Karachi Terrorist Serial Bombing - Breaking News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karachi Terrorist Serial Bombing - Breaking News

WE'LL GET THE ARAB ANIMALS BEHIND THIS .... AN BY GOD WHAT THE US DID TO THESE SICK MENTAL RETARDS IN ABU GHRAIB IS NOTHING COMPARED WHAT WE'LL DO TO THEM, THEIR WOMEN AND CHILDREN, AS SOON AS WE GET A HOLD OF THESE SICK ANIMALS!!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapc...mbs/index.html

Karachi bombs near U.S. offices
    Wednesday, May 26, 2004 Posted: 11:42 AM EDT (1542 GMT)

A car burns in flames after second explosion outside the Pakistan-American cultural center.

(CNN) -- Two car bombs have killed a police officer and wounded at least 22 people near a U.S. diplomat's residence in Karachi, Pakistani police have said.

The first blast took place outside the Pakistan-American cultural center in downtown Karachi, not far from the residence of the American consul general. One man was injured, police said.

The second explosion -- also believed to be a car bomb -- happened nearby 25 minutes later as police, bomb disposal experts, ambulance crews and reporters gathered in response to the first explosion.

A police officer died in the second blast, while at least eight journalists, four police officers, and several bomb disposal personnel and ambulance drivers were wounded.

A U.S. State Department official said the fact that the blasts were staggered suggested the bombers attempted to cause maximum casualties by using the first bomb to draw people to the site before second one detonated.

The Pakistan-American cultural center -- a private English-language school not affiliated with the U.S. government -- has 1,000 students, mostly non-elite middle-class children, the official said.

The official said that while the motive is unclear, the bombers don't appear to have been targeting the American consul general's residence, which is about 150 meters from the school and the explosions, or other U.S. facilities.

"Given the amount of planning involved, they obviously did their research" and would know the cultural center is not a U.S. facility, the official said. He added that because it was a "soft target," the center was vulnerable.

For the moment, the official said, the United States is tightening security at its facilities in Karachi.

"We aren't clear what the situation is, so for the time being we are at an even higher state of alert than we usually are in Pakistan, which is already high," the official said.

The two bombings put police on edge in Karachi, causing alarm an hour later when an apparent gas leak in a garage caused an explosion.

CNN producer Syed Mohsin Naqvi in Islamabad and CNN State Department Producer Elise Labott in Washington contributed to this story.

Sick bastards... ISI should find out who these dogs are and hang them from street lamps. Today Pakistan has let the arabs kill our population again.. How many are we going to allow?

They want to turn Pakistan into al-Bakistan...

Comment

Vision, I was going through the web when I came across this wahabi arab forum:

http://forums.gawaher.com/index.php?...ic=7260&st=120

Just read what they say about our nation and people, its proof if any that this Islamic religion is just a crude form of Arab imperialism. I don't think all muslims are bad, but certain ideologies that masquerade as islam are evil and need to be eliminated.

Comment

That's wahabbism alright. Just like one Mosque I've since broke away from. And a large percentage of the Mosques in the United States are run by Wahabbi's.

So far I've noticed minor chest beating, trash talk, and rants about Chechen Sufi's, and now Pakistani Muslim by Wahabbis. Anti-Americanism on that board is a no brainer.

Surprisingly saed_bin_bashir only says all Muslim countries, guess he doesn't want to rush along too fast. And it's not surprising that even the pdf mullah's go right for the throats of wahabbi's like saed.

I think every Muslim country should adopt Arabic as its national and official language, Arabic is not just the language of Arabs it is the language of Muslims.

Most Pakistanis cannot even speak Urdu (a made up language); our people have our own languages Punjabi, Pashto, Balochi, Sindhi and other languages which are offshoots of these.

We Pakistanis should keep our mother tongues (Punjabi, Pashto, Balochi, Sindhi etc.) and use them amongst ourselves but the official and national language should be Arabic, the language of our religion.

The word Pakistan would be a problem though, in Arabic there is no ‘P’, and ‘Pakistan’ means ‘Land of the Pure’, what does Bakistan mean?

Even the provinces wont work, we’ll get away with Sindh and Sarhad but the names Balochistan and Punjab would be a problem.

Unless we amend the Arabic alphabet to suit our region.

