13 Mar 04,, 05:01
:D

http://www.hunt101.com/img/116511.jpg

s_qwert63
13 Mar 04,, 12:28
Very funny!

Bill
23 Mar 04,, 06:59
I'm taking it they don't read english....LOL.

bigross86
23 Mar 04,, 08:55
They probably got chocolate to hold the sign and smile

smilingassassin
24 Mar 04,, 03:38
Your right....that is bad....but still very very hilarious.

tomas
24 Mar 04,, 10:54
thats just plain weird

Confed999
15 Apr 04,, 02:29
Islamic group demands inquiry into ‘gag’ photo
Reservist under investigation for claims in image

By Laura Bailey
Times staff writer

An Islamic civil liberties group has called for a Pentagon investigation into an apparent gag photograph of a Marine in Iraq taken during the last year.
In the photo, a smiling Lance Cpl. Ted J. Boudreaux Jr. is standing next to two Iraqi boys. All three have their thumbs up as one of the boys holds a cardboard sign that reads “Lcpl Boudreaux killed my Dad, th[en] he knocked up my sister!”

The photo has been circulating around the Internet for at least a month.

On April 2, a Muslim upset by the image e-mailed the photo to the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations. The organization, which describes itself as America’s largest Islamic civil liberties group, promptly issued a press release calling for an investigation, said organization spokesman Ibrahim Hooper.

“We’re asking ‘was it legitimate, what were the circumstances, did this guy do these crimes or was it a joke?’” Hooper said April 5.

In the April 2 release, the council called on the Defense Department to take action “to let military personnel know that such behavior harms America’s image and will not be tolerated.”

“If the United States Army is seeking to win the hearts and minds of the Iraqi people, this is the wrong way to accomplish that goal,” stated council executive director Nihad Awad in the release.

Boudreaux is a reservist with Headquarters and Service Company, 3rd Battalion, 23rd Marines, according to Capt. Jeff Pool, a Marine Forces Reserve spokesman. The New Orleans-based infantry unit deployed to the Kut area of Iraq in May and returned home in mid-September.

Pool said the command began an investigation shortly after it received the photo via e-mail several weeks ago.

Investigating officers have spoken with Boudreaux and are working to determine whether the claims on the sign are true and what, if any, charges to bring against him, Pool said. Investigation results were not expected to be released for another week or two, Marines Forces Reserve spokesman Capt. Patrick Kerr said April 8.

One Arab-American Marine who teaches culture to fellow military personnel called the photo “deplorable” and said such behavior is a serious issue to be addressed.

Gunnery Sgt. Jamal Baadani, the president and founder of the Association of Patriotic Arab Americans in Military, is on a one-year tour in the Middle East. There, he gives cultural lessons to newly assigned personnel and is Chief of Host Nation Training Support Coordination.

“This picture and sign directed towards a Muslim family is inexcusable,” he said via e-mail. “Inexcusable because if this lance corporal was given a basic class on Islam, he would have known that remarks such as ‘knocking up’ a Muslim Arab woman is not tolerated and violates the honor of a Muslim woman and her family.

“If it was a local Iraq Arab that did this, he would have been shot by a family member on the spot for violating their family honor,” he said.

Original Story (http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-2810106.php)

Confed999
15 Apr 04,, 02:42
Aparently the original pic in this post was faked, at least according to this: http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=59682&user=all3

Lunatock
15 Apr 04,, 04:29
Well then we can't complain.

By the way...would anyone else concur that A.N.S.W.E.R. might of been the second photos creators? Seems like the kind of nasty thing a peace movement would do.

Ironduke
19 Apr 04,, 05:41
I made this.

Ironduke
19 Apr 04,, 22:48
And I made this.

Confed999
20 Apr 04,, 01:11
LOL! You're gonna get the poor guy in more trouble. :eek:

Ironduke
20 Apr 04,, 01:36
LOL! You're gonna get the poor guy in more trouble. :eek:
There are 3 versions, one of which says "Lcpl Boudreaux saved my Dad th[en] saved my sister!" and "My country got invaded and all I got was this lousy sign."

I think the Pentagon is trying to determine what picture is actually authentic.

tomas
20 Apr 04,, 13:43
lol they are all class :biggrin:

tw-acs
21 Apr 04,, 03:45
This mockery of the United States Military and all the persons that are member of the armed services makes me sick. I am disgusted with the fact that anyone would make jokes about war. Let alone about the actions of military personnel in action or that were in action.

