• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hidden Massacres in Lebanon

Christian groups have accused Arafat of killing up to 40,000
    Lebanese civilians during the PLO's sojourn in Lebanon
    ((Excerpt from a much longer article))

The "massacre"

The term 'massacre' has seen increased usage over the last few years. Israel stands accused of massacres in Jenin and Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon is personally accused of sanctioning a massacre in Sabra and Shatila.

www.badil.org/Press/2001/press186-01.htm
    http://www.mallat.com/articles/theca...rielsharon.htm

Some Human Rights groups have looked to find evidence of Israeli abuses in a bid to bring charges at the International Criminal Court (established July 1 2002)

www.iccnow.org/html/the_court.htm

Others have attempted instead
    to use the Belgian law courts, which from 1993 to the present day, allow litigants to bring cases of crimes against humanity committed in any country.

news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/middle_east/newsid_1458000/1458169.stm

PLO accused in Lebanon

Some argue that any analysis of Israeli policy must be accompanied by investigation of both former and current PLO activity. Current activity is well documented (see children). Past activity is not so well documented in the Western Media... Maronite Christians, one of the largest ethnic groups living in Lebanon, www.maroniteunion.org have accused the PLO and its leader Yasser Arafat of sanctioning massacres in Lebanese Christian towns of Beit Mallat and Tall Abbas between 1982 and 1990. See:

http://www.cdn-friends-icej.ca/medig...7/letter2.html

http://www.aramaic-dem.org/palestini...and_war_cr.htm

Many pro-Palestinian commentators and supporters have dismissed attempts by Jewish groups to tarnish the PLO in Lebanon, claiming it is pro-Israeli propaganda. However, the evidence and events that unfolded there remain compelling. The sheer body of eyewitness testimony by victims and evidence of atrocities carried out by PLO in the 1970s and 1980s warrant further investigation.

Christians Accuse Arafat

Terror attacks by the PLO were seen as so bad at the time that on October 14 1976, Lebanese Ambassador Edward Ghorra told the UN, as quoted in the New York Times on October 15: "Palestinian elements belonging to various
    organisations resorted to kidnapping Lebanese and sometimes foreigners holding them prisoner, questioning them, torturing them and sometimes killing them."
    Christian groups have accused Arafat of killing up to 40,000 Lebanese civilians during the PLO's sojourn in Lebanon, which began in the 1970s after it was turfed out of Jordan during Black September.

During Black September, estimates of Jordanian and Palestinian dead numbered at least 10,000. So far no war crimes accusations have been levelled either at the PLO or at the Jordanian armed forces.

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill...587/black.html

So far no war crimes accusations have been levelled either at the PLO or at the Jordanian armed forces for Black September.Deir Ashahe destruction: Others point the finger at Arafat for the destruction of the Lebanese village
    of Deir Ashahe in 1975 with hundreds estimated to have been killed.

www.wlo-usa.org/Bulletins/bulletin49.htm

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill...87/damour.html

www.gamla.org.il/English/feature/free2.htm

www.clhrf.com/freeopinionresponses.htm
    ( continued )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Find this article at: http://www.freemiddleeast.com/PLOmassacres.asp

"They have come with chariots and horses we come in the name of G-d - they have fallen, but we arose" (Psalms 20)

Welcome aboard Human. I trust you'll behave yourself on this board and won't troll?

Comment

Nice welcome from you Lunatock, I hope you are fair, and better moderator than the Chechen one on that board...

Any comments on the post, though. :)
      Last edited by human; 03 Mar 04,, 19:24.

Comment

Originally posted by human
        Nice welcome from you Lunatock, I hope you are fair, and better moderator than the Chechen one on that board...

Any comments on the post, though. :)
        Perhaps it'd be best for you to scan all my posts and make you own opinion. Perhaps also get a good grasp on the do's and don'ts. (M21Sniper & Ironman can also be quick to clamp down on you if provoked.)

As for the post. can't say it surprises me that the PLO was doing things like that in Lebanon. And odds are crying to the world about how they themselves are in such need of a pity party and Israel should give them a break.

Seen such things like that, more than I can stand at times. "We need to start being treated as people, and not animals...but we'll still act like animals towards you." And other such happy hypocrisy such as that.

One angry Palestinian in a crowd that had some cameratime and chose to scream "America is evil!" repeatedly is on my mind right about now. Wonder what he would of done to an "evil American" if he could have?

Comment

I have to say that your opinion here is a mare hypocrisy...

Hi Lunatock,

>>>Perhaps it'd be best for you to scan all my posts and make you own opinion. Perhaps also get a good grasp on the do's and don'ts. (M21Sniper & Ironman can also be quick to clamp down on you if provoked.)<<<

Sorry to say, but unlike you, I don’t have the luxury of time; therefore, I’ll take it one at the time, and by that I’ll be sure that I am responding to your particular opinion, and not prejudging what you are.

What you are belong only to you.

As far as clamping down, let me tell you this…

If I believe I have to say something, then I will say it regardless, and if anyone will feel that he is provoked because of what I said, then it is up to him to decide what to do of it, which in particular means to me…He can’t use his pen; therefore, he is provoked, which will be a failure on his part and not mine.

