PDA

View Full Version : Chechen warlord dead

lurker
02 Mar 04,, 14:12
Chechen warlord dead, says Russia

By Sarah Rainsford
BBC correspondent in Moscow

Ruslan Gelayev's death and capture have been reported before
Russia's Federal Security Service, the FSB, says it has confirmed the death of Chechen rebel warlord Ruslan Gelayev.
It has released footage of a body, saying the corpse has been identified as that of the rebel commander.

According to the spokesman, the rebel leader was shot dead by border guards in the mountains of Dagestan.

It is thought he was hiding out there, following heavy fighting in December.

Ruslan Gelayev has played a prominent role in both wars in Chechnya, leading a number of brutal raids against Russian forces.

He has long figured high on Moscow's wanted-list.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3525717.stm

p.s. one by one, this end awaits them all.

Lunatock
02 Mar 04,, 16:00
Could they have taken more obscure pics? How about a closeup to show the tell tale scar across his face?

Ironduke
02 Mar 04,, 16:51
Originally posted by Lunatock
Could they have taken more obscure pics? How about a closeup to show the tell tale scar across his face?
Well, maybe it's a question of the BBC showing obscure pics.

Ray
02 Mar 04,, 18:33
RIP. The acronym can have many meanings. I would not like to mention, because I don't want to speak ill of the dead.

I sincerely hope he rests in Peace.

lurker
02 Mar 04,, 19:33

http://images.newsru.com/pict/id/large/631978_20040302111344.gif

this one?

Lunatock
02 Mar 04,, 19:44
That's the scar across his nose alright.

They appear to have added Gelayev to the list consisting of Khattab and Barayev.

Ironduke
02 Mar 04,, 19:49
Originally posted by Ray
RIP. The acronym can have many meanings. I would not like to mention, because I don't want to speak ill of the dead.
Rest in pieces?

Surely, you would not wish Hitler to rest in peace, would you?

Jay
02 Mar 04,, 21:29
when they are dead, they are dead...rest in pieces or peace will not make a difference!!

I guess world would be a better place now. They are dead, for that may be we can ask them to rest in peace!!

If Hitler didnt die he wouldve ended up in killing some more Germans and Russians and others!!

Confed999
02 Mar 04,, 22:55
Originally posted by Ray
I don't want to speak ill of the dead.
They're the only ones who really don't mind though.

Originally posted by Ironman
Surely, you would not wish Hitler to rest in peace, would you?
Yep, it's either that or zombie Hiltler! :ermm

Lunatock
02 Mar 04,, 23:13
Originally posted by Confed999

Yep, it's either that or zombie Hiltler! :ermm

Zombie Hitler would be a good thing. As long as he's lurching towards you, and theres a good blunt object to obliterate that ass pounder's head with.

Confed999
03 Mar 04,, 02:40
Zombie Hitler would be a good thing. As long as he's lurching towards you, and theres a good blunt object to obliterate that ass pounder's head with.
I'd catch it and sell it to the Enquirer!!! ;)

Ray
03 Mar 04,, 07:47
I say let the dead rest in Peace. I have seen films where they resurrect. Rememnber the film Recarnation of Peter Proud? Very powerful. I don't believe in it, but who wants an idiot ghost around?:D

Lunatock
03 Mar 04,, 16:30
Originally posted by Confed999
I'd catch it and sell it to the Enquirer!!! ;)

Replace blunt object with a sharp object, then at least I'd be able to cut his arms & legs off. And he'd still be undead enough to sell to a tabloid.

Bill
16 Mar 04,, 04:05
An undead hitler would make for an excellent and reusable silhoutte target for all manner of firearms practice. :)

Lunatock
16 Mar 04,, 17:58
Originally posted by M21Sniper
An undead hitler would make for an excellent and reusable silhoutte target for all manner of firearms practice. :)

Possible spoiler to dawn of The Dead:

Somebody mentioned a scene where the people trapped inside the mall are on the roof and making a game out of sniping zombies that look like Celebrities. :dbanana

Bill
16 Mar 04,, 22:41
My kind of game. :)

Lunatock
16 Mar 04,, 23:29
Originally posted by M21Sniper
My kind of game. :)

Hey that one looks like Mathew Lillard! *double tap* :LOL

Bill
18 Mar 04,, 09:45
Look, that one is a ringer for Robert McNamara!!!

EVERYONE...BLAST HIM!!!

Lunatock
18 Mar 04,, 16:12
Blasting celebrity's, a DOTD and Simpson's Zombie killing spree ripoff. :)

"Take that Lillard! Eat lead Trey Parker! I'm cancelling you Whedon!"

(Joss Whedon) "Now I finally get to sleep". :w00t