I am also disgusted with the persons that find humor in this pathetic display.
I am especially disgusted with persons that would post the doctored images.
I would have rather preferred to have seen the original, then the messages of the doctored photos in text, as to no further smear the US military service men and women.

tomas
21 Apr 04,, 11:06
This mockery of the United States Military and all the persons that are member of the armed services makes me sick. I am disgusted with the fact that anyone would make jokes about war. Let alone about the actions of military personnel in action or that were in action.

I would have rather preferred to have seen the original, then the messages of the doctored photos in text, as to no further smear the US military service men and women.

uh its a bit of fun calm down its 'escapism' (i think)

tw-acs
27 Apr 04,, 05:27
I will not calm down, 722 American Citizens have fallen. You shall not amuse thy self with the blood of my brethren.

There have been many more Americsn to have fallen in military engagements, some were even Wars declared by congress.

Conservatives talk up the military and military action; you show thy true colors.

Thank you for a moment of silence for the at least 827 fallen coalition soldiers.

Lunatock
27 Apr 04,, 15:47
I will not calm down, 722 American Citizens have fallen. You shall not amuse thy self with the blood of my brethren.

There have been many more Americsn to have fallen in military engagements, some were even Wars declared by congress.

Conservatives talk up the military and military action; you show thy true colors.

Do you also get pissed off by the horseplay of the Soldiers themselves? Have to fast forward the beginning of Black Hawk Down because the scrabble debate and Hoot sniping a warthog from the air makes your blood boil? I'd hate to be in the same room as you during the impersonation of Mike Steele...

Confed999
28 Apr 04,, 01:38
shall not amuse thy self with the blood of my brethren.

He's kidding right? Tock, tell me you modified his post, because that's f**king ridiculous.

It was probably some a** wipe liberal POS that re-did the picture to start with, an attempt to get a good soldier in trouble. :mad:

Officer of Engineers
28 Apr 04,, 05:47
Tw-acs,

I will give you some advice.

A high IQ does not a genius make.

Lack of experience proves you are not qualify to speak on things which you do not have experience at.

You are absolute proof of the above statements.

Lunatock
28 Apr 04,, 15:59
He's kidding right? Tock, tell me you modified his post, because that's f**king ridiculous.

It was probably some a** wipe liberal POS that re-did the picture to start with, an attempt to get a good soldier in trouble. :mad:

Nope, the busting on him was mine. But his post was his doing.

Trooth
28 Apr 04,, 20:19
I would assume that the one saying the nice things is the real photo. Which is "cute" whereas the others are nasty (whether you find them funny or not you'll admit they don't do anyone either in front or behind the camera any favours).

None of you have picked up on the irony of the boy's replica football shirt.

Confed999
29 Apr 04,, 00:15
Nope, the busting on him was mine.
Keep it up. ;)

None of you have picked up on the irony of the boy's replica football shirt.
Maybe because I wouldn't know a replica from a real one.

Trooth
29 Apr 04,, 00:56
It is a shirt of the Real Madrid football team. Nice little muslim boy, looking up to his favourite stars (Beckham, Ronaldo, Zidane etc). The very city whose trains a bunch of muslm fantics blew apart.

tw-acs
29 Apr 04,, 01:17
You insult me because I care about soldiers??????

I ask who takes care of you when you get old and shrivel like a little prune?

Youth???

I am near genius, not genius. There is a very big difference, and the score on an IQ test does determine whether someone is genius or not, near genius as this case may be.

Confed999
29 Apr 04,, 01:34
It is a shirt of the Real Madrid football team.
Ahhhh, I don't think I've ever watched an entire football (soccer) game. I wouldn't know any of the teams. I wonder why it never really took off here. I guess our football never did much there either.

Trooth
29 Apr 04,, 01:59
Ahhhh, I don't think I've ever watched an entire football (soccer) game. I wouldn't know any of the teams. I wonder why it never really took off here. I guess our football never did much there either.

The World league of American football tried to get going. In fact here we had the London Monarchs (all US players!) who played their home games at Wembley stadium (you don't get more impressive than that for a location in the sporting world).

Problem is, the game is too stop/start i think, for europeans and it goes on too long (3 plus hours as oyu know). We play Rugby as the hand "football" game which is more flowing and takes 80 mins to play (or about 100 mins including half time). Also, you can have Rugby internationals (England v Australia for example) which catches the attention a bit more than London v Frankfurt or in the NFL, Denver V San Francisco.

In terms of Football (soccer if you really must :)) the US ladies team is the best in the world and i was under the impression that the MSL was gaining ground (perhaps that was a bit of a flash in the pan like the World League). Soccer is the biggest sport played by the kids in the US, as i understand it, i could be wrong, and the US men's team got to the quarter finals of the world cup.

