Cigarettes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cigarettes

I smoke cigarettes ,and i have lived in Canada for a number of years .Live is still good there,but some things I just can not comprehend. One of them is that you can't buy any US cigarettes !REALLY.No marlboros ,camels,pall mall's,nothing.Instead they sell the worst cigarettes in the world (canadian made) I dont know what is inside of them ,but I can assure you ,after few puffs one quits .(good thinking).So whats up,up there.PS.any more funny stories from Canada.

Originally posted by bodybag
    I smoke cigarettes ,and i have lived in Canada for a number of years .Live is still good there,but some things I just can not comprehend. One of them is that you can't buy any US cigarettes !REALLY.No marlboros ,camels,pall mall's,nothing.Instead they sell the worst cigarettes in the world (canadian made) I dont know what is inside of them ,but I can assure you ,after few puffs one quits .(good thinking).So whats up,up there.PS.any more funny stories from Canada.

Haha, I found that to be a problem as well! And every pack of cigarettes comes with some gruesome pictures glued to it.
    If what I hear is correct, a fine for smoking a cigarette inside a public place is $100 while a fine for smoking a joint indoors is like $60.

Comment

Check the label to see what company manufactures them, such as RJ Reynolds, Phillip Morris, or Brown & Williamson. I went to Holland and smoked "local" cigarettes there, but I found they were made by American companies when I checked the label, like Stuyvesants, my favorite "Dutch" brand.

$70 Canadian for a carton of cigarettes in Canada though, what a shame. That's $50 US, I pay $22 US for a carton of Pall Malls or $28 for a carton of Camels.

Maybe a trip into the US would be well worth your effort. Fill up the gas tank while your at it.
      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

By my closest estimate I've smoked 175,200 cigarettes in my life. I quit last September, but I still miss my smokey little friends.
        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Irondüke
          Check the label to see what company manufactures them, such as RJ Reynolds, Phillip Morris, or Brown & Williamson. I went to Holland and smoked "local" cigarettes there, but I found they were made by American companies when I checked the label, like Stuyvesants, my favorite "Dutch" brand.

$70 Canadian for a carton of cigarettes in Canada though, what a shame. That's $50 US, I pay $22 US for a carton of Pall Malls or $28 for a carton of Camels.

Maybe a trip into the US would be well worth your effort. Fill up the gas tank while your at it.
          I know what you mean,but Canada is the big trading partner of USA ,and there is NAFTA and stuff,could they not find some way of importing .Only one thing explains this anomaly protection of domestic producers .Canadian grown tobacco must really suck because when I'm in Europe ,USA I smoke like a chimney but in Canada after 2-3 smokes- oh! God!.By the way what did you really smoked in Holland ??. ;)

Comment

I know what you mean,but Canada is the big trading partner of USA ,and there is NAFTA and stuff,could they not find some way of importing .Only one thing explains this anomaly protection of domestic producers .Canadian grown tobacco must really suck because when I'm in Europe ,USA I smoke like a chimney but in Canada after 2-3 smokes- oh! God!.By the way what did you really smoked in Holland ??. ;)
            No, there is no way to get around the taxes other than illegally smuggling the cigarettes.

Cigarettes aren't expensive in Canada because they cost more to manufacture, they are more expensive because of the taxes, that is all. Cigarettes, whether they are imported or not, are subject to the same provincial taxes.

If you want cheaper prices, you'll have to cross the border. Considering the fact that 90% of Canadians live within 100 miles of the American border, I'm sure you could find opportunities to cross and buy a carton or two. ;)

Comment

Was wondering:
              How much is a pack of ciggarettes (Marlboros or Lucky Strikes) in America?

PS: Would be good if the price was given in Euros as well.

Comment

I buy Russian Marlboros over the internet. I pay a whooping $1.85 a pack. :)

The same cigs bought here cost about 4.50 to as much as 6.50 a pack!

Comment

Originally posted by s_qwert63
                  Was wondering:
                  How much is a pack of ciggarettes (Marlboros or Lucky Strikes) in America?

PS: Would be good if the price was given in Euros as well.
                  Damn lot with all the taxes. I don't smoke but I think it is like 5 dollars which is maybe 4 or 4.5 euros.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper

The same cigs bought here cost about 4.50 to as much as 6.50 a pack!
                    $2.75 in my state. It varies state to state, sqwert.

Can you give me a link Snipe? I think I might be interested in this online cigarette thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Leader
                      Damn lot with all the taxes. I don't smoke but I think it is like 5 dollars which is maybe 4 or 4.5 euros.

Here they're 3.90 Euros per pack.
                      Raised from 3.30 just a few weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                        The real price for them in Russia is about 85 cents.

Comment

How much of that is tax?

Comment

Originally posted by Leader
                            How much of that is tax?

I don't know, but probably shitloads.

And every pack has to come with a ridiculous warning which no one gives a shit about, but which covers 1/2 of the pack.

Some Marlboro packs come with a little leaflet (which is about 1000 words) which describes how bad smoking is blablabla...

I think they raised the price so that the added 60 cents goes to the Health Ministry.

Edoy: They're also planning to ban smoking in bars and public places too, which is totally fucking gay - because I cannot imagine myself in a bar without smoking a ciggie.
                            Last edited by s_qwert63; 03 Jun 04,, 00:36.

Comment

When I was in Holland in July 2000 cigarettes were about 6 guilders a pack. Exchange rate then was about 2.5 guilders to the dollar, so about $2.40 a pack, the same here.

3.90 euro per pack now, works about to about $4.75 a pack. Your prices doubled in terms of US dollars :(

The only warning I remember on my Stuyvesants back then was something "Gezondheid", Gesundheit in my part of the US means sneezing, so I thought that was pretty funny :)

smakklekaten smakklekaten allemal :) roken verboden

Comment

Working...
                              X