Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI steps up watching hate group websites

FBI Steps Up Watching Web Hate Groups

CHICAGO - The FBI has increased its monitoring of hate groups' Web sites since the conviction of a white supremacist on charges he sought to have a judge murdered, agency officials said.

Agents also are providing protection to a man mistakenly identified on one Web site as being a witness in the case.

Federal officials won't tolerate anyone crossing the line from protected free speech to advocating violence in the wake of Matthew Hale's conviction, said Richard K. Ruminski, the FBI's assistant special agent in charge of counterterrorism investigations in Chicago.

Ruminski said Tuesday that a couple of unnamed Web sites have been of particular concern, with views "almost threatening in nature."

One racist Web site posted an incorrect home address and cell and home phone numbers for FBI informant Anthony Evola, with the title "In Case Anyone Wants To Say Hi," Ruminski said. The address and phone numbers were really those of another man named Anthony Evola, not the person who was the key witness during Hale's trial, officials said.

"It concerns us to the point where we're going to see what legal actions can be taken in order to maybe legally take that Web site down," Ruminski said.

FBI agents and local police were providing round-the-clock protection to the other Anthony Evola, authorities said.

"You don't know who is going to show up at the house," said Joseph Evola, son of the wrongly identified Anthony Evola.

Hale, whose gospel of "racial holy war" was linked to a follower's shooting rampage five years ago that killed two people and the follower, was found guilty Monday of trying to have U.S. District Judge Joan Humphrey Lefkow killed.

Prosecutors said Hale was furious after Lefkow ordered him to stop using the name World Church of the Creator because it had been trademarked by an Oregon-based religious group that has no ties to Hale.

The Anthony Evola who testified at the trial said he became Hale's chief of security but was secretly working with the FBI because he was disgusted with Hale's racist fliers. He taped conversations with Hale in which they discussed the judge.

"Are we gonna exterminate the rat?" Evola can be heard asking Hale, who responds a short time later: "I'm going to fight within the law and, but, ... if you wish to, ah, do anything, yourself, you can."

The defense argued that Hale never asked anyone to kill the judge and that the FBI used Evola to draw him into a murder plot.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...macist_trial_1

Good. Hate groups should be watched more closely.
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Exactly. And if only you could hear the chatter (drive by insults) from Matt Hales terror sluts. They must really be jonsin' to be allowed into his cell so they can continue to suck his dick.

But alas, the FBI isn't about to allow that. They can't sucky sucky, and no matter how much I'd beg any one of them to stop and actually act apon thier desire to whoop my ass..they wouldn't. Life sucks huh? ;)

Comment

These things are the dregs of society, no better than al Qaeda.
        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Lunatock
          Exactly. And if only you could hear the chatter (drive by insults) from Matt Hales terror sluts. They must really be jonsin' to be allowed into his cell so they can continue to suck his dick.

But alas, the FBI isn't about to allow that. They can't sucky sucky, and no matter how much I'd beg any one of them to stop and actually act apon thier desire to whoop my ass..they wouldn't. Life sucks huh? ;)

Once again... hu? I got the oral sex part so don't go into that

er

Comment

Once again...feel free to ask if you don't know every aspect of my life instead of insulting me.
            Last edited by Lunatock; 15 May 04,, 19:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunatock
              Once again...feel free to ask if you don't know every aspect of my life instead of insulting me.

Oh my gosh! no! I am so sorry. I am the last person to criticize. It's my sence of humor. I poke at my self and I poked at you in the same way. I beg your pardon. I am truely sorry.

er

Comment

Originally posted by headlessbarbie
                Oh my gosh! no! I am so sorry. I am the last person to criticize. It's my sence of humor. I poke at my self and I poked at you in the same way. I beg your pardon. I am truely sorry.

er
                Ah. Well then apology accepted. In fact I should probably apologise for my fould mood.

...or should BigRoss apologise because he's been known to say that to get me keyed up?...

Comment

Working...
                X