This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderate this thread

Someone please moderate this thread: http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/showthread.php?t=2121

I would like to see some permanent mods in the Asian Issues forums. Too many Indian and **** flames. If you are running short of moderators, I'ld be willing to help out. Got lot's of experience with this sort of stuff. Just need to keep the forum's clean.
    If you disagree with me, you are wrong!

A moderator is there...your reading his post. Correct me if I'm wrong. But whats so bad about recognising a problem, namely wahabbi subjegation of other branches of Islam? The problems in Kashmir and the Indian-Pakistani border are also noted, but that discussion's not about them.

Comment

Originally posted by lexxwern
      Someone please moderate this thread: http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/showthread.php?t=2121

I would like to see some permanent mods in the Asian Issues forums. Too many Indian and **** flames. If you are running short of moderators, I'ld be willing to help out. Got lot's of experience with this sort of stuff. Just need to keep the forum's clean.
      There have been permanent mods in the Asian forum since it was created.

Neither visioninthedark or aryan said a thing about Indians in that thread, so I don't see what the problem is.

BTW, you shouldn't say "****", they regard it as a racist term.
      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

WE'LL GET THE ARAB ANIMALS BEHIND THIS .... AN BY GOD WHAT THE US DID TO THESE SICK MENTAL RETARDS IN ABU GHRAIB IS NOTHING COMPARED WHAT WE'LL DO TO THEM
        they can go off and finger themselves to frothing orgasmic excitement .... URDU is Pakistani and there to remain forever .... these scum don't even count ...
        these are the sort of comments i wanted filtered out. these comments do nothing but promote hate and are generally considered offensive. which universe is this running on?

im not saying they are bashing indians. heh .. you got me all wrong. this thread required urgent attention. how can the above two quotes from that thread not be considered offensive to Arab national's and people in general?

Comment

Lunatock,
          I don't know if you and I are viewing differnet threads. Did I say there is a problem discussing Wahabism, and did I say they were discussing the Indo-Pak problem? The thread is offensive to most people, and my request was for a permanent and active mod to put an end to the childish India vs Pak battle's that go on elsewhere in that forum.

Irondüke,
          Once again I haven't complained saying "..they were abusing Indians.." Go thru the thread as a neutral observer and you can easily see that there are a number of offensive remarks.

>
          > BTW, you shouldn't say "****", they regard it as a racist term.
          >
          hmm I thought Pak meant pure.. Anyway I shouldn't say **** but the following mentioned in that thread seems to be allowable:
          + ARAB ANIMALS
          + US DID TO THESE SICK MENTAL RETARDS IN ABU GHRAIB
          + SICK ANIMALS
          + Sick bastards
          + find out who these dogs are and hang them from street lamps
          + they can go off and finger themselves to frothing orgasmic excitement
          + these scum don't even count ...

it's sad to see my rational comment being filtered out and comments which do nothing but promote hate and be offensive are allowed to stay.

Comment

I'm also a mod Lex, i didn't see anything wrong with the thread either.

Comment

Read the quotes in my previous prev comments dude .. nothing offensive? I refuse to believe this..
              -------------------------------
              edit:
              the thread itself is not wrong, by moderate I just want the offensive remarks to be removed, not the entire thread itself //
              Last edited by lexxwern; 28 May 04,, 04:41.

Comment

these are the sort of comments i wanted filtered out. these comments do nothing but promote hate and are generally considered offensive. which universe is this running on?

im not saying they are bashing indians. heh .. you got me all wrong. this thread required urgent attention. how can the above two quotes from that thread not be considered offensive to Arab national's and people in general?
                It's not offensive because they were referring to the terrorists that set off the car bomb in Karachi. And the second paragraph is Visions reply to an Arab that says Pakistan should stop speaking Urdu and Arabic should be it's official language.

Comment

Cmon.. One of the comments was very clearly bashing all Arab's in general. I am sure that even you'll agree that not all Arab's are terrorrists.

Oh and prisoner torture comments, should that be allowed. Your level of discreteion amazes me .. eh

Comment

All those comments are about terrorists who killed innocent people. If they were directed at posters at this forum, or decent people in general, they would be moderated. I believe he was only referring to the Arabs in question here, specifying race only to establish that they were not Pakistanis (in his opinion anyways, as I do not know whether the perpetrators were Arabs or Pakistanis).

Comment

So you are basically saying stuff like..

> WE'LL GET THE ARAB ANIMALS BEHIND THIS .... AN BY GOD WHAT THE US DID
                      > TO THESE SICK MENTAL RETARDS IN ABU GHRAIB IS NOTHING COMPARED
                      > WHAT WE'LL DO TO THEM

> they can go off and finger themselves to frothing orgasmic excitement .... URDU
                      > is Pakistani and there to remain forever .... these scum don't even count ...

.. is allowed. It's a shame really.

Comment

News Flash: Glorifying prisoner abuse, and making sleazy sexual remarks it seems is now supported by the modders.

Comment

News Flash: Glorifying prisoner abuse, and making sleazy sexual remarks it seems is now supported by the modders.

Boo-hoo! This is not a kiddie board.

No need to apologise to Snipe, ZF, Horrido, and myself about the treatment of insugents and imported jihadists in Iraq, aside from the pics being taken and then used to incite hatred across the middle-east.

Comment

>> Boo-hoo! This is not a kiddie board.

So I'm sure you have the best technology in place to prevent people who would find those comments offensive to stop them from reading. There's a differnece between kiddie boards and general decency. I find your excuses a little more than piss poor. All you had to do was replace 2 comments with some stars/asterics, that was the correct thing to do. Anyways atleast I have a better understanding of the standards here.

Cheers!

Comment

Glad you caught on captain micro-manage. And so some kid could surf the web unsupervised and see one of the posts in all it's potty mouth glory. It's not the Moderator's fault or problem said impressionable youth was allowed to wander onto this site without either parent or guardian watching what sites they visit.

Get off the moral high ground already because you don't like the way the mods work. And while you at it feel free to attack all the not doing a damn thing to correct the tasteless, unwholesome moderating the admins do on this board.

Comment

Working...
                              X