PDA

View Full Version : Parris Island

AmericanMarine
21 Feb 04,, 08:20
Here are just a couple of pictures of my trip. I hope to have the rest developed sometime soon.

Brother on the right. This was on the parade deck right after graduation.

AmericanMarine
21 Feb 04,, 08:21
Brother and some of his buddies throughout basic. Btw, that is their housing behind them.

bigross86
21 Feb 04,, 17:26
Sweet pix dude

Lunatock
21 Feb 04,, 17:27
No pics of yourself at boot?

AmericanMarine
21 Feb 04,, 21:16
I'm sure my mother would have some if I asked her (she's the blonde in the picture). I didn't keep any.

Anvilanthony
23 Feb 04,, 07:05
What ethnic group or nationality are you.

Irish, german... because I know you couldn't be of any mediterreanian group because you're blonde right?

ChrisF202
23 Feb 04,, 23:00
How can some of the guys in that picture be lance corporals if they just graduated from Parris?

Lunatock
24 Feb 04,, 18:30
Some of them are Lance Corporals apon Graduation. I've even known of one graduate that was still a Private.

ChrisF202
25 Feb 04,, 00:52
Originally posted by Lunatock
Some of them are Lance Corporals apon Graduation. I've even known of one graduate that was still a Private.
I was speaking to a friend of mine today at school and he said that when he graduates from Parris, he will graduate as a lance corporal because he has a friend already in the Corps. Is this possible?

AmericanMarine
25 Feb 04,, 03:49
Let's see. There are a couple ways.

A) You get 2 buds to sign up with you when you do, you automatically get a promotion (to PFC).
B) You probably have attended JROTC programs in high school, etc. and sometimes through this *if you are a very distinguished cadet* you can receive a promotion, if you stuck around all four years.
C) You did a fuck of a job in Boot and became the distinguished Recruit in your Platoon and you can be upped that way, if the SDI believes you are ready for that challenge.