PDA

View Full Version : Putin resigns Russian Government



Lunatock
25 Feb 04,, 01:20
Fun fact: Putin is ex-KGB. Have a nice day.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=4424609

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin announced Tuesday that the government of Prime Minister Mikhail Kasyanov had resigned.

"In accordance with article 117 of the Russian Constitution, I have decided today that the government is to resign," Putin said in a live television broadcast.

lurker
27 Feb 04,, 08:30
Originally posted by Lunatock
Fun fact: Putin is ex-KGB. Have a nice day.


Bush is an ex(?)-stoner. Whats your point? ;)

smilingassassin
27 Feb 04,, 23:01
"Bush is an ex(?)-stoner. Whats your point? ;)"


Wow...and for a minute there I thought you would acctually have something usefull to say...*slaps his forhead* What was I thinking!!!

lurker
28 Feb 04,, 01:03
Originally posted by smilingassassin
Wow...and for a minute there I thought you would acctually have something usefull to say...*slaps his forhead* What was I thinking!!!

yawn :lol there is some useful info for you :)

KGB is translated to english as "Committee of the Homeland Security".
Got any happy thoughts now? :smoke

Officer of Engineers
28 Feb 04,, 01:14
*** shudder ***

Lunatock
28 Feb 04,, 01:41
Originally posted by lurker
Bush is an ex(?)-stoner. Whats your point? ;)

"Used to toke up" was never cause for concern, as Putin putting military development in overdrive & consolidating his power is.

Confed999
28 Feb 04,, 02:01
Originally posted by lurker
KGB is translated to english as "Committee of the Homeland Security".
I think it's Committee of State Security, in fact I'm sure of it. ;)

lurker
28 Feb 04,, 06:14
Originally posted by Confed999
I think it's Committee of State Security, in fact I'm sure of it. ;)

Yes, it may be translated like that too. But translation often a difficult task, because you need to thanslate not the word, but meaning.

p.s. how do you translate "Mary had a little lamb"? :brick
p.p.s. just found out that I hate somebody, and that is fat chiks. :ermm

s_qwert63
28 Feb 04,, 22:53
Originally posted by Lunatock
"Used to toke up" was never cause for concern, as Putin putting military development in overdrive & consolidating his power is.

Fun fact: Bush is a dumbshit.

Bush also did cocaine and avoided Vietnam. What is your point? If Putin is an ex-KGB that makes him more experienced in politics.

Lunatock
28 Feb 04,, 23:41
Originally posted by s_qwert63
Bush also did cocaine and avoided Vietnam. What is your point? If Putin is an ex-KGB that makes him more experienced in politics.

Where's your source for this? Russian Elementary School?

Putin being ex-KGB means he can and probably would out criminal the Bearded Ones and the Chechen Mafiya if he really tried. Which it looks like he's gearing up to do.

Heh, he'd probably be even worse than the Pali's and the leftists say Ariel Sharon is.

Confed999
28 Feb 04,, 23:53
Originally posted by lurker
Yes, it may be translated like that too.
On the entire internet only one site agrees with you, and it's a strange "propaganda" site. My translation provides 654 hits when looking for exact phrase. Aparently there is a different word for homeland in Russian. Argue this if you want, but it's an empty argument.

Originally posted by lurker
p.s. how do you translate "Mary had a little lamb"? :brick
Now you're trying to tell me there's no words in Russian for had, a, little or lamb? That's silly.

Confed999
28 Feb 04,, 23:55
Originally posted by s_qwert63
If Putin is an ex-KGB that makes him more experienced in politics.
Not sure I'd want ex-CIA to have as much power as Putin either.

s_qwert63
29 Feb 04,, 02:05
Originally posted by Lunatock
Putin being ex-KGB means he can and probably would out criminal the Bearded Ones and the Chechen Mafiya if he really tried. Which it looks like he's gearing up to do.

Maybe he realised that co-operating with them is more effective than rooting them out. Do you have any idea how powerfull the Chechen Mafia is? The "hachiks" are the main and the most powerfull criminals on the space of the former Soviet Union, you cannot simply root them out in one go.

lurker
29 Feb 04,, 05:37
Originally posted by Confed999
On the entire internet only one site agrees with you, and it's a strange "propaganda" site. My translation provides 654 hits when looking for exact phrase. Aparently there is a different word for homeland in Russian. Argue this if you want, but it's an empty argument.


Well, I have a very little desire for arguing, and don't want to force my opinion on anybody.- But simple Yahoo search for "kgb homeland secutiry" provides 30,000 hits.

Not all of those provide this variant of tranlation, some for example tell about ex-KGB specialists hired by Department and so on... so the point about the ties between those 2 stays.




Now you're trying to tell me there's no words in Russian for had, a, little or lamb? That's silly.

lol. Sure there is an exact word. Exept that thiss word can mean "own", "eat" or "had sex" :lol

Lunatock
29 Feb 04,, 05:39
Originally posted by s_qwert63


Maybe he realised that co-operating with them is more effective than rooting them out. Do you have any idea how powerfull the Chechen Mafia is? The "hachiks" are the main and the most powerfull criminals on the space of the former Soviet Union, you cannot simply root them out in one go. [/B]

Kinda. All I've ever heard of the Mafiya was in Aukai Collin's book.

A Chechen Mob boss lead Aukai Collins & Ayeesha Sulemano through a Russian checkpoint, and he just dismissed the Soldiers with a wave of his hand when they started to say something. :LOL

Confed999
29 Feb 04,, 07:42
Originally posted by lurker
Well, I have a very little desire for arguing, and don't want to force my opinion on anybody.- But simple Yahoo search for "kgb homeland secutiry" provides 30,000 hits.

Not all of those provide this variant of tranlation, some for example tell about ex-KGB specialists hired by Department and so on... so the point about the ties between those 2 stays.

lol. Sure there is an exact word. Exept that thiss word can mean "own", "eat" or "had sex" :lol
I guess you figured it out then. The devistating collapse of the USSR, the resulting chaos and suffering comes down to a lack of vocabulary. Had they built 1 less missle and added 10 pages to their dictionary they might be doing ok now. A shame, all because they couldn't tell what each other is saying. =P

Lunatock
29 Feb 04,, 12:50
Originally posted by Confed999
I guess you figured it out then. The devistating collapse of the USSR, the resulting chaos and suffering comes down to a lack of vocabulary. Had they built 1 less missle and added 10 pages to their dictionary they might be doing ok now. A shame, all because they couldn't tell what each other is saying. =P

<russian accent> Mary did what to the little lamb?!<russian accent> :lol

Trooth
29 Feb 04,, 14:37
Originally posted by lurker
lol. Sure there is an exact word. Exept that thiss word can mean "own", "eat" or "had sex" :lol

?
Same in English.

"I had that Jennifer Aniston in the back of my car once".