X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brazilian Janitor Returns $10,000

Brazil's Lula Lauds Janitor Who Returned Lost Cash

Fri Mar 26, 8:20 AM ET

RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil (Reuters) - An airport janitor who returned $10,000 lost by a Swiss tourist had a private audience on Thursday with the Brazilian president, who said he was example for the country.

Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva received 55-year-old janitor Francisco Basilio Cavalcante at his palace.

Lula praised the man as "an example for all of Brazil," according to the Agencia Estado news agency.

Cavalcante, who earns about $125 a month, found the money while cleaning a bathroom at the Brasilia Airport and returned it to a Swiss tourist.

When asked by Lula whether the tourist had paid him anything to express his gratitude, Cavalcante replied: "My only wish, president, is that there abroad they would do the same for Brazilians."

The government's Agencia Brasil news agency said Lula asked the airport authority head to raise Cavalcante's salary.

Original Story
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Francisco Basilio Cavalcante's actions are beyond honorable, and will forever serve as an example of how I must try to live my life.
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

I salute this mans honesty ... wish there were more like him in this world ...

Comment

Working...
      X