You also have some of the world's best teams doing a tour of the US in the summer (Liverpool, Man Utd, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Celtic i think).

Confed999
29 Apr 04,, 02:15
Problem is, the game is too stop/start i think, for europeans and it goes on too long (3 plus hours as oyu know).
It is. I wish someone cut out all but the actual plays.

In terms of Football (soccer if you really must :)) the US ladies team is the best in the world and i was under the impression that the MSL was gaining ground (perhaps that was a bit of a flash in the pan like the World League). Soccer is the biggest sport played by the kids in the US, as i understand it, i could be wrong, and the US men's team got to the quarter finals of the world cup.

You also have some of the world's best teams doing a tour of the US in the summer (Liverpool, Man Utd, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Celtic i think).
People play it, some are really good, but there aren't many soccer fans here. Not anything like you fellas over there anyway.

Lunatock
29 Apr 04,, 03:41
You insult me because I care about soldiers??????

I ask who takes care of you when you get old and shrivel like a little prune?

Youth???

I am near genius, not genius. There is a very big difference, and the score on an IQ test does determine whether someone is genius or not, near genius as this case may be.

I'm insulting you because you had a problem with us screwing around. And loosely suggested you tell those same Soldiers you claim to care about to cut that shit out if they do the exact same thing during some downtime.

tw-acs
29 Apr 04,, 04:20
I would have no problem had a soldier altered those photos. The altered photos at least two of them were posted by Ironman aka IronDuke. I went to high school with my friend Ironman. He is not a soldier.

That is my point.

Lunatock
29 Apr 04,, 15:51
I would have no problem had a soldier altered those photos. The altered photos at least two of them were posted by Ironman aka IronDuke. I went to high school with my friend Ironman. He is not a soldier.

That is my point.

Your not the only civi that knows and has been known to screw around with Soldiers, feel free to try to disrupt me when I'm in such a situation. I'm sure we ("Sgt Brutus", LCPL Willard, Sgt. Kenny Thomas (ret.) ect ect ect.) Would love to have some snot nose kid like you try to one up both, or more, of us. Or tell us to behave ourselves.

tw-acs
29 Apr 04,, 16:00
Ironman edited the photos he is not a soldier. If you are that is wonderful however it does not make you superior in my mind.

If you think it does make you superior please explain how it does?

Confed999
30 Apr 04,, 01:03
The altered photos at least two of them were posted by Ironman aka IronDuke.
Irondüke didn't try to pass off the pic as real, he said he made it. Irondüke didn't have any malicious intent. You need to learn that not everything is there to be argued with, or outraged over. Not every statement, action, or picture, you disagree with is a direct attack on your person.

tw-acs
30 Apr 04,, 01:48
did i say he had malicious intent?

No

I said I was disgusted with persons finding humor in those pics. If that includes soldiers then so be it. It is my right to say what I think, and I will. If you have a problem with it take it up with the Bill of Rights.

It all depends on what "your person" is defined as. If I believe I should express myself I will and too bad take it up with the Bill of Rights.

Praxus
30 Apr 04,, 02:21
Actually it's not your right to say what you think. This is not your property.

steviebuckstein
30 Apr 04,, 12:48
haha that is pretty funny

:D

http://www.hunt101.com/img/116511.jpg

tw-acs
30 Apr 04,, 21:39
steviebuckstein

If you think that is funny, do you think Someone beating your face to a bloody pulp to be funny?

That would be funny.

^^^That train of thought has just been derailed. No personal attacks or trying to pick fights here please.

'Tock

Ironduke
30 Apr 04,, 21:43
I thought it was funny.

tw-acs
30 Apr 04,, 22:24
And I have told you my disgust of such.

Why has the soldiers name not been completely blacked out?

Lunatock
30 Apr 04,, 23:03
Ironman edited the photos he is not a soldier. If you are that is wonderful however it does not make you superior in my mind.

If you think it does make you superior please explain how it does?

No I'm not a Soldier. Nor do I think I'm superior, just have a problem with you soccer mom types that try to decide what I can and can't find amusing. As if my own discretion isn't good enough.

Confed999
30 Apr 04,, 23:17
I thought it was funny.
It was. ;)

Leader
02 May 04,, 18:38
steviebuckstein

If you think that is funny, do you think Someone beating your face to a bloody pulp to be funny?

That would be funny.

^^^That train of thought has just been derailed. No personal attacks or trying to pick fights here please.

'Tock

Aren't you the pacifist type?

Trooth
02 May 04,, 19:08
IMHO

If the original piece of cardboard had said "killed my dad etc..." then i would have found it passable as dark humour. After all said squaddie has in all likelihood been in several life or death situations and gallows humour is probably all he really has.

