Keeping a wound open - be warned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping a wound open - be warned

Stealing an idea from an Arfcommer. Where was everyone on September 11th 2001?

Shortly before waking up as I do any other day, I was shortly woken up by a nieghbor yelling about something, then dozed off again.

9:30ish shortly after starting the day, turned on the Howard Stern show..and was scratching my head as to why he was ranting about nuking the middle east...until he mentioned turning on CNN. Off went the radio, and on went the t.v. The first thing that appeared after finding CNN was the hole in Tower 1 with smoke billowing out of it. Then footage of the second plane hitting the other tower.

Made it in time to see both the towers collapse, and was turning away from the t.v. to use or answer the phone concerning all six cousins that used to work in the world trade center. They were fortunate enough for three to be elsewhere when the attacks happened, two evacuated the building, and the last one almost helped a FDNY fireman carry a hose up the stairs, before to younger employees cut him off and helped the fireman instead.

The three relatives working there managed to get out and find each other right before the tower collapsed. They were more fortunate than roughly 3000 other people, including the friend of my cousin that died in the collapse. She showed me a card resembling a backstage pass that the friends & relatives of those who died received while I was in New York towards the middle of September.

I was pulling through the drive-thru at McDonalds, needed a steak and egg bagel to start my day, as the first plane hit. Confused reports flooded the raido and I switched from morning shock-jock to the light crackle of AM news radio. By the time the second plane hit the south tower I was at the office. When the third plane hit the Pentagon, we called it a day, so the search for friends and family could begin.
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

The 1st plane hit while i was in 1st Period SS class at school, we were learning about the 3 branches of the US govt (as all 8th graders do in NYS). At around 8:45 I felt this sudden urge to get to a TV (now I know what I felt this urge)

The 2nd plane hit while I was taking a science test in 2nd period, I belive this is also when the 2nd tower was hit and the 1st tower collasped and the Pentagon was hit.

The 2nd (south ?) tower fell during my lunch time (10:30) and around the same time Lancaster County (PA) sheriff's deputies responded to a report of a plane crashing in a field (flight 93).

3 of my family members were FDNY firefighters at the time, one was a Battalion Chief, thankfully, all survived.
      Last edited by ChrisF202; 26 May 04,, 00:44.

Comment

Working...
      X