PDA

View Full Version : HIV situation in Asia

xplore
24 Sep 06,, 09:54
:mad:

HIV/AIDS Situation in India
HIV Infected: 5.1 million1AIDS Deaths: Not Available1
AIDS Orphans: Not Available1
India has the second largest number of people living with HIV/AIDS in the world, with an adult population prevalence of approximately 5.13 percent2. Though HIV infection in India is concentrated among poor, marginalized groups, HIV is spreading quickly into the general population. Approximately 90 percent of reported AIDS cases occur in sexually active and economically productive individuals aged 15 to 44 years.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchstp/od/gap/countries/india.htm

THL
24 Sep 06,, 09:56
Thanks for the information. I am sure we will all keep that in mind.

:confused:

brak
24 Sep 06,, 10:00

India has the second largest number of people living with HIV/AIDS in the world, with an adult population prevalence of approximately 5.13 percent2. Though HIV infection in India is concentrated among poor, marginalized groups, HIV is spreading quickly into the general population. Approximately 90 percent of reported AIDS cases occur in sexually active and economically productive individuals aged 15 to 44 years.

The title of the thread says HIV situation in Asia but you only posted the figures for India.You conviniently forgot to post the figures for the rest of the countries. Hmmmm..I wonder why:rolleyes:

brak
24 Sep 06,, 10:02
By the way this report is based on figures taken in 2004. You are two years late. Nice try, better luck next time. Troll.

THL
24 Sep 06,, 10:04
The title of the thread says HIV situation in Asia but you only posted the figures for India.You conviniently forgot to post the figures for the rest of the countries. Hmmmm..I wonder why:rolleyes:

Are you suggesting that our little explorer did that intentionally? I dare say not!! I would be shocked and appalled to find that a WAB member would say something negative about another, especially an entire GROUP of people. :eek:

(I also fell for that ocean front property in Arizona thing, though. :frown: )

;)

xplore
24 Sep 06,, 10:09
Are you suggesting that our little explorer did that intentionally? I dare say not!! I would be shocked and appalled to find that a WAB member would say something negative about another, especially an entire GROUP of people. :eek:

;)

Oh dear come on.
I posted it as it is biggest concern in Asia and for rest of the world. Situation in other Asian countries is not that bad. The government need to allocate some resources for fighting HIV rather then buying misiles to kill people. Here are the reasons of spresd of HIV.

HIV/AIDS is now spreading alarmingly in India. During 2002 the number of people infected rose to 4.58 million, up from 3.97 million in 2001 and 2005 is rise 5.1 million. In the last 5 years the infection rate among the commercial sex workers of Mumbai has increased from 1% to 51 %. States in India - Maharashtra, Tamil Naidu, Karnataka, Andhra Pardesh, Manipur and Nagaland have infection rates greater than 1%. The ‘Rainbow Nari O Shishu Kallyan Foundation’ identified four major approaches in a groundbreaking study on spread out HIV in Asia. This study undertook by comparing of social-economic norm, family pattern, economic dependency, cause of mounting sex industries, gender discrimination status & global analysis fact. There are four factors that appear to play a crucial role in HIV transmission in Asian countries: Injection/ intravenous drug use (By sharing needle), female sex work (Due to lack of safe sex knowledge), gender discrimination (which indirectly force females commercial or non-commercial sex), Same sex/ homosexually/ Hizra (Due to lack of HIV/AIDS information, because they act invisible in this society). Poverty & illiteracy fueled it proportionally.

http://www.raisethefist.com/news.cgi?artical=wire/--------99859043t4a.article

brak
24 Sep 06,, 10:11

;)

This little xplorer has this habit of badmouthing India and glorifying a certain country. But then I guess I am wrong. Like you said why would a WAB member do something like this "intentionally".:biggrin:

THL
24 Sep 06,, 10:17
Oh dear come on.
First of all, I am not your "dear".

Secondly...

I posted it as it is biggest concern in Asia and for rest of the world.
AIDS is a concern in ALL the world, you are correct. Why not post ALL the statistics and not single out one particular country to rid the idea of your mal-intent? Simple answer...you posted it as a direct hit toward one group of people. Not out of concern for them, but out of malice toward them.

Lahori paa jee
24 Sep 06,, 12:34
Whats the situation in Africa and countries like Thailand. They have much higher numbers of Aids patients

Akshay
24 Sep 06,, 14:14

Maybe he believes sooner or later the whole of Asia is going to be assimilate in India. Well, I would be happy with as li'l as South Asian sub-continent. Don't want to offend anybody's soverneighty.

667medic
24 Sep 06,, 14:17
Maybe he believes sooner or later the whole of Asia is going to be assimilate in India. Well, I would be happy with as li'l as South Asian sub-continent. Don't want to offend anybody's soverneighty.

Hey I like that, then I can marry a Thai girl and still satisfy my mother's criteria that I should marry an Indian:biggrin:

brak
24 Sep 06,, 14:19
Hey I like that, then I can marry a Thai girl and still satisfy my mother's criteria that I should marry an Indian:biggrin:
I see medic is an asian fetish boy :biggrin:

667medic
24 Sep 06,, 14:22
I see medic is an asian fetish boy :biggrin:

Can't help it man. I am trying to learn Mandarin now. I hope to score one with that skill in the future;)

Akshay
24 Sep 06,, 14:23

And have a Bangladeshi Chaprasi & toilet-cleaner from the immediate western neighborhood.

667medic
24 Sep 06,, 14:29
And have a Bangladeshi Chaprasi & toilet-cleaner from the immediate western neighborhood.

