PDA

View Full Version : Iraqis Honour Us Liberators

visioninthedark
25 Feb 04,, 13:25
http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/kalat.asp

This statue was made by an Iraqi artist named Kalat, who for years was forced by Saddam Hussein to make the many hundreds of bronze busts of Saddam that dotted Baghdad. This artist was so grateful that the Americans liberated his country, he melted 3 of the fallen Saddam heads and made a memorial statue dedicated to the American soldiers and their fallen comrades. Kalat worked on this night and day for several months. To the left of the kneeling soldier is a small Iraqi girl giving the soldier comfort as he mourns the loss of his comrade in arms. It is currently on display outside the palace that is now home to the 4th Infantry division. It will eventually be shipped and shown at the memorial museum in Fort Hood, Texas.

http://www.crossroadusa.com/images/kalat.jpg

http://www4.army.mil/ocpa/uploads/large/sculpture2004-01-06.jpg

truly moving ... this really moved me ...

all that death; all those innocent people killed like animals; all because of the madness of one man and his evil spawn; sad-damn!!!

Confed999
25 Feb 04,, 21:19
Thanks for the post visioninthedark.

smilingassassin
26 Feb 04,, 01:53
Good to see that some really genuinely apreciate what the U.S. did for Iraq not only for its own personal security but Iraq's as well. I have no doubt that Iraq has a golden chance to become a truely great nation that can co-exist with the rest of the civilized world.

tomas
26 Feb 04,, 09:52
yes here here peace all round :Beer

s_qwert63
26 Feb 04,, 23:13
that guy is shit,
look at how disproportionate the girl is.

Confed999
26 Feb 04,, 23:56
Originally posted by s_qwert63
that guy is shit,
You're better? Let's see your work. :roll

s_qwert63
27 Feb 04,, 00:32
Originally posted by Confed999
You're better? Let's see your work. :roll

You bet your ass I am.
Better than that idiot - and my work back from school (when I was assed to do art) is on exhibition, so I can't obtain it. Go find out for yourself please - The British School in the Netherlands.

Confed999
27 Feb 04,, 00:52
You bet your ass I am.
Better than that idiot - and my work back from school (when I was assed to do art) is on exhibition, so I can't obtain it. Go find out for yourself please - The British School in the Netherlands.
Sorry, just like most everything you say, if you can't prove it, it isn't real. Still that's pretty funny, your stuff is on display yet you don't even have 1 picture. A real artist would never call someone else's creation "shit" because they understand art comes from the soul, and that expression is never wrong. Grow up s_qwert63.

s_qwert63
27 Feb 04,, 01:05
I'm not an artist.
And his work is truly a piece of shit, look at how unproportionate the girl is, her headis too big to even be balanced on her shoulders. If hetruly feels "liberated" both physically and emotionally he could have come up with better stuff, I guess that is what making the busts of one man all your life does to you. Even the girls face, which is stuck to an enourmous head looks like Saddam!

Confed999
27 Feb 04,, 04:36
I'm not an artist.
That's what I said.

I don't believe art has to be photograph perfect, and I'm sure van Gogh and Dali would agree with me. You can spend your time being critical of someone else's vision, or you can enjoy it for what it is and move on. I think it looks good, and if it was meant to evoke emotion, it worked on me.

Trooth
27 Feb 04,, 12:54
Art is for the beholder. Clearly, s_qwert63, your only interest is in art as a documentation device. Others have different views and uses for art.

Also. I would do some research. But i am unwilling to bother since i assume that your attributation on your work is not likely to be "Artist : s_qwert63". Without knowing your name it would be pointless. Therefore it is down to you to provide the evidence.

Ironduke
27 Feb 04,, 14:30
Even the girls face, which is stuck to an enourmous head looks like Saddam!
At that age, the head is very disproportionate compared to the body.

visioninthedark
27 Feb 04,, 14:54
in my opinion; its NOT the quality of the art (IN THIS SPECIFIC CASE) that is important, but the message and emotions conveyed by the art that are important!

tomas
01 Mar 04,, 11:01
yes i agree with you totally its emotion not what it looks like.

s_qwert63
01 Mar 04,, 20:36
OK, you win!

tomas
02 Mar 04,, 08:33
yeah we win :Beer :Beer :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana but you did have a slight point

Major_Armstrong
29 Mar 04,, 03:14
Some related news.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/latestnewsstory.cfm?storyID=3545668&thesection=news&thesubsection=world

Major_Armstrong
29 Mar 04,, 03:33
http://www.ub2b.com/images/911flag.jpg

tomas
29 Mar 04,, 10:37
huh? whats that mean to be apart from the American flag

Trooth
29 Mar 04,, 18:19
If you wish to read meaning into refraction and light scatter patterns, you can see a cross in the stars.

Confed999
29 Mar 04,, 22:52
Originally posted by Trooth
If you wish to read meaning into refraction and light scatter patterns, you can see a cross in the stars.
Pretty though. ;)

Major_Armstrong
30 Mar 04,, 00:23
This is interesting:

http://www.faithfreedom.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=219

Confed999
30 Mar 04,, 02:07
Originally posted by Major_Armstrong
This is interesting
Definately...

Believe me. in the past, it was my thought, when I'd see something
wrong, to not say any thing and keep going on my way ,
Something changed after the 9th of April. I can no longer accept the
wrong ways, and I am more than ever realizing what is happening, and I
see things so clearly,
I know that I've got to right things, I might be killed dead,
anytime, for it

-Sarmad Faraj
This guy should be in the government, anyone's government.

Trooth
30 Mar 04,, 16:22
Originally posted by Confed999
Pretty though. ;)

Oy aye. But the prettiest bit, for me, is the sun itself and the effect it has on us all.

And, as many films and books have said. No matter who we are we all get warmed by the same sun.

Nature nearly awlays produces the best art.

Confed999
31 Mar 04,, 08:00
Originally posted by Trooth
Nature nearly awlays produces the best art.
Man can't truly compete with God... or nature, whatever. ;)

griftadan
20 Aug 04,, 23:16
I'm not an artist.
And his work is truly a piece of shit, look at how unproportionate the girl is, her headis too big to even be balanced on her shoulders. If hetruly feels "liberated" both physically and emotionally he could have come up with better stuff, I guess that is what making the busts of one man all your life does to you. Even the girls face, which is stuck to an enourmous head looks like Saddam!

wow, your a fucking asshole. the point of the statue isnt to be a work of art fucker, its to show gratitude for the americans who died in iraq

what a bitch..

Aryan
20 Aug 04,, 23:36
wow, your a fucking asshole. the point of the statue isnt to be a work of art fucker, its to show gratitude for the americans who died in iraq

what a bitch..

Am I the only one who read the entire article?