However it isn't as funny if it is doctored or even created by someone sitting in a nice room in front of their PC to show off to their mates. Then it just becomes sick. Because then the kids and the soldier jst become some sort of ego trip for some sad spoddo.

just my 2p worth really.

tw-acs
03 May 04,, 17:35
Aren't you the pacifist type?

I am not pacifist. If i believe action should be taken, then action will be taken.

I was not trying to pick a fight. This is the internet.
I was making a point.

Lunatock

I have a penis. No personal attacks now. So dont call me a soccer mom. The truth is If I felt we should go to war, I would be the first person to enlist.

You can find whatever you want as amusing. That does not mean the rest of society will approve. Priests molesting little boys and priests taking advantage of distraught women, and MICHAEL JACKSON : They all found what they were doing to be amusing but now do you approve of it?

US Constitution - Bill of Rights - Amendment #1

Freedom of Speach

I will voice my opinion when I feel it necessary and if you have a problem with it take me to court.

Trooth
03 May 04,, 18:39
I don't think the bill of rights extends to privately held medium. It would be like forcing someone to print your opinion in a newspaper. The owners reserve the right to ... blah blah, rhubarb etc

tw-acs
03 May 04,, 21:55
This forum does not make a profit.

So explain to me how your logic fits.

Trooth
03 May 04,, 22:29
What has profit to do with anything?

You have a right to your opinion. Or, at best, you live in a society were it is deemed that such a thing exists and that it cannot be infringed upon by another. You also have a right to express that opinion, but your ability to express that opinion only covers things you do in isolation.

This forum is owned by others and they reserve the right to do whatever they like with their forum. Your right of free speech is curtailed by accepting to be bound by their terms of usage blah blah blah.

If you disapprove of the way this forum is handling your opinions, you can take them elsewhere. Or even set up your own forums were you can do what you like.

But what you don't have is any right to insist that your opinion be carried on someone else's property.

tw-acs
03 May 04,, 22:53
Trooth

Do you own the forum?

Trooth
03 May 04,, 22:59
Nope (despite the impression i may give :)).

Confed999
03 May 04,, 23:39
Funny how many people don't understand free speach.

tw-acs
04 May 04,, 20:24
Well as I continue to say what I think I believe I understand. I can say anything I want that does not mean that the first amendment will protect me from the consuquences of my words.

Thus far the consequences have been belligerent posts. So as I see it I am doing just fine.

Trooth
05 May 04,, 21:17
Good on you. I for one welcome the debate (either on my side or against me:)). But we have to remember that we are able to make use of our rights courtesy of the lovable forum admins therefore we can't use our rights as a defence for what we say.

Right wing war mongering capitalist zealots that they are.

oops.

ZFBoxcar
06 May 04,, 01:22
I should edit that to say "rational peace loving free-market advocating patriots that they are" :biggrin:

Trooth
06 May 04,, 01:44
:)

headlessbarbie
10 May 04,, 05:52
Sorry for interupting again... he sounds like a self rightous whiney leftist to me.

btw I am a mom and my girls play sports. Being lumped in with the winey dude is really somthing to be offended by. ;)

eryan

tw-acs
10 May 04,, 21:52
headlessbarbie-

I must compliment you on your choice of name, it fits you very well.

Who is the winey dude? (its spelled whiney)

2DREZQ
11 May 04,, 16:13
[QUOTE=tw-acs]
[QUOTE]

OK you getting a little heated? Anyone who can't make an attempt at humor in the midst of a rotten situation is a tight-@ssed Pr$ck. I've worked in ER for nearly 25 years, and laughed alot. Not because much of what I've seen is funny, but AS A WAY TO COPE WITH IT ALL! The people you are getting all holy with here have the right to have some fun. They are those who have heard high-velocity rounds go by (My SON included!), or have served where they might have. Or are, right now, sweating out the return of someone dear (My brother-in-law is in Tikrit).

So if you don't mind, or even if you do, I'll laugh all I want.

Lunatock
11 May 04,, 17:10
headlessbarbie-

I must compliment you on your choice of name, it fits you very well.

Who is the winey dude? (its spelled whiney)

If you want to nitpick, then you sound like a little kid that's getting too big for his britches.

headlessbarbie
12 May 04,, 00:54

I am sorry... self rightous and snobby whiney dude. That would be you.

eryan

tw-acs
12 May 04,, 23:36
2DREZQ

Do you mean like if you got pissed off at the school you went to for fucking you over and then you punch a wall ( I had sustained a TBI in car accident, Minnesota State law defines that all persons within the state of Minnesota attending public or private school shall have an IEP. Randolph Public Schools Randolph, MN had not written up an IEP after I had transferred schools from Arlington High School in St. Paul, MN)
Then you walkin through the hall and someone is like dude!! let me see your hand...Its broken! Looks just like mine when I broke my hand.
I am speaking now
So I shouldnt go to class....Are you sure thats what a broken hand looks like??? I should go to the hospital???