No thanks, don't wanna get backstabbed:mad:

brak
24 Sep 06,, 14:32
Can't help it man. I am trying to learn Mandarin now. I hope to score one with that skill in the future;)

good luck , though its better to teach them english.Thats what i did ;)

Akshay
24 Sep 06,, 14:32
No thanks, don't wanna get backstabbed:mad:

For cleaning up public toilets..not my personal one. Maybe that way they would find some work & stop mindlessly chasing those poor 72 heavenly brides.

667medic
24 Sep 06,, 17:05
good luck , though its better to teach them english.Thats what i did ;)

But I am sure you still need to know some Mandarin....
Anyway congrats, jealous of you man:redface: :biggrin:

joey2
24 Sep 06,, 19:06
Xplore i can assure you on this AIDS in India is not increasing for a year instead decreasing not increasing in alarming rate.
there are numberrr of steps taken in my state where i stay..
1> in calcutta metro[one of the oldest i think after london metro?] in tv commercials there is a girl dancing and telling ppls to use condoms and stuffs.
2>number of school campaigns
3> sex education is must in school here in my state.
4> the shemales are trying to make a aware in the poverty stricken class of the society.

and its really goin down :) it'll go down more in the coming years hopefully.
this problem is among the peoples who are illeterate, and we are trying best to eradicate it, wont happen overnight might take quarter of a generation :).
if we were 100% literate we wud have been almost second to none....

and finally i have taken a step to make it aware among my friends, that "donot forget to carry a packet in college parties, you never know what pill they'll slip in your drink and yea if possible hand is better till you have a gf lmao"

Ray
24 Sep 06,, 20:02
I don't understand why you all are getting angry with Xplorer.

All he has done is reproduce an article.

He has not commented, has he?

I am sure he reproduced the article, not to indicate the number of AIDS patients in India, but out of sheer worry as to what is the state of AIDS in Pakistan where the medical facilities are so poor that they require to come to India for treatment and surgery or they hire Indian doctors to perform surgery in Pakistan (remember that thread on this forum?)

Obviously, when Pakistan's medical facilities are equivalent to Indian rural hospitals, it does cause concern that they do not have the facilities or the laboratories or even the reagents required to diagnose AIDS. Obviously, when one does not have the facilities, then how will they know what is the AIDS situation in their country. And their country is replete with honour rapes and if one goes by the threads on this forum in abuses by the theological teachers of young boys in the theological seminaries!

I believe same sex experiences are also a great contributor of AIDS and there are threads on this forum to indicate the rampant activity in that country.

xplore
24 Sep 06,, 20:23

:)

SLASH
24 Sep 06,, 20:50
:)
Seriously I'll ask you again which Madrassa did you study in???:biggrin:
What does HIV have to do with healthcare???
Why do people from Pakistan have to come to India for surgeries ???many of them for free out of charity....May be Pakistan should spend more money on welfare than paint for their korean and chinese missiles and outdated F-16's.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
How many docters,Engineers and scientist does Pakistan have???
How many world class universities do you'll have???
Why does Pakistan rely so much on foreign aid?Can't it provide its own people:rolleyes: ?
Why did you'll stat begging for money during the Kashmir earthquake?
How much money has been actually been spent on the victims?

Ray
24 Sep 06,, 21:02
Xploer,

Are you an advertising agent, in that you reproduce the same article at regular intervals as if one is seeing it during the commercial break.

Man, you are sure an oddball and a fish!

xplore
24 Sep 06,, 21:08
Xploer,

Are you an advertising agent, in that you reproduce the same article at regular intervals as if one is seeing it during the commercial break.

Man, you are sure an oddball and a fish!

Angry man:)

Ray
24 Sep 06,, 21:09
I only knew there were urang utangs! ;)

Ray
24 Sep 06,, 21:10

Not angry.

Just exasperated at the poor commentary that you dish out.

I enjoy an educated debate.

That sharpens the wit apart from having huge eduation value!

You claimed I was a troll.

Quite a troll to have survived a 15,000 plus post in WAB, where Hawkeyes form the Mods and Admins team!

joey2
24 Sep 06,, 23:09
nothing offensive but xplore i was thinking you cud get in a good discussion without posting those one-liners.
you pretty much didnt replied to what i said instead replying to peoples using adjectives who didnt even asked u anything.
if you can get in a good discussion it'll be much better.

brak
24 Sep 06,, 23:11
don't waste your time on xplore, he/she is a troll.

joey2
25 Sep 06,, 00:39
Is baobok kind of african tree famous in forests of uganda where the lions roar...
i think its baobab .. aint they same? :D
i read it in a book adventure story called "mountain of the moon" its bout rictersveld mountains and diamond mines written by a famous writer.

THL
25 Sep 06,, 00:41
Is baobok kind of african tree famous in forests of uganda where the lions roar...
i think its baobab .. aint they same? :D
i read it in a book adventure story called "mountain of the moon" its bout rictersveld mountains and diamond mines written by a famous writer.

I am not sure now. I know that in my Zoo Tycoon game I have the option of putting that tree in the enclosures but I don't have the game here with me.

brak
25 Sep 06,, 00:59
But I am sure you still need to know some Mandarin....
Anyway congrats, jealous of you man:redface: :biggrin:

In the past my friend.. but it was fun while it lasted.

Parihaka
25 Sep 06,, 02:36
Butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
Butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
Butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
Butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
Butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
Butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
Butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
Butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
Butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
butter cookie,
Mmmmmm.

kams
25 Sep 06,, 02:36
For the benefit of ignorant explorers, please see attached. Source US Embassy.

THL
25 Sep 06,, 02:55