Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First of the New Super-Carriers(warning Big Image)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First of the New Super-Carriers(warning Big Image)

http://www.yellowpan.com/twnmil/phpB...s/dcs03-41.jpg

Last edited by Praxus; 18 Feb 04,, 02:28.

Huh? Why is that any different than the Nimitz class super-carriers?
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

the way they placed the superstructure is a bad idea because if a plane tries to land on it and missed, there is a greater chance that the plane will hit the superstructure.

I like the other idea. Split the superstructure into two smaller ones, the mast and the lookout center.

Comment

Huh? Why is that any different than the Nimitz class super-carriers?
        For one it has a much smaller super-structure and phased array radar. On top of this it will have a more powerful Nuclear Reactor(25% increase), Electromagnetic Catapult, and perhaps even Lasers for Missile Defense.

The second ship in the new series is going to incorporate a completly new hull design and deck.

the way they placed the superstructure is a bad idea because if a plane tries to land on it and missed, there is a greater chance that the plane will hit the superstructure.
        Nimitz is similar and by the way you land from the rear heading away from the super-structure.

There is no way you could pull out of it if you missed by that much and you were landing on a Nimitz either unless it was by an act of God.

Comment

What are the demensions on this mother?

Who will it be named after?

Comment

I would guess it's displacement to be similar to the USS Ronald Reagon which is about 100,000 tons. It will pretty much have the same dimensions.

Comment

The Ronald Reagan is 98,000 tons.

1098ft long and forgot what it is wide.

Comment

The Ronald Reagan itself is not 98,000 tons, it displaces 98,000 tons of water:D

Comment

ok then how much does it weigh?

Comment

Don't have a damn clue;)

Comment

Originally posted by Praxus
                      The Ronald Reagan itself is not 98,000 tons, it displaces 98,000 tons of water:D
                      Displacement = weight.
                      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Displacement = how much water the ship displaces, which very well may be the weight of the ship I am not sure how it works.

Comment

The weight of the ship is equivalent to displacement. There are no scales large enough to weigh a ship, but the amount of water it displaces can be measured.

The other method of measuring a ship is by gross tonnage, which has nothing to do with size, but rather, a gross ton is equivalent to 100 cubic feet. Therefore a ship that is 50,000 gross tons would be 5,000,000 cubic feet.
                          "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

wheres the pic all i get is an x
                            two wrongs dont make a right but three wrongs do. ;D

join my games site

Comment

What if an object just floats on the water. Obviously it weighs something but its density that it doesn't displace the water. How do you account for that weight?

Comment

Working...
                              X