Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever been to the DOD airshow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever been to the DOD airshow?

Hello, I have been to several airshows in my life but I have always wanted to see the DOD show at Andrews AFB. Has anyone ever been? Is it the best military airshow or is there another?

Thanks,

S
    "He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."
    General Jack D. Ripper

Isnt the one in OshKosh Ohio supposed to be the biggest?

I go to Willowgrove NAS usually....that's a real good show too, but not THAT big.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper View Post
      Isnt the one in OshKosh Ohio supposed to be the biggest?

I go to Willowgrove NAS usually....that's a real good show too, but not THAT big.
      Yes but that is more about civilian owned planes I believe. The DOD show I have heard is the largest Military show of its kind. I was just wondering if someone here had ever been and could tell me what it was like or if it is the biggest.

S
      "He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."
      General Jack D. Ripper

Comment

RE: Has anyone ever been to the DOD airshow?

I have, there used to be an annual air show at NASA Ames Research Center / Moffett NAS in Mt. View, California, fifthteen miles from my house. It was free to enter the base and to park your car. You can bring your own food in coolers if you want. The grandstand seats you have to pay for but, there are acres of room to watch the airshow. They are at 'show center'. There were lots of exibits and aircraft to see or walk through.

At NASA Ames/Moffett NAS I have seen the Blue Angels (USN), the Thunderbirds (USAF), Red Arrows (UK), Snowbird (Canada), Smoke Squadron (Brazil), Freece Tricolori (Italy) flight demonstration groups. I have also travelled up to 150 miles to Beal AFB and Travis AFB to see the Thunderbirds.
        A very enjoyable time for a family for little money.

I enjoy your quote from Gen Ripper. I took my younger brother and saw it the first time in 1964. It was the first movie that I saw which indicated that a fair number of people watch movies with their brains switched off!

Adrian

Comment

Working...
        X