Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iraqis Honour Us Liberators

http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/kalat.asp

This statue was made by an Iraqi artist named Kalat, who for years was forced by Saddam Hussein to make the many hundreds of bronze busts of Saddam that dotted Baghdad. This artist was so grateful that the Americans liberated his country, he melted 3 of the fallen Saddam heads and made a memorial statue dedicated to the American soldiers and their fallen comrades. Kalat worked on this night and day for several months. To the left of the kneeling soldier is a small Iraqi girl giving the soldier comfort as he mourns the loss of his comrade in arms. It is currently on display outside the palace that is now home to the 4th Infantry division. It will eventually be shipped and shown at the memorial museum in Fort Hood, Texas.

truly moving ... this really moved me ...

all that death; all those innocent people killed like animals; all because of the madness of one man and his evil spawn; sad-damn!!!

Thanks for the post visioninthedark.
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Good to see that some really genuinely apreciate what the U.S. did for Iraq not only for its own personal security but Iraq's as well. I have no doubt that Iraq has a golden chance to become a truely great nation that can co-exist with the rest of the civilized world.
      Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

yes here here peace all round :Beer
        two wrongs dont make a right but three wrongs do. ;D

join my games site

Comment

that guy is shit,
          look at how disproportionate the girl is.

Comment

Originally posted by s_qwert63
            that guy is shit,
            You're better? Let's see your work. :roll
            I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
            even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
            He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
              You're better? Let's see your work. :roll
              You bet your ass I am.
              Better than that idiot - and my work back from school (when I was assed to do art) is on exhibition, so I can't obtain it. Go find out for yourself please - The British School in the Netherlands.

Comment

You bet your ass I am.
                Better than that idiot - and my work back from school (when I was assed to do art) is on exhibition, so I can't obtain it. Go find out for yourself please - The British School in the Netherlands.
                Sorry, just like most everything you say, if you can't prove it, it isn't real. Still that's pretty funny, your stuff is on display yet you don't even have 1 picture. A real artist would never call someone else's creation "shit" because they understand art comes from the soul, and that expression is never wrong. Grow up s_qwert63.

Comment

I'm not an artist.
                  And his work is truly a piece of shit, look at how unproportionate the girl is, her headis too big to even be balanced on her shoulders. If hetruly feels "liberated" both physically and emotionally he could have come up with better stuff, I guess that is what making the busts of one man all your life does to you. Even the girls face, which is stuck to an enourmous head looks like Saddam!

Comment

I'm not an artist.
                    That's what I said.

I don't believe art has to be photograph perfect, and I'm sure van Gogh and Dali would agree with me. You can spend your time being critical of someone else's vision, or you can enjoy it for what it is and move on. I think it looks good, and if it was meant to evoke emotion, it worked on me.

Comment

Art is for the beholder. Clearly, s_qwert63, your only interest is in art as a documentation device. Others have different views and uses for art.

Also. I would do some research. But i am unwilling to bother since i assume that your attributation on your work is not likely to be "Artist : s_qwert63". Without knowing your name it would be pointless. Therefore it is down to you to provide the evidence.
                      at

Comment

Even the girls face, which is stuck to an enourmous head looks like Saddam!
                        At that age, the head is very disproportionate compared to the body.
                        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

in my opinion; its NOT the quality of the art (IN THIS SPECIFIC CASE) that is important, but the message and emotions conveyed by the art that are important!

Comment

yes i agree with you totally its emotion not what it looks like.
                            two wrongs dont make a right but three wrongs do. ;D

join my games site

Comment

OK, you win!

Comment

Working...
                              X