Changes to Advertisements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to Advertisements

World Affairs Board is continuing to grow in terms of members, posts and overall traffic but our advertising revenue is not growing with it unfortunately. We certainly don't expect the advertisements to cover all the operational costs but if they can offset a good portion of them then that would be fantastic.

We have gone ahead and made some changes to the advertisement positions to make them a little more prominent and hopefully increase click through ratios. Useful links to Google's Picasa photo editing software and their Bundled Utility Package which includes Fire Fox etc. have also been added.

I hope these new links up the top might prove useful to a few members but they are also there to try and generate from revenue for WAB. We receive a commission from Google for example for everyone who clicks through and installs the Google Pack.

As noted previously we do not plan on introducing any intrusive advertising such as pop-ups or pop-under adverts and membership at WAB will remain free for all.

Thank you for your continued support :)

Aha. That explains it. Thanks for the heads-up.
    I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

do clicks alone count for you'll..i dont mind ckicking a couple of times on the google thingy...if that'll do you'll good..:)
      "To every man upon this earth, Death cometh soon or late;
      And how can a man die better; Than facing fearful odds,
      For the ashes of his father; And the temples of his gods."

Comment

We certainly don't expect the advertisements to cover all the operational costs but if they can offset a good portion of them then that would be fantastic.
        No no, you can. But you'll have to monetize smartly. Generally Google Adsense and other Contextual CPC programs won't do very well on internet forums.
        I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
          As noted previously we do not plan on introducing any intrusive advertising such as pop-ups or pop-under adverts and membership at WAB will remain free for all.
          I personally think that those are the 2 most important points. :)
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

click click click.

Comment

Didnt we go through this "clicking-talk" once before and we were all suppose to click twice or thrice per day?

I know I have been slacking in the clicking department.

:) Just a few clicks a day keeps the advertisements away. :)
              "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

I click.

You should also click.

Clickity click is the buzzword.

So go ahead. It won't hurt your mouse!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Interesting Ads

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                    I click.

You should also click.

Clickity click is the buzzword.

So go ahead. It won't hurt your mouse!
                    I clicked! :)

(and it was the best click ever!;) )
                    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal View Post
                      Didnt we go through this "clicking-talk" once before and we were all suppose to click twice or thrice per day?

I know I have been slacking in the clicking department.

:) Just a few clicks a day keeps the advertisements away. :)
                      Isn't that illegal? Unnatural clicks. The folks at Google don't like them and you could get Chris in trouble.
                      I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Originally posted by STIG View Post
                        Interesting Ads
                        I also saw one advertising holidays to North Korea.
                        Last edited by HistoricalDavid; 25 Oct 06,, 13:24.
                        HD Ready?

Comment

Originally posted by HistoricalDavid View Post
                          That would actually be fascinating. If I had the money I'd definitely go.

Don't know if the U.S. government would allow it though.
                          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by HistoricalDavid View Post

A (rather eccentric) chum of mine applied to visit North Korea some years ago. The reply he got back said it wasn't possible as the tourism department was over-subscribed, and they had already received 108 applications.
                            Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                              Don't know if the U.S. government would allow it though.
                              The US government would, obviously. But the NK government might not, they'd have to make a rare exception for a Yankee imperialist invader like yourself.

Originally posted by glyn View Post
                              108 applications.[/COLOR]
                              I'm surprised it was that high!
                              HD Ready?

Comment

Working...
                              X