Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian Cruiser recalled to port

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...4/ixworld.html

The story says it is unsafe and could blow up at any moment. This may have more to do with political infiighting than a sudden concern for safety however so take it with a dose of salt.

It is infighting between the Admiral commanding the ship and the Chief of the Russian Navy. Putim had gone on a showcased visit to the ship and there was three missile launch failures.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

does anything russian work for more than a while? (just a question)
      two wrongs dont make a right but three wrongs do. ;D

join my games site

Comment

The Russian and Soviet equipment we have goes on and on and on...............

Maybe the Russians don't know how to use their equipment. :)

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

lol sounds like a duracel battery lol
          two wrongs dont make a right but three wrongs do. ;D

join my games site

Comment

Our stuff is alot more robust than the Russians - meaning it's impossible to fix when broken, so make sure don't break it.

Russian stuff ain't all that robust, just that they're a hell of alot easier to fix. Saw an exercise a few years ago with the 1st Moscow and the thing that impressed the hell out of me was that their entire motor pool was empty, not one vehicle was in there to be fixed. Of course, some of them may be out in the field with a man using a bicycle as an engine but is an impressive feat to empty motor pools at a corps level.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
              but is an impressive feat to empty motor pools at a corps level.
              Is it possible that they towed the "hanger queens" out to an empty field whilst you were there? :)
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
                Is it possible that they towed the "hanger queens" out to an empty field whilst you were there? :)
                Could very well be but it wasn't even mentioned. The Russians (and Chinese) are very famous at doing that. If they want you to noticed something, they'll bang it over your head a 1000 times and keep reminding you until you're sick of hearing it.

It was one of those things that professional soldiers look for but don't say a word about it.

One of the biggest re-evaluation of the Chinese People's Liberation Army came at Tianamen Square where Colonels Ken Allen and Denis Blasko had a chance to see them up front without scripted action.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                  One of the biggest re-evaluation of the Chinese People's Liberation Army came at Tianamen Square where Colonels Ken Allen and Denis Blasko had a chance to see them up front without scripted action.
                  I hate to get off subject, but could you post, either here or at the appropriate board, some observations/anecdotes of Colonels Allen and Blasko?
                  Thanks
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
                  X