To OOE: Soviet Platoon Structure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To OOE: Soviet Platoon Structure

What exactly was in a Soviet Infantry Platoon?

Do one better for you.

motor rifle bn (BTR and BMP respectively)

Comment

Were soviet squads orginized around the SAW like they are in the west?
      Last edited by Praxus; 23 Mar 04,, 00:19.

Comment

No, SAW is a recent post VN development and does not fit within the Soviet/Russian doctrine. Their closest equivelent is the introduction of a sniper (ie suppression fire).

Comment

If I remember correctly, for every one Russian infantry squad there is one man with Dragunov SVD as well as one squad machine gun RPK/PKM and one man with RPG-16 although the RPG could be newer but Im not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Fury
            If I remember correctly, for every one Russian infantry squad there is one man with Dragunov SVD as well as one squad machine gun RPK/PKM and one man with RPG-16 although the RPG could be newer but Im not sure.

You are right, but there were at least 3 RPG's per Motorized Infantry platoon though.
            Also 3 AK74/GP25's.
            1 PKM
            1 SVD
            3 RPK74's.

Comment

I was wondering what is the most modern RPG type weapon today, surely the RPG-16 is outdated just as RPG-7 which is from the early 60's right? I've heard about RPG-29 or something like that

Comment

Originally posted by Fury
                I was wondering what is the most modern RPG type weapon today, surely the RPG-16 is outdated just as RPG-7 which is from the early 60's right? I've heard about RPG-29 or something like that

There was the "Muha" and I think the newest RPG is the "Vampir"

Comment

Working...
                X