Comment

they can go f*ck themselves .... URDU is Pakistani and there to remain forever .... these scum don't even count ...

Edited by Ironduke

Comment

Lexxworm, mind your own business.

You are not a moderator, don't try to act like one.

There is NOTHING WHATSOEVER wrong with either Vision or Aryans statements in this thread.

Blademaster...what are you talking about?

Comment

Aryan and vision weren't doing anything wrong in this thread. The bickering has been deleted. Do try to get back on subject everyone.

Comment

WASHINGTON: The US embassy in Islamabad and the consulate in Karachi on Thursday told Americans in Pakistan that they should review their security precautions in light of the attack which they said was an indication that terrorists continued to look for unofficial or “soft” targets to hit.

“While the Pakistan-American Cultural Center is not affiliated with the US government, this is a reminder that soft targets, including those identified as American, may be targeted in Pakistan,” the consulate said in its notice. In its notice, the embassy said the threat was particularly high in Sindh and Balochistan provinces.

The notices were provided to AFP in Washington by the State Department. The attack came as Karachi police on Monday claimed they had smashed a terror group called Harkatul Mujahideen Al Aalami, whose members were blamed for a suicide car bomb attack outside the US consulate in June 2002, killing 12 Pakistanis.

It also occurred less than 24 hours after a bomb exploded at the Karachi port on Tuesday, killing two people and injuring two others and followed a warning from the US embassy in Islamabad two weeks ago that said the threat of terrorism in Pakistan was “high”.

The notice said a series of attacks and attempted attacks in and around Karachi in March and early April indicated that extremists may be plotting additional strikes, particularly against soft targets.

Comment

Sniper/All those interested: http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/showthread.php?p=25179
                  If you disagree with me, you are wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by aryan
                    Vision, I was going through the web when I came across this wahabi arab forum:

http://forums.gawaher.com/index.php?...ic=7260&st=120

Just read what they say about our nation and people, its proof if any that this Islamic religion is just a crude form of Arab imperialism. I don't think all muslims are bad, but certain ideologies that masquerade as islam are evil and need to be eliminated.
                    Aryan,

For once I agree with you.

All Muslims are NOT Bad. Idiotic chaps who pretend to be the *** bearers of Islam and devastate are bad. The sad part is that theya re the majority. Folks like you and Vision should try to do something. However, knowing the mindset and rigidity of interpretation, I can say staright away that you will fail.

I take consolation that good folks like you too are there as many of my Moslem friends.

You can't beat the Mullahs or the fatwas!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                      Aryan,

For once I agree with you.

All Muslims are NOT Bad. Idiotic chaps who pretend to be the *** bearers of Islam and devastate are bad. The sad part is that theya re the majority. Folks like you and Vision should try to do something. However, knowing the mindset and rigidity of interpretation, I can say staright away that you will fail.

I take consolation that good folks like you too are there as many of my Moslem friends.

You can't beat the Mullahs or the fatwas!
                      I've been on quite a few "islamic" forums recently, and whenever I present my views, I end up being labelled an infidel. I don't think all muslims are extremist, but 99% of religious forums I've been on seem to follow this wahabi ideology. I've given up trying to disuade them, I can only try to use reason with them, whereas they prefer to evoke or hide behind the will of god, as if they were god themselves. Trying to educate or them is a waste of time.

Comment

First of all if you go with the username "aryan" you'll be flamed .. :P
                        Try something more Arab. Rigid moslem's don't like the rest of the races.

just kiddin'

Good Morning everyone!
                        If you disagree with me, you are wrong!

Comment

I thin Aryan is a swell chap when he is not on a flaming mission.

Obviously, he will support his country. Though that fair skin stuff is a bit off colour.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Islam was a great religion, it was ahead in all, but due to recent circustances of Fundamentalists, Extremists, Idiots, and other Non-Muslims who claim to be Muslims degraded Islam to it's lowest level.

See, these same wahabbis have taken away the rights of women, children, the helpless, they've totally changed the rules of Islam, by my God, I hope these Fundamentalists and Extremists who continue to degrade my religion be sent to hell.

Comment

We will get the scum behind this... They will pay for every drop of blood they spilt on that day with intrest!

Comment

Working...
                              X