses of the Quran .... and backed by a twisted arab mind .... with a couple of hundred million dollars .... and you get a terrorist organization ....

there is NO OFFICIAL interpretation of the QURAN .... wveryone is freee to interpret it as they wish .... or as they see fit ....

so some arab who has been abused by his father comes along .... with a deprived mind ... and twists and perverts the religion ... backed by money .... and soon he has a following ....

this is what happened ....

Comment

Originally posted by visioninthedark
                          well ... lets try to put this in a few words ...

the freedom to interpret the FUNDAMENTALS as wished ....

this leads to wierd interpretations of even very placid verses of the Quran .... and backed by a twisted arab mind .... with a couple of hundred million dollars .... and you get a terrorist organization ....

there is NO OFFICIAL interpretation of the QURAN .... wveryone is freee to interpret it as they wish .... or as they see fit ....

so some arab who has been abused by his father comes along .... with a deprived mind ... and twists and perverts the religion ... backed by money .... and soon he has a following ....

this is what happened ....
                          So you're saying the cul... - erm religion - itself isn't twisted? So you're saying that the founder and prophet Mohammed, who wedded a nine year old girl (Aïcha), isn't twisted and perverted?

Comment

Originally posted by eMGee
                            So you're saying the cul... - erm religion - itself isn't twisted? So you're saying that the founder and prophet Mohammed, who wedded a nine year old girl (Aïcha), isn't twisted and perverted?
                            Actually I'd class him below the Hindu God Lord Krishna who had sex with uncountable number of 12 year old milk-maids ....

Comment

At least Hindu's don't strap bombs to theirselves and blow up a lot of innocent civilians, like the Palestinians do. I'm not sure what religion/god(s) the Tamil's worship, but I think they don't attack civilians, from what I heard/read just the Indian authorities. (And I'm not saying that is okay, but it is surely a lot better than killing innocent civilians).

What else can I expect from a muslim? On almost every forum I come they always try to change the subject when "bad" things are said about the almighty and "peaceful religion" islam.

Comment

Working...
                              X