Question for the Army guys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the Army guys.

I've got a friend who is interested in the Army (Of course, I tried to talk him out of it.. No offense :P ) and he was wondering what would be required of him to join? The basic requirements to ship to boot, to graduate, shooting requirements, etc. etc. I looked at the info online, but numbers varied so greatly, I didn't know if I should trust it or not. If anyone can help, that'd be great.

Clean criminal record, HS diploma, general good physical shape, and a willingness to take the oath to defend the constitution of the united states against all enemies, foriegn and domestic.

The very same oath Jarheads swear as well....i believe. ;)

Comment

Except the Jarhead one includes "I sweer to get into as many bar fights as humanly possible";)

Comment

Originally posted by Praxus
        Except the Jarhead one includes "I sweer to get into as many bar fights as humanly possible";)
        lol :)

Comment

I just joined about a month ago

Basicaly what sniper said, they have certian height/weight standards, you dont necessarily need a clean record but it helps. you may be excluded from jobs with MI or MP if u have a record. Other than that you need to score over 50 on the asvab to get a bonus for certain mos's. the whole process is relatively simple.

army is changing their bct also, im not sure when that takes place but it will be longer with more emphasis in shooting i think among other things.
          They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          --Benjamin Franklin

There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty.--John Adams

Comment

Working...
          X