No announcement yet.

Why does WAB keep loosing my password?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does WAB keep loosing my password?

Every now and then when i log in, I get a message that i incorrectly filled my password. However i know that i have correctly filled it in. This has happened to me four times now, i keep the email with my new password in it, but whenever it asks me again that password will not work, and i have to send in for a new one.

Is this standard operation for WAB?

<hint> <hint>

;)
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by Canmoore View Post
      Every now and then when i log in, I get a message that i incorrectly filled my password. However i know that i have correctly filled it in. This has happened to me four times now, i keep the email with my new password in it, but whenever it asks me again that password will not work, and i have to send in for a new one.

Not at all, in fact it's never happened to me.

I'll pass this along to Chris and see if he has any info.
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
        Not at all, in fact it's never happened to me.

I'll pass this along to Chris and see if he has any info.
        Canmoore, does your brower have the allow cookies option enabled?

Comment

I get logged out while writing long posts!
          Karmani Vyapurutham Dhanuhu

Comment

I think message boards have an automatic log-out after a period of inactivity. Check your User CP, the option to disable it might be in there.
            "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by texasjohn View Post
              Canmoore, does your brower have the allow cookies option enabled?
              That could be part of it.

Originally posted by Archer View Post
              According to vBulletin, checking the Remember Me button should prevent that.

(Although I know the very next thing you're going to say is "It's already checked!" )
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Canmoore View Post

Cammore,

I use the latest Mozilla Firefox browser. What it does is it keeps all passwords stored in its memory. So I never have to remember any of them, I just keep a copy in Gmail and one in my Mozilla browser.

It is very convinient.
                I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer View Post
                  Click "remember me" when logging in. If it is not a secure computer, remember to log out before quiting. If it is a secure computer, just quite and next time you come to the board you will log in automatically, if, as John says above, your computer allows cookies.
                  In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

The only problem i've ever had at WAB is misquotes, ie, when i hit the quote button(or someone else does), the wrong name appears in the text. That hasnt happened to me in quite a long time though.

Comment

I use firefox also. I loggin just about every day, so i dont see how it would forget my password.

However there is something wrong with quicktime pluggins on my computer. I have no idea what is wrong with my firefox or IE, or how to fix it. I have deleted firefox and IE and re-downloaded it, however the problem persists. I brought over a friend who is a computer technitcian, and even he doesnt know how to fix it.

Basically what happens is that any picture or multi-media requiring a QT pluggin wont work on my computer. When i use IE then pictures that require a QT pluggin work, however multi-media that requires a QT pluggin still wont work.

However firefox and IE remembers everysingle other password for any other site that requires one. So I dont think that has anything to do with WAB loosing my password every now and then.

Comment

Working...
                      X