Upgrade to vB3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade to vB3

Chris and the gang at Rochen have performed a marvelous job upgrading our forum to vBulletin 3.0.1, the newest release.

In addition to stellar graphics, vB3 adds additional functionality to the board. For example, you can easily select what skin you want to use when browsing the board from a dropdown menu at the bottom of the page. The two current skins are WAB narrow and expanded (dark), and vBulletin 3 (light).

WAB narrow automatically adjusts to fit your monitor size, and WAB expanded, is, well, expanded. :)

As you can see, the two different styles have slightly different features, whatever you like best you're free to choose.

vBulletin 3 also displays the time, name of post, and poster under the column "Last Post".

You can also expand and contract subcategories on WAB such as Equipment, Strategy & Technology, Current Military Issues, etc., by clicking on the or the on the right-hand side.

Questionable posts can now be reported to the admin and moderators by clicking the or the button above a post.

If you wish, you can enter your Yahoo, AOL, or MSN messenger address in your User Control Panel, this will then display an icon above that your post that people can click and to contact you in instant messaging.

There are many other new features with vB3, and I hope you all enjoy. Please direct all questions or comments here, and give a big thanks to Chris and the crew at Rochen!
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Nice... Thanks :)
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Say what you wnat about changing formats. I HATE it since everytime I ahve to log in and I always forget the damned 'secret' number.

I sure hate being left out of this forum because the damned number is confusing an forgotten; because in life there are so many numbers we ahve to rememebr. Bank account, army ID card, credit cards, the web links and so on and so on!

Can't it be automatic while you play your games of changing formats?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

There isn't any contrast, it's hard to see everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Praxus
          There isn't any contrast, it's hard to see everything.
          To add to the fun of upgrading the board: The view new posts option appears to have been left behind.

Comment

thanks a lot for who ever got this lighter skin...now i can browse in my office with out any probs :D :dbanana

Ray sahab,
            I dont think they changed your password!! Just enter password once and check the Remember Me check box. Make sure that your browser can save cookies!
            A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

ok just noticed...Thanks Chris and others at Rochen!! :clap:
              A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Originally posted by Lunatock
                To add to the fun of upgrading the board: The view new posts option appears to have been left behind.
                In WAB light skin, new posts is at the top next to calendar. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                  Say what you wnat about changing formats. I HATE it since everytime I ahve to log in and I always forget the damned 'secret' number.

I sure hate being left out of this forum because the damned number is confusing an forgotten; because in life there are so many numbers we ahve to rememebr. Bank account, army ID card, credit cards, the web links and so on and so on!

Can't it be automatic while you play your games of changing formats?
                  You can always have your password emailed to you.

Comment

I too am missing the "View posts since your last visit". Cos frankly i like to stick my nose into everything :)
                    at

Comment

Originally posted by Trooth
                      I too am missing the "View posts since your last visit". Cos frankly i like to stick my nose into everything :)
                      If you like WAB Light, it shows up there. We'll look into why it's not showing on WAB Expanded or Narrow.

Comment

Working...
                      X