And he is like fuck yeah your hand is broken.

I had a boxers fracture of my 5th metacarpal, ask Ironman aka Ironduke.

This is not a cicumstance like that.

headlessbarbie-

What do you mean by snobby?

self-pref.
Oneself; itself: self-control.
Automatic; automatically: self-loading.

right·eous ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rchs)
adj.
Morally upright; without guilt or sin: a righteous parishioner.
In accordance with virtue or morality: a righteous judgment.
Morally justifiable: righteous anger. See Synonyms at moral.

self righteous sounds like something I want to be called. Thank you for the compliment.

I am a mom and my girls play sports. Being lumped in with the winey dude is really somthing to be offended by
-headlessbarbie

Happy Mother's Day, I know its belated but its the thought that counts right. I hope your girls have fun playin sports.

I do not understand... are you implying I am not physically active?

Lunatock

If you want to nitpick, then you sound like a little kid that's getting too big for his britches.
-lunatock

Getting too big. Thats funny. I dont think my muscles are gettin too big. And actually my britches are gettin too big. During the semester that just ended I was in weightlifting and during that 4 month class I lowered my body fat percentage by 5%. So yeah my pants keep fallin off. I worked my ass off, Literally!

Bill
13 May 04,, 03:33
Tw, you better believe the mods of this forum reserve the right to censure you at any time, for any reason we believe sound.

Your First Amendment rights do not extend to this forum.

Lunatock
13 May 04,, 18:20
I am not pacifist. If i believe action should be taken, then action will be taken.

I was not trying to pick a fight. This is the internet.
I was making a point.

Lunatock

I have a penis. No personal attacks now. So dont call me a soccer mom. The truth is If I felt we should go to war, I would be the first person to enlist.

You can find whatever you want as amusing. That does not mean the rest of society will approve. Priests molesting little boys and priests taking advantage of distraught women, and MICHAEL JACKSON : They all found what they were doing to be amusing but now do you approve of it?

US Constitution - Bill of Rights - Amendment #1

Freedom of Speach

I will voice my opinion when I feel it necessary and if you have a problem with it take me to court.

World Affairs Board - Bill of Rights

Regular posters have the right to follow board rules and be subject to action by the Moderators and Administrators apon breaking those rules.

And we do have our own little court here on this board. Your currently the most likely to find yourself in it.

Jay
13 May 04,, 19:29
where is Chris ??aka real slim shady, he just disappears when evrybody here is looking for him. :tongue:

tw-acs
13 May 04,, 22:41
Your court does not scare me. I post on this forum by request of fellow members.

The first amendment does protect me. You cannot take me to a state or federal court and pursue a case, because you do not have one.

Censure me? Why would you want to do that?

Because your a troll that doesn't listen to us when we tell you to follow the rules?

Leader
14 May 04,, 04:24
The first amendment does protect me. You cannot take me to a state or federal court and pursue a case, because you do not have one.

The first Amendment doesn't apply to private property.

Confed999
14 May 04,, 04:48
The first Amendment doesn't apply to private property.
You have the right to say whatever you want, you don't have the right to make people listen. We're just guests here, and while we're under their roof we must follow their rules. Moving under your own roof is an effective solution. :)

tw-acs
14 May 04,, 10:45
Please list in explicit detail how I breached the rules.

Lunatock
14 May 04,, 18:30
Getting smart with the moderators and saying you can visit this board and totally ignore the rules listed here.

tw-acs
15 May 04,, 02:43
I cannot force you or any person nor would I want to force anyone to turn on their computer and monitor and use the mouse to guide the computer through a seires of processes programmed by programmers so the user can type in http://www.worldaffairsboard.com
then press enter
wait
then manage to find the threads that I post on and read them. If I strapped you in a chair and made you watch a tv playing something over and over again I would be violating your rights and not properly understanding mine, though this is semantics.

Lets get back to the Politics boys and girls!!!

Lunatock
15 May 04,, 03:53
Quit trying to change the subject and quit whining about being told to fall inline.

Leader
15 May 04,, 07:15
Please list in explicit detail how I breached the rules.

It doesn't matter. If they tire of having you around, they can simply kick you out. The first amendment won't protect you.

tw-acs
15 May 04,, 07:26
I know they can kick me out and if my attitude doesnt show, I don't care.