>>>As for the post. can't say it surprises me that the PLO was doing things like that in Lebanon. And odds are crying to the world about how they themselves are in such need of a pity party and Israel should give them a break. Seen such things like that, more than I can stand at times. "We need to start being treated as people, and not animals...but we'll still act like animals towards you." And other such happy hypocrisy such as that. <<<

Since it is ironic to act like an animal if you don’t have the instinct of one and you are human as you say, I have to say that your opinion here is a mare hypocrisy, and if you think that the Palestinians Were acting animals in Jordan, in Syria, in Lebanon, and now in Israel, then you must have the proof, (which the world is looking for) that the Palestinians will not going to keep acting even with peace in hand; especially, when their audio speaks of peace while their video shows war…

But since you didn’t provide any evidence of your theoretical thoughts, then let me assure you that I will not take what you said seriously enough to debate.

>>>One angry Palestinian in a crowd that had some cameratime and chose to scream "America is evil!" repeatedly is on my mind right about now. Wonder what he would of done to an "evil American" if he could have?<<<

Certainly he didn’t and he will not do except what his Imam tells him to do.

Anyway, thank you for your response.

Comment

Alright.

1. What's considered worth of clamping down on is personal attacks against people or countries. We had a few Neo-Communists come here and talk trash about America. And one of them was even suspended a few times for insulting Mods & Admins.

2. It's good your not going to debate my opinion about the Pali's. That I'm like quite a few others they alienated, when they could of had supporters. (Did you hear about the Egyptian Polititian that had hundreds of shoes thrown at him at Al-Aqsa a short while back?)

Since it is ironic to act like an animal if you don’t have the instinct of one and you are human as you say, I have to say that your opinion here is a mare hypocrisy, and if you think that the Palestinians Were acting animals in Jordan, in Syria, in Lebanon, and now in Israel, then you must have the proof, (which the world is looking for) that the Palestinians will not going to keep acting even with peace in hand; especially, when their audio speaks of peace while their video shows war…
            Never said that. Just because you yourself has never done anyhting to warrant me to act like an animal, doesn't mean I can't or won't. ;)

Again, opinion. But what is yours by studying history, current events, or maybe even getting a good idea of thier behavior by associating with a semi-large group of Arabic people?

Comment

Hi Lunatock,

>>>1. What's considered worth of clamping down on is personal attacks against people or countries. We had a few Neo-Communists come here and talk trash about America. And one of them was even suspended a few times for insulting Mods & Admins. <<<

As I mentioned in my PM to you, I always try to conduct a rational debate, and I always give the other party chance to rewind his insult; therefore, he will be warned that next time around, he will get an insulting response back; however, since I will not complain unless it is a threat, this time around, I learned to copy and save the post because what usually happen is the initiator of the insult is the one who run to the complain box when his stomach became as sensitive as his Super Ego.

>>>2. It's good your not going to debate my opinion about the Pali's. That I'm like quite a few others they alienated, when they could of had supporters. (Did you hear about the Egyptian Polititian that had hundreds of shoes thrown at him at Al-Aqsa a short while back?)<<<

It seems like we ran into misunderstanding here, because I believe that I said, since you didn’t provide any proof for your theory, then it is useless to debate…

I know you don’t like the “YAKY Yack” either.

>>>Never said that. Just because you yourself has never done anyhting to warrant me to act like an animal, doesn't mean I can't or won't. ;)<<<

Ok. This is what you said: “As for the post. can't say it surprises me that the PLO was doing things like that in Lebanon. And odds are crying to the world about how they themselves are in such need of a pity party and Israel should give them a break. Seen such things like that, more than I can stand at times. "We need to start being treated as people, and not animals...but we'll still act like animals towards you." And other such happy hypocrisy such as that.”

Therefore, it sounded ironic to act like an animal with a human sprit inside, it cannot be as much as animal can act humanly even if he was a gorgeous pet, don’t you think?

Maybe you should re-edit your response, or if you don’t mind elaborate on the point.

I find it Disrespectful to deny you acting what you wish to act (what ever it is) just because you are like any one who sure can if he has the will and his warrant is not self made one to excute his long term goal and agenda…

Let me ask you this simple question: When you make any decision, you make it based on what?

>>>Again, opinion. But what is yours by studying history, current events, or maybe even getting a good idea of thier behavior by associating with a semi-large group of Arabic people?<<<

My opinion about what?

Comment

You do realise your debating everything I said with everything I said?...

Comment

Is there some "previous" here ?
                  at

Comment

It does not work with debating...

Lunatock,

You do realise your debating everything I said with everything I said?...

------------------------------------

I realized that you scan more than you read; it's a good habit when you are writing a research or a report paper, but unfortunately, it does not work with debating...
                    Last edited by human; 05 Mar 04,, 17:10.

Comment

Trooth

Is there some "previous" here ?

-----------------------

Trooth?

NO.

Comment

Here's an interesting article on Palestinians and terrorism:

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/S...genetic+defect

Comment

Hi Major_Armstrong,

]Here's an interesting article on Palestinians and terrorism:

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/S...genetic+defect

-----------------------------

Good article, thanks for the link...

Comment

Er?
                            eh?
                            Sorry you must have linked the wrong article.
                            at

Comment

Hi Trooth,

Er?
                              eh?
                              Sorry you must have linked the wrong article.

----------------------------------------------------

You mean the wrong article for you?

Comment

Working...
                              X