Road fatality claims Aurora man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road fatality claims Aurora man

Bill was my stepdad and I would like if you guys could say a prayer for him.

STAFF REPORT
    Mesabi Daily News
    Last Updated: Wednesday, May 12th, 2004 12:11:26 AM

BIWABIK — An Aurora man has died at the scene following a one-vehicle accident where the GMC Suburban he was driving left Highway 135 and ended up in Embarrass Lake.

William Roland Creighton Jr., 50, of Aurora was traveling eastbound on the highway near County Road 138, or Giants Ridge Road, when the accident happened at 11:37 a.m. Tuesday, according to a State Patrol report.

The preliminary investigation has yet to reveal whether Creighton was wearing a seat belt.

The accident remains under investigation by the State Patrol.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Originally posted by Irondüke
    Bill was my stepdad and I would like if you guys could say a prayer for him.

STAFF REPORT
    Mesabi Daily News
    Last Updated: Wednesday, May 12th, 2004 12:11:26 AM

BIWABIK — An Aurora man has died at the scene following a one-vehicle accident where the GMC Suburban he was driving left Highway 135 and ended up in Embarrass Lake.

William Roland Creighton Jr., 50, of Aurora was traveling eastbound on the highway near County Road 138, or Giants Ridge Road, when the accident happened at 11:37 a.m. Tuesday, according to a State Patrol report.

The preliminary investigation has yet to reveal whether Creighton was wearing a seat belt.

The accident remains under investigation by the State Patrol.
    Thats really sad man. I'll pray for him

Comment

I emailed the editor, they made a few mistakes. He was indeed buckled up, they had to cut the belt to remove him, and the buckle was fastened. He was driving a GMC Jimmy, not a Suburban.

Comment

Originally posted by Irondüke
        I emailed the editor, they made a few mistakes. He was indeed buckled up, they had to cut the belt to remove him, and the buckle was fastened. He was driving a GMC Jimmy, not a Suburban.
        I was going to say, isn't it obvious whether a person is wearing a seatbelt or not?

What sort of accident was it?

Comment

My foster mom wrote a prayer for him on his prayer group:

Dearest Heavenly Father, Death is always difficult to hear of, but unexpected Accidental Death is so devastating. No one is prepared to loose a loved one but we know within our hearts that when something such as this happens that You had a reason for allowing it. We may not understand and we certainly can’t see the reason but we can stand on our Faith and know in our hearts that You will indeed see us through this. You will help us to concentrate not on today’s pain and sorrow, but on Heaven’s Glorious Tomorrow! Father we ask Your loving intervention in this precious family today. We ask You to comfort them as only You can Father. We ask You to give them the Peace That Passeth Understanding. Father this Gentleman was having dialysis and we know what a debilitating thing that is, no longer does he have to sit or lay for hours while hooked to this machine so it can clean his blood, no longer the pain and discomfort of having the health problems he had! We ask You to comfort his entire family enwrapping each of them in Your loving and caring arms, we ask this in the Loving and Precious name of Jesus! We shall give You all of the Praise and Glory for all that you are about to do Father! Amen & Amen

Comment

Originally posted by aryan
            I was going to say, isn't it obvious whether a person is wearing a seatbelt or not?

What sort of accident was it?
            He had a heart attack when he was driving down the highway at 55 miles an hour, he went into the ditch and his truck went into the lake.

Comment

I'm so very sorry Irondüke. I know you're probably sick of hearing that right now, but everyone is, and will want to tell you. Take it as it is given, an expression of our love and support. If there is anything I can do, please let me know.

Dearest God please take William into your care.
              Give his strength to those who feel his loss the most.
              Show him happiness free from pain.
              Allow his memory to guide those who knew him.
              And let him see his loved ones prosper.
              No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
              I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
              even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
              He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Working...
              X