Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Hot Celeb news of the year! Hopefully Ken will hook up with Sindy.

Passion over for Barbie and Ken

Valentine's Day is approaching, but the romance is over for Barbie and Ken.
    After 43 years as an item, the plastic pair's "business manager" at toymaker Mattel said they "feel it's time to spend some quality time - apart".

"Like other celebrity couples, their Hollywood romance has come to an end," said Russell Arons of Mattel toys.

But the split may also be related to sales figures in the last quarter - which fell by 5% globally and 25% on the domestic market in the US.

It coincides with the release of the latest Barbie model - Cali (as in Californian) Girl Barbie, who sports board shorts, a bikini top, metal hoop earrings and a deeper tan.

Career girl

Barbie and Ken met on the set of a television advert in 1961 - two years after Barbie was first launched.

Wasp-waisted with unlikely proportions, Barbie was an incongruous accompaniment to the feminist wave of the 1960s and 70s, although her career has spanned everything from rock star to military medic.

More than one billion dolls have now been sold in 150 countries.

Cali Girl Barbie has already attracted a new admirer - Blaine the Australian boogie surf boarder.

But Mr Arons assured fans that she will remain "good friends" with Ken.

Yeah, right.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3484949.stm

Sorry, just couldn't resist! :)
    at

Re: Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Nice one Trooth. ;) After 43 years does common law marrige count in plastic couples?

Originally posted by Trooth
    More than one billion dolls have now been sold in 150 countries.
    That has to make the people who produce Barbie really proud, a billion youngsters using their imagination and having fun.
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Re: Re: Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Confed999
      Nice one Trooth. ;) After 43 years does common law marrige count in plastic couples?
      Hee hee, just think of the marriage settlement on that one!

That has to make the people who produce Barbie really proud, a billion youngsters using their imagination and having fun.
      Good point. I never thought of it like that.
      at

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Trooth
        I never thought of it like that.
        I hope they have, it's quite an accomplishment.
        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Working...
        X