PDA

View Full Version : Liberal media bias

mcdelroy
27 Sep 06,, 00:22
Assuming you agree with me that other then conservative am radio shows, there is a obvious liberal media bias which successfully manipulates the majority of the US population, what gives rise to this bias? What allows the US media to get away with it?

Marc

Canmoore
27 Sep 06,, 00:29
American media is far out in right field picking cookies out of there arseholes compared to Canadian media. You guys dont even know what Liberal Biased media is like untill you watch the CBC. Canada's "publicly" funded national television station. However when you watch it you would think that it is funded solely by cuppacino suckers in Toronto.

Just watch the National, every word, ever paragraph is filled with ant-american, anti-harper poison. Its aweful. And CTV isnt much better. The CBC only has a single conservative program on it, and they have been trying to cancel it for years. The only thing CBC is good for (was) Hockety Night in Canada. But now TSN bought out the rights for that.

But hey i guess thats what you get when all private media outlets are owned by only two private parent companies.

Parihaka
27 Sep 06,, 01:01
American media is far out in right field picking cookies out of there arseholes compared to Canadian media. You guys dont even know what Liberal Biased media is like untill you watch the CBC. Canada's "publicly" funded national television station. However when you watch it you would think that it is funded solely by cuppacino suckers in Toronto.

Just watch the National, every word, ever paragraph is filled with ant-american, anti-harper poison. Its aweful. And CTV isnt much better. The CBC only has a single conservative program on it, and they have been trying to cancel it for years. The only thing CBC is good for (was) Hockety Night in Canada. But now TSN bought out the rights for that.

But hey i guess thats what you get when all private media outlets are owned by only two private parent companies.

Same here in NZ. The state run TV is quietly snobbish about the US, private TV (Canwest owned) is so liberal you need a bath after watching it.
Only Sky shows a modicom of impartiality.

dalem
27 Sep 06,, 04:17
Journalism is a very "liberal" liberal art and field of study. Folks that tend to pursue journalism and "the arts" (whether print, film, or broadcast) tend to trend more toward the liberal/lefty end of the political spectrum, just as the military and other similar types of organizations tend to draw the conservative-minded. And over time these traits become sort of self-selecting, therefore increasing the skew in each direction.

In my opinion anyone who doesn't expect a liberal bias in the media is being foolish, let alone someone who claims not to recognize one.

-dale

GVChamp
30 Sep 06,, 00:52
In general, I'd venture to say that nearly half of the educated people in this country trend liberal. Those that ARE moderate or conservative are more likely to pursue a more "practical" course of study...leaving academia, IE idealist journalists, to be a liberal-dominated field.
The bias may be liberal, but they'll hammer the Democrats, too; Democrats don't always act in a liberal manner.
Now, if you show me where the media has EVER bashed the Green Party, I'd be happy. :)

Low-tech
01 Oct 06,, 02:26
the green party is usually ignored by the media<nader being the exception in the 2000 election.>, if the big media networks raises the issue to condemn the greens it raises thier actual importance nationwide.

local elections is where they are focused anyway.

AntiSatellite
02 Oct 06,, 02:56
Good question

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/4012/newsweekcoversyt8.jpg

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=52&threadid=1934956&enterthread=y

YellowFever
02 Oct 06,, 05:26
So what are yo suggesting AntiS?

That the media here in the US is biased?

Or that we're not told them truth about world affairs?

BTW....those people that posted on the board you linked to...

.....once again jumped to the wrong conclusion.